Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Im getting fed up with this game, i just got ****ing scammed again.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lazer LXXVII, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Lazer LXXVII

Lazer LXXVII IncGamers Member

Im getting fed up with this game, i just got ****ing scammed again.

I have been playing since the late 1.08 days and through all of 1.09. I quit once 1.10 came out because i hated the updates, came back during 1.11 this past summer, and i had a hardcore character, of course some asshole pks me and i lose a level 67. I quit after that.

So i came back almost 2 months ago, and i have been scammed for hell hellforges and nightmare hellforges on almost every single character that i have made. Now today i just got scammed out of a sorc torch, which i traded for just today and it would have helped me a LOT. But no, some ****ing prepubescent 11 year old accuses me of planning to scam him, so i try to prove to him that im not, and eventually he scams me for a sorc torch, a barb torch, and some decent mid-runes. Im fed up with the ****ing crowd on this game these days, bunch of prepubescent idiots or a bunch of people who act as if they just discovered the keyboard "b/C dey typ lyke dis LOLLZ!"

I think im ready to quit again, and this time until Diablo 3 comes out. Not because i lost everything, just because its bound to happen again and i get really irritated playing with some of these idiots. Still debating.

This thread doesnt serve much of a purpose really, just a rant.

2. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

How did you get scammed? People will try to scam you in every game that you can trade, it won't be any different.

3. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

i feel for anyone that gets scammed.. but .. i have to know - how in the world does someone scam you out of *2* torches and runes?! you cant keep more than one torch at a time with one char?

4. igbt

igbt IncGamers Member

Well, there's a saying that goes "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice ....."
    Sorry to hear about your loses but it's not like this is anything new. I guess I just don't get it. I've no torches, godly items or characters that could get one and when I hear about someone getting scammed out of one I just have to scratch my head! You're trading or obtaining these items yet you get scammed? I must be missing something here.

5. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

I try to restrict my trading to the people on this forum. Regular BNetters are 9 times out of 10 out to scam you.

6. Lazer LXXVII

So i heard this forum is really reliable, and i think i will remember that from now on.

But i had a really low barb torch and he had a pretty good sorc torch, so i obviously had to throw a bit more in. So the deal was a few puls, a ko, a sol, and a hel rune in addition to the torch trade. So after the initial crap of us setting up the deal, i was going to give him half of the runes first, then we'd do the torch trade, and then i come back with the rest of the runes. He keeps insinuating im going to scam him and run off with the torches. He kept going on and on about how im going to scam him, and then i knew that you cant hold more than one torch so i dropped mine and told him to pick it up to prove that you cant hold more than one. Apparently when i was in my stash or something he ran to another waypoint and hid his (i saw it prior to visiting my stash, then after i was done i noticed him running back from the wp), and he grabbed mine. He went on and on for a little while, told me that if i give him the remainder of the runes he'll give me my torch back. I didnt haggle with that, his friend came in and i guess picked up the other torch from the waypoint. Both of them left, so i lost a few mid runes and a barb torch.

Its not like i lost my account or lost all of my gear, but its just knowing that there are little kids online like this makes me want to quit. Its been less than 2 months, and i have been scammed over 5 times, and im not joking. Every other one was a hellforge, but this just topped it off. **** like this pisses me off.

Also, if anyone is up to talking **** to this little punk or at least taking some low blows at his conscience (that doesnt exist). Its on USEast, his account is Kh_1, so its /w *kh_1.

7. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Do you play ladder? If you do, gimme a call.

*Nyax
    *Nyax-Buff

I feel your pain. Before I started trading here I was kinda broke, and I remember that I got scammed out of an Ist and a Mal...it hurt kinda bad.

8. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

You really shoudln't ever drop anything in a public game. It's like putting your wallet on the ground, it's partly your fault for being so trusting.

9. k/t

k/t Banned

It's entirely his fault.

Also, read the rules.

10. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

I don't want to push too hard but if you have been scammed in the first time, won't you ever learn from that scam?
    If not, I hope you have learned this time.

11. Lazer LXXVII

This is the first time this exact one has happened to me, and i will learn now. I will learn to pretty much not trust anyone in trades like that except my personal friends that i know in real life.

Dont worry, i know, its ENTIRELY my fault. But i didnt think people would be like this, face it, the 1.09 crowd was much less "immature" and they didnt scam people nearly as much like this.

12. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Ugh, sorry I missed you. I'll PM you when I can find what I was supposed to have...

13. papajustify

papajustify IncGamers Member

Just take some solice in the fact that
    1. Everyone has been or will be scammed at some point, (still sucks i know).
    2. Karma is one unforgiving lady. She dont forget. They'll get theirs at some point.

But stop trusting people so much, scammed out of one thing or another 5 times in 2 months, you gotta rethink your strategy.
    And i agree the maturity level of alot of players/cheaters/scammers is just maddening (is that even a word).
    Take a break, you'll be back....dont take a break, you'll find more stuff. It all takes time, Good luck.

14. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

I know being scammed hurts sometimes because you know some moron is off having a good laugh about tricking you. But if you stop for that reason, you're weak.

Next time, don't trust anyone to do out of the ordinary trades, and always double check you're getting what you want in a trade window.

And then have some pride in the fact that your life doesn't revolve around scamming others in a video game. At least, I hope it doesn't.

In the end, thats just one of the many puls and many torches that guy is gonna scam off of other people. You're just another victim. Move on, already.

15. Lazer LXXVII

Nah im sticking around with the game for a bit more, but its just that i've been playing this game for years. I've been scammed numerous times, but back then it may have been a major chunk out of my values, but i had the income to earn items back. Now i dont have a single mf character, i do countess runs with my amazon and it takes about 5-10 minutes for each one, she has ~25 mf mind you.

But i just started again less than two months ago and i've been screwed for numerous forges and now a torch. Its not like i can go off and find others, i have 3 pretty decent characters, but no source of income. Thats why this pisses me off.

And yes you dont have to say it, i know, its my fault, im not blaming anyone i was an idiot and too trustworthy of this really shifty kid. I got what was coming, but its hard to just throw myself to my feet like that.

16. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Never ever drop in a public game.

17. Boreal21

Boreal21 IncGamers Member

How do you get scammed out of forges on your own characters? I've browsed the scam stickies and have never seen anything like that.

18. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Most likely a Forge for rush scam.

19. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Never give a forge for a rush... There are some nice people out there that will rush for free... Like myself... Also, never drop anything on the ground unless you are prepared to loose it...

*Requiem_Death

20. k/t

k/t Banned

That's for sure. In 90 years those bastards will be dead.