Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm i am looking for gull and chancies: would norm meph be good to run?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Rpgdragon, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Rpgdragon

Rpgdragon IncGamers Member

I'm i am looking for gull and chancies: would norm meph be good to run?

Statistically speaking, if i am looking for gull and chancies would norm, nm, or hell meph be best to run.

I was thinking norm just because he has a low lvl but high enought to drop both gull and chancies.

Whats your thoughts.

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

You are correct in your thoughts. Typically you want to run the easiest monster that can still drop an item. Normal Mephisto is an excelelnt source for Chance Guards.

Gull is a bit different though. Daggers are TC3 items, the very lowest, and the drop mechanism behaves differently down there. It is actually very uncommon for monsters outside of Act 1 normal to drop TC3s. I'd consider running normal Andariel for one of those, or even some of the more popular Act 1 normal superuniques, like Bone Ash or Blood Raven.

In fact, the best place to get TC3s is the normal Cow King, but he is a more complex run.

3. kryo

kryo IncGamers Member

I was running nm Andy for the little chance at an soj the other day in a set of public games such that the noobs who followed boosted the drop rate (then I gave them whatever dropped that I didn't want).

Besides the many low sets and uniques, I got three chancies and a gull (now my sorc's switch weapon for the final blow on hell meph) among other notable low goodies (and some really nice things too, like a 299 ED eth Ribcracker ^ ^). She may not be the best for a gull, but nm andy can drop it.

4. daskidude

daskidude Banned

i got my gull from someone in tristram getting the leg for cowz

5. moi

moi IncGamers Member

Every monster in NM and Hell can drop a gull, but you're gonna be waiting a looong time if you're running one of them specifically to get it...

6. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

According to the ATMA dropcalc, the best chance is: Coldcrow (The Cave level 2) for Gull, and Mephisto for the Chance Guards. Both in Normal, of course.

7. fireballx3

fireballx3 IncGamers Member

from what i thought i read before, i thought killing rakanishu(stony fields portal) had best chance of dropping a gull dagger.

8. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Nope. Coldcrow drops from the "Act 1 Super A" TC, which has no weapons other than weap3 (which daggers are in), whilst Rakanishu drops from "Act 1 Super B", which has weap3 and weap6, with weap6 much more likely - 70% of weapons he drops will be from weap6, only 30% from weap3.

Bishibosh and Bonebreaker also drop from "Act 1 Super A", but are too low level (both are level 5) to drop a Gull (which is level 6).