Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Im looking for a good mmorpg

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Johnny, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Im looking for a good mmorpg

Since september Ive been playing anarchy online which was pretty fun but the latest patch messed up alot of things so I think its time to sell my AO account on ebay and move to another game.

some I know about:

everyquest (that game is too old now)
    ultimaonline (is like multiplayer megaman in graphics I heard)
    star wars galaxies (I have no idea what its like, does it come with a trial period?)
    dark agens of camelot (Is this any good?)

Any other games out there?

2. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

just wait for the new *cough* game coming out by *cough* in the near future :)

3. Johnny

Johnny Banned

I know lineage 2 is coming out in a year or so and Il see if thats any good when its out but right now its not very good.

4. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Asheron's Call. The first one.

Best MMORPG on the market, and you can get it online w/ a CD-Key for only the price of the first month. It's got years of content behind it, and you get new content every month.

5. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

lineage 2 is in open beta and its going to be released fully next month.

Its good too.

6. braveicus

braveicus IncGamers Member

If I can stop one person from purchasing SWG I'll die a happy man. Don't get it unless you like a game where everything is bugged, the basic rules are arranged and rearranged daily and there is nothing to do in it. Seriously, there is very little content.

I've never played any of the others you mentioned, but I do currently play Final Fantasy XI. It's practically bug free, theres TONS of stuff to do, the class's are all balanced to near perfection and it even has a nice FF story to go along with it.

But, it's also a huge timesink, soloing is practically impossible for all but one class and it's and the game simply isn't too casual player friendly. You need some good 2+ hour blocks of free time minimum to really make any progress at mid to upper levels.

regards

7. Riegn

Riegn IncGamers Member

Like just said its out right now and its a very good game. Lineage 1 is also a good game.

8. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Try this one.

Knight Online

I haven't tried it yet, as I am downloading the client as we speak. I read some good things on another forum about this game. Supposed to be similar to *crowbar swings*.

9. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Ive played the closed and open beta and Im not too impressed with the game except for the graphics.

Im hoping the final version will have changed the game ALOT or I probably wont play it.

10. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

It will and theyve been vocal about it for a while. It would be too much of a translating task to just switch all the content over now, so they do it in blocks.

Closed was a very basic version, open has more content, and release will have some of the more juicy things.

11. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

you might want to look at a game called eve. it looks really sweet and my friend is addicted to it. goole for it and you should come up with it

edit: try googling for 'eve online'

12. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

Dark Age of Camelot

-D2netDad

13. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Ok I playd it some and it seems like a good game so far.

Playing Midgård on the Merlin server.

On a side note D2netDad went Omega nerd on msn for me picking Midgård side.

never before has the words "It is just a videogame" been so true.

This reminds me of back in 5th grade when kids on different sides playing warhammer (orcs dwarves etc) would act like rival gangs in school and fight eachother.

14. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

I think that you are a little off on this: the jobs are all mostly balanced but the classes are not. Mithra are way overpowered and Galka and Elvaan have gotten the crappy end of the deal. Other than that the game is fairly balanced. You have gotten the rest of it correct; there is quite a bit to do although it isn't all fun, very bugless, and not solo friendly.

15. ash2ash

ash2ash IncGamers Member

(from an Everquest player to DAoC player):

YOU GUYS ARE DORKS!!!

16. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

I'll second the vote for Asheron's Call. Although the graphics look really dated now, you can't beat getting new content each and every month. It's like crack coccaine.

17. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Anyone have some ingame screenshots of asherons call?

Screenshots with menus, hotbars etc and that also shows what the graphics is like.

18. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

Hahah so that's why you stopped talking to me when I said I play Hib, D2NetDad...? ;)

Johnny, how do you connect to a US server from Sweden? I only have the options to play on the EU ones. Are they different versions of the game, or what?

And as far as gaming suggestions, I think DAOC is great. If you want a game with a slightly different approach to economy, you might want to check out:

https://www.project-entropia.com/Index.ajp

no monthly fee, what you pay you get to spend. And apparently you can make money from it too... Haven't tried it myself but am curious.

19. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

Never did I think even you would be so low as to bring a Private message conversation and post it publically. And editing it to fit your story to boot. Not quite a true quote but I would expect no less from you now.

With that being said, i'll spell it out for you once again why I choose not to help you on this game on my forums for my guild.

The game is based around 3 competing realms on each server. Hibernia; land of the celts, Midgard; land of the norse, and Albion; Land of the britons.

Each regular action server that you could have chose to be a Mid on (Iseult, Palomides, Bedevere, Pellinor, Kay, Gawaine, Ingraine, Tristan, Bors, Morgan Le Fay, Galahad, Lancelot, and Merlin) have these three competing realms and every one of those servers functions the same way.

I started playing this game over a year ago and since that time have built my home into Albion Merlin. With that said, you PM'd my wife asking for information about the game, which servers were good, etc... She told you that we played on Albion Merlin and told you you could recieve help on our guild forums, which I pay for. With all the server choices above you chose Merlin, and chose the competing with us realm of Midgard. With that being said I still explained it in detail why my wife and I would no longer help you.

I have no problem helping a Mid, in fact I play Midgard on the Morgan Le Fay server. I also play Hibs on Lancelot so that rules out in game "racism" which is funny you even mentioned that.

Here's how it boils down. I'll explain it as simply as I can, since you've been told this by my wife and more bluntly by me. If you want our help in this game, you will not get it by choosing the enemy on our server. It just doesn't work like that. Most people can and do see it, but obviously you have to resort to bashing me on a forum that is not even related to the game.

I have locked your account on our forums as we are an Albion Merlin Guild. Figure it out, you don't help the enemy. I am a guild leader, and as such have to have integrity. I refuse to help the enemy. Perhaps someday you'll understand it's not about it being a game, it's about the choice you made to directly compete with us, then expected help on our forums. Find a nice Mid guild and get your help there if you want. Just don't expect help on our forums on our server, when you play the competing realm.

Next time try asking if a PM conversation is ok to post, I thought it was against the rules here.

Hatsepsut, If I haven't responded to your questions it's because I missed them, nothing else. I have no hard feelings towards Mids or Hibs that dont' play on my home server. Hope you understand.

-D2netDad

20. Camille

Camille IncGamers Member

Coming out of the woodwork to say the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread this morning. Johnny you are a frikken loser. This has nothing to do with anything other than by helping an "enemy" realm grow stronger in the game it creates a less balanced and more difficult gaming experience for myself and all of my friends that I play with. Any other reasons you may create in your own mind are false and moronic. Never has this statement been more appropriate. Cry more noob.