Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm making a summonless mancer (not even a golem O.o) ifr

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by pugilist, Oct 15, 2006.

1. pugilist

pugilist Banned

I'm making a summonless mancer (not even a golem o_O)

Yep, that's right. All artillery!

I plan on maxing CE, and using infinity, but after that I am kind of stuck! The obvious choice is going to be maxing out bone skills. Should I go with spears and jack up my wall and prison to get a healthy armor?

would it be a good idea to max lowers resist to use vs physical immune packs?

lmk what you guys think.

2. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I guess you're going for amp and lowered fire resistance when hitting with the CE? Sounds like it'd be pretty effective to me...

How many +skills are you going to be wearing? I had a max CE summoner once with just 5 +skills to it, 15 total would have been more than enough for any mob.

There are 2 ways you can look at your usage of spears or spirits in my opinion.

Spears are going to get more than 1 hit and cast faster, spirits are going to do more damage to a single target. The way I look at it, if you're main goal is to just CE the mob to death then having a nice killing merc and spear is the way to go. Because one is going to die sooner or later and the others will be injuried (more likely to die from 1 CE blast.) Giving you more corpses faster (I'd think.)

I'd say synergy wise if you have enough +skills for minimal distribution to CE then you should do wall and prison for the massive armor bonus and for the fact you'll need something to keep the baddies from getting to you.

If you max lower resis your bone damage is going to suffer greatly, you're already using infinity so 1 point will do.

3. tomatoman

tomatoman IncGamers Member

i think spirit and a strong merc would be more effective coupled with CE against mobs. a few spirits and merc hits will take 2 down pretty quick, then blow up enough to kill the mob, shoot spirits at any other close packs and CE the rest of the first group.
    and unless you really want to have nothing in the summoning tree, just put 1 point into clay golem and golem mastery to slow bosses.