Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm new to diablo 2 classic...

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Gibby, May 31, 2005.

1. Gibby

Gibby Banned

I'm new to diablo 2 classic...

Since my diablo 2 expansion disc just got eaten by my disc drive....I guess I'll be playin classic ladder for a little while. Anyone who could leave their acc name or possibly start me off onto the right foot would be highly appreciated. My acc name is fccgibby09, and please leave yours. Thanks.

2. zxc_cxz

zxc_cxz IncGamers Member

Perhaps we could start/quest together .. I have a level 13 zon started a few days ago, account is *the.geo if you wanna :) Later!

3. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

As far as fast lvling goes, if you are looking to get to 20 uber fast, you should get this gear.

1. Khalims Will
    2. Pelta Luna or Hsarus'
    3. Greyform/Twich when you lvl up to 16
    4. Biggens Bonnet
    5. Deaths sash and Gloves
    6. Hsarus' boots
    7. Angelic rings/Ammy for added life/ar at lvl12.

Then just go into a full game, and kill Everything in sight. You already can have Khalims will on (no lvl req) so run to Stoney and start Killing. Within a few seconds you will have Pelta/Hsarus' and Biggens on, which will make the job even easier. At that point go through the passageway to get to Dark Wood. On the way there, you will lvl enough to wear Greyform and the Deaths set items.
    Run over, kill the guys guarding that Tree, then run off and get the waypoints. Just from running to get the waypoints in act 1 the rest of the way will get you to 16-17 by the time you make it to Catacombs. (Providing you can get the game to stay fairly full).

After that, make a kill Andy game (so you can get quest) and you should be 18+ and almost ready to cow in no time flat.

Realistically you can do this just using Angelics, Pelta, and Khalims (well you can do this with just kahlims and pelta if you want to be REAL cheap.)
    But the more items, the faster you can lvl and get ready to go into cow games.

Once you no longer need to use Khalims, make sure to mule that, along with your other low lvl lvl'ing gear, back onto a mule to keep safe till next time.

4. Standard Legal Tender

Standard Legal Tender Banned

Cracked Short Bow and Chant would do just fine as well. :lol:

5. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

But then you're being dependant entering the game with two characters, or having a buddy enchant you.

My way, you don't need any outside help, and lvl extremely fast.

I used to use enchanters on lod, but that was only for when a char reached lvl 20. Then I'd find close to full games, have my enchantress and the lvl20 char enter, enchant the lvl 20, have the enchantress leave. clog the cow tp so no one can get in, and then solo kill.

6. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

cathans is also a great alternative to angelics, providing 6 ll per ring and 15-20fire dmg per ring/ammy. i think you get 10 str from them also. if you're making a character that you're going to be adding some strength [even a little bit] you can get sig gloves [+10more str] then helm on for more AR. couple this with a low lvl req war hammer and you're smacking things pretty hard, with something like 22% life leech and +45-60 fire dmg, 30ias, etc.. at lvl 11...

7. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

sardoniclysane, Gibby is just starting out, how is he gonna get those items by himself? Either option stated (good items or enchant) requires him to be dependant on someone.

8. Standard Legal Tender

Standard Legal Tender Banned

Someone on this forum might be nice enough to chant him, plus I find chant lvls up a lot faster than good gear, in full game i can get lvl 1-20 in around 15 minutes. Then 5 minutes of cowing with chant and I have a lvl 26 character within less than 1/2 hour.

9. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Are you saying people on this forum are so stingy they wouldn't donate an item or two for this purpose?

10. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

I change em around depending on my moods.

Remember, kahlims has no lvl req, and starting at lvl one your doing 60dmg. Deaths also gives you the 30 ias, with 8ll, can't be frozen high pr 15 priz. Cathans does increase the damage nicely though, which is why I have them also on my low lvl gear mule.

11. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Hey Gibby, i started classic recently but for different reasons than you :) I'd be more than happy to have another person to talk/quest/whatever with. *1337LeetSt

12. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

if you are on USwest SCL I can rush you and maybe power lvl you for abit. I find it more fun to play through but if you want a little bit of a pussh off feel free to ask.
    WNxZerker.2

Zerker

13. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

using hsarus boot/shield/belt also gives you a nice little list of mods, cannot be frozen is among them.

14. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Your Realm should NOT be a mystery...

Why do most of the time ppl ask for help in some way, they fail to state their realm? This time he left his acct and that he plays ladder, but that just isnt enough. The last item on ur personal profile under 'User CP' asks u to provide the realm u play on. Use it!!!