Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm having problems with my Fishymancer...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Warlock099, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Warlock099

Warlock099 IncGamers Member

I'm having problems with my Fishymancer...

I just finished Nightmare with him, being clvl 66 now. But I'm curious if i did anything wrong since i've read that he's one of the safest builds out there...
    mainly because it took me like 10 tries to beat the NM ancients. I have no great items or anything like that.. but as far as i know that should be too much of an issue...

My gear looks like this:

3 socket helm (PTopaz)
    4 socket armor (PTopaz)
    Wand with +3 Raise Skeleton :rant:
    Rare demonhide gloves
    rare light belt :rant:
    Vidalas fetlock
    ammy with +life and resists
    rare rings with resists

+lots of life/mana charms

Skills are:

Curse:

Amp Damage 3
    Dim Vision 1
    Confuse 1
    Attract 1
    Weaken 1
    Terror 1
    Decrepify 1

Summoning:

Skeleton Mastery 20
    Raise Skeleton 23
    Revive 6
    Summon resist 2
    Prereqs 1 each

Poison & Bone:

Teeth 1
    Corpse Explosion 10

Any suggestions? Like should I stay in NM to level up more before going on?

Thx in advance :drink:

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

well, the only thing i can think of is you need decrep, but keeping 3 of them under it will be very difficult.
    make sure your not in p8 as it doesnt effect the exp bonus and they dont have any drops.
    from my experience i just had them amped i thinkand seperated 1 of them using a lvl 1 bone wall. the skelies slwoly killed him, and once you havethe first one, the other 2 become much easier. and try to stay te other side of them with your miniosn in between, as they only attack the thing thats closest.

3. Warlock099

Thx but the problem i had was with that stupid whirlwinding one (name?)
    he kept damaging me HARD without even being close to hitting me with his whirl... does he have a super extra long invisible weapon? :rant:

Anyway went fine... oh, just ran NM baal again and found a wizardspike from one of the council member minions :lol: should I change it with my current wand?

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

There is nothing wrong with your build imo. But as you don't have much +skills gear, it would help to put some more points to most important curses but it is not necessary. When facing tough bosses use decrepify, it helps a lot. Only thing I would really suggest you to do is some MFing for +skills gear

After all it is just using right curses in right situations

PS. How about your merc? Is he nm act2 offensive merc (might)? How about his gear?

edit: One more answer...I usually stay on nm until I reach lvl 75, sometimes even longer

5. Warlock099

Yeah, my merc is a NM act 2 might.. using a magic lance, toothrow armor and helm with lots of +life

6. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

If you need any free gear just lemme know. I can do some Charity MF Runs for ya'.

The Ancients can be tricky sometimes. What I do is hit the altar then run straight back through the little arch. It leaves my minions there for a second. I run forward and decrep them all and the rest is pretty smooth sailing from there.

7. Araknis

Araknis IncGamers Member

I use Wiz spike on my boney and find it quite useful. It should work well for a Fishy too with the faster cast for CE, +75 resists is really handy in hell, and of course the mana and regen are just gravy. If the only benefit you get from your wand is the +3 RS then I'd swap if I were you.

BTW you'd be better off staying in NM until at least low 70's clvl.

8. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

I use that one aswell it's a perfect weapon. I play with base energy but I'm over 500 in mana. Lots of points over for vit. The resist is nice as well since I'm playing HC you must have full res IMO

DX

9. Warlock099

Thx for the offer but I'm the kind of guy who likes to find my own gear, makes it more interesting :)

Anyway, I guess ill be switching weapons then, ill let ya all know how it goes, gonna do some baal runs and hope for better items and higher levels :)

EDIT: Just one more question? Should I go and max out CE, or is 10 enough, maybe I should go with summon resists?

10. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Max it, it's really worth it you will have spare points anyway when you are finished

DX

11. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

:lady: IMO your gear seems to be your main problem. I ran Hell Ancients yesterday with Aggony, my Fishymancer with no problem. I've been doing Hell Meph runs for gear and it really pays off although my lower lvl Pally is getting better items than Aggony for some reason. He's only in Act 1..go figure...got a pair of Waterwalk boots yesterday in Blood Moor which also yeilded Griswold's Heart. Some really nice items have dropped there for me.

Um had to edit..I'm not awake good yet..that'll teach me to post before I've had my 2nd cup of coffee.

12. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

I'd max CE and leave summon resist below 10. My fishymancer has no problems in any area ecept WSK gloams. For Ancients you really need one point in Decrep. My skills are as follows:
    1 point in every curse-Attract is a fun crowd pleaser.
    18 in CE
    4 in bone armor- didn't know bone prison actually gave more points toward bone armor than bone armor itself.
    13 in clay golem.
    8 summon resist
    1 in revive
    20 summon mastery
    20 raise skeleton
    2 golemn mastery
    2 raise skele mage
    1 iron golem/blood golem

My Skeletons last hell baal at any player settings but Diablo wipes them out quick. My answer to that is don't run Diablo.

13. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

If you get a full compliment of skelies and revives, try urdars from river of flame WP or those big hairy things from Canyon of magi WP, you should kill NM Ancients on /players 1 in under 30 seconds. Udars seem to spawn about 1/3 of the time just back from the RoF wp in act IV. Udars are the ultimate revives.

14. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

I don't agree, I prefer Dark Archers as revives.. Those creatures really shoot a ton of damage, and are quick as a bonus!

:wave: