I'm having some trouble patching the game...

TheGreatNate

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm having some trouble patching the game...

I'm not sure if this should be in the patch forum, if this is the wrong place, I apologize, feel free to move it.

Anyway, on to the problem. I'm having trouble patching the game. The game installs but when I try to get onto battle.net to patch it (as well as manually patching it), I recieve an error stating that "File does not match checksum." I called Blizzard tech support and they suggested I exit all other programs and reinstall, but no luck there. I've reinstalled several times with no luck there either. If anyone else has successfully fixed this issue your input would be greatly appreciated.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Make sure you have completely uninstalled any mods, or at least install to a fresh directory (by this, I mean backup your characters, and then manually delete the Diablo 2 folder).

I remember this error happening for the 1.09d (or 1.09b) patch, but I can't remember how it was fixed. I think it had something to do with doing a virus check. The CIH virus (and it's variants) have been known to cause this....

Also, you should probably always get the patch manually, instead of through bnet. Personally, I don't have much faith in bnet's patch system :rolleyes: