Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm level 73, confused with skills

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by egervari, Mar 11, 2004.

1. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

I'm level 73, confused with skills

Hi, I'm a level 73 mace barb and I've been using IK right now (although I have a set of gear ready for when I get a botd thunder maul). Anyway, I've maxed mace mastery, whirlwind, battle orders and I've put a few points natural resists and 1 in nature speed. I have 5 points unspent and will undoubtedly have more. even if I choose to get to level 85, that leaves me 17 extra points. Where would you put them? I thought that I would sink them all in shout.

Also, how much dex should an maul barb have? I have 160 or 170 with items, but I decided to stop there.

2. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

you should really be trying to get away with as little dex as possible, id advise having as low dex as your really happy with, you have a maxed mastery + ww s our ar shouldnt reaally be so much of a problem, especially if you plan on using ik boots and a raven, that would leave you with a lot of life, which youll need without a shield, since you havent got a shield or weapon which requires dex im wondering why its so high???

3. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

Attack rating mainly. My other barb has like 200 dex with a shield and tons of +attack rating items and he still cannot hit the baal minions over 90%. Actually, it's still a lot less than 90.

4. PumpShot

PumpShot IncGamers Member

There are much better ways to get your ar pumped rather than putting points into dex. You could use the angelic ring/ammy combo for one. If you're on ladder, you could use a metalgrid and two ravens for the added ar. Or, you could stock up on some ar charms. Anything but putting points in dex. You really need to save those stat points for vitality.

As far as the other skills go. With my IK barb, after I finished maxing bo, ww, and mace mastery, I concentrated on shout and then iron skin. A higher defense is never a bad thing.....unless you're a zerker and then defense doesn't matter.

5. Strutch

Strutch IncGamers Member

I would put them into Shout.

As far as dex I would stop at this point. Get you couple of Angelic rings and ammy that will take care of your AR problem.

-Strutch

6. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

You really shouldn't need any points into dex. My 82 IK barb has base dex and 1 ravenfrost with no other items/charms that give AR and he doesn't have that big a problem hitting hell mobs. IIRC, his chance to hit is around 85% with ww.

7. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

90% chance to hit is close to the practical ceiling on what you can accomplish. You can add a ton more AR and still be only 1 or maybe 2% higher at the level you are already at. Try hitting a combat shrine and looking at how little it changes your to hit sometimes. Besides, if you are hitting things 9 times out of 10.....

I have a barb whose AR can be as low as 4500 or as high as 17000 simply by changing weapons. my AR changes from maybe 91% to 81%. When I first did it I thought, "dang, now I'm going to be doing a lot of flailing around and hitting nothing", - that's not how it turned out. 8 out of 10 is not much different from 9 out of 10.

Have you considered a Beast thunder maul instead of a BotD one?