i'm mad

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
i'm mad

first, a little history:

my great grandfather started a company that lays foundations and basically does work with concrete, it is a medium sized company

after my great grandfather died the company was turned over to my great uncle (merlin), who runs the company, along with his son (john, my mothers cousin), and some other guy i don't know

my great uncle employed his daughter as their secretary (about 8 years ago), so she is the daughter of one of the owners and also the sister of another owner (that make sense?)

now, the daughter (tina) has recently been having some problems with her husband (bud), he uses drugs, which she won't accept, she kicked him out for about a month but has recently allowed him to move back in for a few weeks (for reasons i don't know)

what makes me mad is this: i just found out today that tina was recently fired by her brother, not only does that put her completely out of a job (she has two kids), but it is her family that did this knowing that she has no other source of income, the reason they fired her, and this is what they told her, is because she allowed her husband to move back in with her

i don't understand how her brother and father have the right to fire someone because of their personal life, regardless if they are family or not

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
 

Dutchman

Diabloii.Net Member
ZeppelinAngel said:
first, a little history:

my great grandfather started a company that lays foundations and basically does work with concrete, it is a medium sized company

after my great grandfather died the company was turned over to my great uncle (merlin), who runs the company, along with his son (john, my mothers cousin), and some other guy i don't know

my great uncle employed his daughter as their secretary (about 8 years ago), so she is the daughter of one of the owners and also the sister of another owner (that make sense?)

now, the daughter (tina) has recently been having some problems with her husband (bud), he uses drugs, which she won't accept, she kicked him out for about a month but has recently allowed him to move back in for a few weeks (for reasons i don't know)

what makes me mad is this: i just found out today that tina was recently fired by her brother, not only does that put her completely out of a job (she has two kids), but it is her family that did this knowing that she has no other source of income, the reason they fired her, and this is what they told her, is because she allowed her husband to move back in with her

i don't understand how her brother and father have the right to fire someone because of their personal life, regardless if they are family or not

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
They don't have the right, and she could sue them for wrongful dismissal, but seeing as its family she is pretty much screwed either way.

Dutch
 

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Dutchman said:
They don't have the right, and she could sue them for wrongful dismissal, but seeing as its family she is pretty much screwed either way.

Dutch
Dutch is right... I'm sorry Zepp :(
That's kind of wrong, if she let him move in to help him out with his problems... but I guess your family might be trying to show her a lesson, in the worst friggin way possible.
 

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Damn! That´s really low. Maybe they should try to actually look out for her instead of screwing her over if they´re concerned...
 

Dutchman

Diabloii.Net Member
What makes this particularly ridiculous is that by cutting off her source of income they are changing her position from choosing to give someone she loves another chance to forcing her to stay as she has no income.

Foolish all around. You don't treat familt like that.

Dutch
 

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
th5418 said:
I thought that personal life couldnt make you get fired. Its illegal :scratch:
i know that, i even told my grandmother that tina has the right to sue, but i highly doubt she will

i think they're doing it because they're almost certain that they can get away with whatever they want because she's family
 

th5418

Banned
If i were Tina, i would take that crap. I'd have to raise 2 kids WITHOUT any income? I'd sue in the blink of an eye.
 

Dutchman

Diabloii.Net Member
th5418 said:
If i were Tina, i would take that crap. I'd have to raise 2 kids WITHOUT any income? I'd sue in the blink of an eye.
And risk putting a family business that employs so many of your relatives out of business? To do this when, although they're acting like asshats, they appear to have your best interest at heart, ie. They don't want her getting back together with a troubled spouse?

I wouldn't be so quick to destroy something started by my great grandfather and on which so many of my relatives rely. That's what makes this such a tough situation, it isn't black and white.

Dutch
 

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
10 of my family members rely solely on the income that comes from this company, so it's a mess no matter how you look at it like dutchy said
 

Freemason

Banned
I can see why they fired her. They are trying to force her hand into getting rid of the dirtbag. But they went about it totally wrong. Yet she also screwed up by taking the dirtbag back.

She should do two things. Get rid of him and ask for her job back. It's obvious this guy isn't worth tearing the family apart. Too bad for the kids. They're the real losers in this.
 

BasTyra

Diabloii.Net Member
What Lithium said.

I have a feeling there is more to this story. Are you sure there havent been problems with her husband for years? Perhaps the family has been trying to get her out of the situation for years, then she leaves him, only to take him back. Perhaps they felt a kick in the head would sort her out. Kinda like when people call the police on their own family.

Dutch is right though, by doing this they are pretty much forcing her back into his life as now she has no legs to stand on.
 
Poor Zep, I see what you are feeling here. But I try to put myself in the owners' place, and first of all, there may be a bunch of stuff you don't know about.
Perhaps this dirtbag husband of hers was getting her to embezzle for him. Maybe she borrowed money from the company and can't, or won't, pay it back. Perhaps they know that because of him being her husband, the company is in jeopardy. Maybe they know that every paycheck of hers goes to feed his drug habit.
It seems like a low thing to do, but perhaps they put this to her before and she agreed not to get back with him; and now, there he is, big as life all over again, threatening her and perhaps the rest of the family with his mere existence.
Do try to find out more about it before you make waves of your own, will you? I feel there is more here than meets the eye...
 

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
she does not support his drug habits in the slightest, she is the one that kicked him out of the house in the first place

there is really nothing more to tell you, you may not believe it, but trust me, if there was more, i would have already heard it by now
 
Well, all I can say is it sounds like Tough-Love Gone Bad, maybe. If she's that intent on keeping the loser around, then she will, regardless of what they do.
 

Dutchman

Diabloii.Net Member
When did this guy become a dirtbag? Jesus people all that was said is that he uses drugs and his wife won't accept this. We don't even know if he stopped.

We don't know if he is a heroin addict sharing needles with homeless guys or a just guy who likes an occasional joint whose wife is just uptight.

My wife would give me **** if she ever caught me smoking a joint and her mother would never let me hear the end of it but does that mean that the odd spliff makes me a dirt bag? Does the uptight nature of my inlaws mean that a bit of weed makes me the antichrist?

Hell maybe the guy is a dirtbag but we have no information to support that and absolutely no reason to fly off the handle. The issue is not the husband, unless he is a danger the issue remains the family's inability to mind their own damn business.

Yikes some of you are judgemental.

Dutch
 
Top