Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm getting an Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LonghornRob, Nov 10, 2006.

1. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

I'm getting an Xbox 360

My roommate and I have been talking about with nexgen system we wanted to get. We dismissed the PS3 early on b/c it doesn't look that impressive and b/c its bluray, and we were having a debate between the superior performance of the 360 vs. the Wii's price and amazing controller. But, Kevin just called me and told me he can get a used and refurbished Xbox 360 for about 220 dollars, and a used harddrive for cheap also. I agreed he should buy it, and we'll be picking it up tomorrow morning.

The reason for this sudden decision? Gears of War of course! Dead Rising looks fun, too, but come on. Gears of War looks nothing short of amazing in every way imaginable.

2. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

And I hear Guitar Hero 2 is comin to 360... Not sure how accurate that is though.

In related news, I'm looking for a used ps2 just for Guitar Hero.

3. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

XBox Live Arcade is amazing to mess around with. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend picking up Geometry Wars 2 immediately. Very addictive and challenging.

4. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

What was the prequel to Gears of War called? Gah, it's been bugging me for a while. I just can't remember the name...

:smug:

5. rare

rare IncGamers Member

hey if its used and cheap, why not

6. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Gears of War has no prequel as far as I know. It is made by the folks who made Unreal Tournament though.

7. LonghornRob

Unfortunately I'm not so sure about keeping Xbox Live around. It's way too expensive for my tastes.

AANNDD whenever Fable 2 comes out, my life's path will come to a sudden halt. You have no idea how much I want to play this game. Here's a hint; more than a lot.

8. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Xbox Live Arcade is available to Silver Accounts, which are free. All downloadable content is available to Silver members. Gold just allows you to play against others.

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Hrm...I swear there's some game that (is coming out/came out) that (is/was) a sequel to a previous game. It had a name sort of like Gears of War...whatever. I just read a bit about it. It looks pretty amazing.

Strange though. It's been a long time since I played a third-person shooter.

10. Lazer LXXVII

Lazer LXXVII IncGamers Member

Xbox 360 is great, but dont get a system just for one game.

I have a 360, just three games. Oblivion, Madden 2007, and now Call of Duty 3. I wanted to buy Dead Rising, it looked like great fun, everyone was making it out to be so awesome. Then one day i was at the store, i almost bought it but decided ill hold off, i went to Blockbuster and rented it. It was fun for like 2 days, and then its just insanely boring and you have no interest in playing it again. Thats the last time im letting hype get to me.

Gears of War, looks ****ing amazing, i wanted to buy it today (Target had both Call of Duty 3 and GOW), but i remembered what happened to Dead Rising. I will try it out first. I came home, checked videogame forums, and supposedly its an average game with amazing graphics, not that its bad, but it was more overhyped than Dead Rising. About 3 out of every 5 people say this on there, so im glad i bought COD3 instead, since i know what to expect.

Just be careful, hype doesnt neccessarily make a game good.

11. LonghornRob

Well I'm sure I can enjoy Madden '07 and Call of Duty 3 also. And I'll probably like Dead Rising too, I'm a big fan of senseless violence.

EDIT: oh yeah, and Fable 2!

12. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Geometry Wars 2 Dammit!

13. Lazer LXXVII

Lazer LXXVII IncGamers Member

Yeah but senseless violence that gets really reptative after 2 hours of gameplay. Dont let the previews fool you either, there arent as many weapons as there looks to be.

Oblivion was the only game so far that i feel was the best purchase i have made for awhile.

Condemned was awesome, and its like ~$20 now. Madden 2007 is awesome to me, but people complain over the smallest things so lots of people dont like it, just some minor slowdown at times. Saints Row is one hell of a GTA clone, worth buying if you can find it for cheap, its amazing, otherwise wait for GTA4. Call of Duty 3 is alot like Call of Duty 2, which i never bought, so COD3 was a great purchase to me. Dead Rising is fun but ridiculously repetative.

I can go on lol.

14. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Hell, I got tired of Dead Rising from just the demo. Something about killing 100 zombies in the first 15 minutes just makes it get old quick somehow.

15. rare

rare IncGamers Member

There's God Of War, but thats only for PS2. God of War 2 is coming out for the PS2 as well. I dont know if thats the one you meant; kind of sounds like Gears of War.

16. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

god of war for the ps2 is more of a 3rd person hack/slash

id avoid getting an xbox360 due to the overheating problems using high def monitors, and microsoft not making it backwards compatible with most xbox games

Dead Rising would show off some of its abilities but probably would get boring killing clones over and over

17. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

God of War! Argh...well, that's what I was thinking of. I know that game got freakishly large amounts of praise for being a lot of play value for the price...oh well, thanks rare.

18. LonghornRob

I don't have a high def monitor and probably won't spend the money it takes to get one for a great deal of time, so that won't be a huge issue.

I'm not an Elder Scrolls fan. It's just too slow for me to enjoy.

I hear Bioshock is pretty impressive. Anyone played that? I'm also looking forward to playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance, FEAR and Chromehounds.

19. rare

rare IncGamers Member

Hah, no problem.

Yeah it is an amazing game. There are pretty interesting puzzles, the environment ties in very well to the story, and of course the freakishly awesome moves you have at your disposal are nothing short of excellent.

But, back to the xbox2 now. :sad2:

20. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

NBA 2K7 is a blast as well. Gears Of War won't be out until next week in Europe, but I'm defenitely going to pick it up ASAP. CoD 3 also looks like a must-have, but I might wait until it becomes a bit cheaper. Oblivion is great fun, and I personally love Dead Rising too.

Next year Assassin's Creed will be out, and it looks like it's going to be awesome to, and I read a very positive preview of a game called 'The Drakness' yesterday. Good times! ^^