Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Im looking for a NEW and FUN pally!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by toastersauce, Apr 2, 2009.

1. toastersauce

toastersauce Diabloii.Net Member

Im looking for a NEW and FUN pally!

So im really over my Dreamadin. He rules, Absolutely crushes. i can solo hell no problems but alot of his gear went to fund a new sorc i needed for MF. So hes done with.

I still really like Paladins and want a melee char (all others i have are ranged) and NOT a hammerdin. I want to do something different with the next one, i have alot of ecletic gear, like Eth zodded Bstar/G Angle. I have the budget to pick up some other gear took but noting insane. Ive read alot of the builds and im just not feeling anything. I know its kinda a shot in the dark but does anyone have any ideas that are creative and viable, no need to be goldy he will be mostly pvm? Heres a few of mine

tankadin- Max salvation with gaurdian angle and lots of holy shield. Add some DR and ur a huge help to the party and ppl would love to have you Uber, PLus 95 ress all and stack elemental absorb damage.

Some version of a Riftadin using max convition and a merc with lots of ele dmg!

Thanks

2. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Im looking for a NEW and FUN pally!

Probably my strangest paladin build: An amp dmg/corpse explosion smiter

Another good one is a polar bear: Shapeshift with Beast, and pile on the defense and cold damage.

3. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus Diabloii.Net Member

In my experience, the most fun builds are the ones that always vary their strategy without it getting annoying. Thus, Zeal/Charge hybrids tend to turn out pretty fun- Charge provides the bulk of the strategy, while Zeal gets you out of situations where charge isn't practical.

Or you could try something completely different. Charge/FoH could be an interesting combo if you can find some way to make it work.

4. toastersauce

toastersauce Diabloii.Net Member

I would love for FoH to be practicable. Its not. I tried myaing 2 FoH for PvM one with dream as backup, and Another with conersion, both lost there punch pretty quick as the game filled up.

Im really thinking the Tankadin with 95% cold, fire, light res, and stack some absorbs on like blackhorns raven and something for fire res? (what absorbs fire that isn't a helm) with my bstar (200% AR helps with no zeal) could be fun. U would seldom die.

5. Scudstorm

Scudstorm Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
    Flamebellow Balrog Blade          +20-30%
    Dragonscale Zakarum Shield        +10-20%
    Dwarf Star Ring                   +15%
    The Rising Sun Amulet             +0-74 (0.75 Per Character Level) 
    Phoenix Weapon/Shield             +15-21
    Hellmouth War Gauntlets           +15
    Ethereal Edge Silver-edged Axe    +10-12
    Steel Shade Armet                 +5-11 (a helm tho)
    Todesfaelle Flamme Zweihander     +10

Also, SSoG has once made some kind of Tankadin based on PDR, MDR and life regen through auras. The guide should still be here somewhere... Res + absorb won't make you invincible against physical damage.

6. LordC

LordC Diabloii.Net Member

Titan Martyr using an eBotD Archon Staff. He'd have about an equal chance of killing an enemy and killing himself with every swing. If that won't make the game more exciting, nothing will.

7. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps Diabloii.Net Member

A VoR Convition zealer could be fun, lots of fireworks going off, and a safe build. Maybe a DR tank.

8. Asmodeous

Asmodeous Diabloii.Net Member

You read the Eletemplar guide stickied at the top of this forum?

That build makes FoH viable for PvM. It's actually quite fun and an effective build. No doubt a battle netter would benefit from torch/anni charms which would really help.

I've also posted a new "guide", well not a guide exactly, but a build concept that works far better than most people would think, the Fanatic avenger.

Read more about that here.

9. tuxor

tuxor Diabloii.Net Member

Take any character, and only use Magic items. Sure, the gameplay might be the same, but without things like Enigma, Hoto, Shako, etc. a hammerdin starts to look mighty different. Of course, getting items for these characters can be a bit of a hassel, but for some it's not that bad. Melee characters often are the hardest, as a blue wep capable of keeping up with RWs and uniqs is often pricey. like the old CFKoQs back in the day.

10. Spinns

Spinns Diabloii.Net Member

make a martyr in hardcore

11. gedda-d-e

gedda-d-e Diabloii.Net Member

I used to have a tankadin back in the day, we called them 'brickadins' then (oh, those wore the days...), using defiance and sacrefice/zeal as main attack, with 95 all resistances and max holy shield, max block, a few absorbs etc..

There used to be a guide in a swedish D2 forum I was part of, think the site has been down for ages though, I can see if I can dig it up for you...

It was for a previous patch however, and if I remeber correctly it required an ohm rune socket in one of the armour pieces to get to 95% all res. It was good fun to play, but I doubt it will reach the killing speed of a dreamer...