Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm curious - your experiences with rolling Baal GCs? ifra

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Tkennan, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Tkennan

Tkennan IncGamers Member

I'm curious - your experiences with rolling Baal GCs?

I've never rerolled anything personally, but I'd like to start. So, what are your experiences with rerolling GCs that dropped off Hell Baal? How many rerolls until you get a skiller? When you do get a skiller, how often does it have a useful second mod?

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I know that I traded Deetox a Baal GC, and after 2 rolls he got a 130 ar - 35 lifer (or something like that...). Stupid Deetox...

3. AlmostInfinity

AlmostInfinity IncGamers Member

Skiller rolls for me haven't been too sucessful. It's all chance, you can go 3 pgems or 60 before hitting a skiller. People usually reroll baal gc's for the big money skillers (skillers with 40+ life). Useful mods for skillers are life, str, dex, frw, fhr, and sometimes gold find but secondary mods are pretty rare (hence why people pay more for them).

4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

When I roll a Baal GC, I stop rolling when I get any skiller, since I always have more Baal GCs than I actually need. Some of my better rolls:
    Mastery 41 life
    Mastery 40 life
    Pal Combat 30 life
    Elemental 12 FHR
    Fire 25 life
    Bow 29 life
    8 max/90AR/45 life <---AR might be off...going off memory here
    9max/85AR/41 life <---see above
    plus a bunch of various plain skillers

5. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

/signed

Ever since I started keyrunning, I've had more GC's drop than I can keep up with.

6. Deetox

Deetox IncGamers Member

No I Charsi'd your GC. The one I rolled was a self-found and it turned out to be a 10 MAX/78 AR/33 LIFE which was later sold to Azn. :laugh:

7. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Sure ya did...sure...
    :point:

8. gorf

gorf IncGamers Member

There exists (or existed) a really nice site that I found while looking for %chance for certain jewels to drop. I believe I found it in the forums, but it was a while ago. It also had stats for charms. Basically it had all the mods, and the %chance of each, so I added up the chance for all skillers, and got 1:20. Now don't get me wrong, I play in hell all the time (where every GC could be a skiller), but I find I get a skiller at a rate closer to 1:40.

The one time I did reroll for myself, I did 3 GCs and I believe it took almost exactly 60 rolls to get 3 skillers. Problem was, they were all low-demand skillers, so I was pretty disappointed.

It's one of those things with D2 that changes as you play. When you're poorer (my current lot), I think you're better served in selling the gems to those who are rich enough to take the risk. And once you are risk, you can afford to go after the small chance of the big pay-off skillers.

It might actually be worth while to look at the price of 60 PGems (lets just say HR for convienience), against the number of skillers that are actually worth the investment. Could be interesting...

Gorf

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

My experience: Mostly crap. My results were worth far less than the gems I used up. On the other hand, I recently rolled up a PB/6 str skiller.

I'm visiting Diablo, Nihlathak and Baal regularly, so I find more Baal GCs than I can turn into GCs worth keeping. I decided to sell excess ones at the time they turn into certified Baal GCs, i.e. when they got the 41+ life affix.

10. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

My best one would probably be 1+light skills 12 fhr skiller some months ago. On the other hand, I was so frustrated with one of the gcs that I gave it to a friend and he rolled a 40 life pb skiller out of it - all he needed were 9 or 12 pgems :shocked:

Mike

11. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

So far I've rolled:
    Summon necro/41 life
    Poison and bone/34 life
    Offensive auras/31 life
    and a couple of plain paladin combats and since these are pretty good to trade with I keep these, othervise i reroll any skiller without a good second mod.

- D.J.

Edit: Come to think about it the summon necro/41 was a 1.09 pindle GC.

12. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Yeah, a little off. Arreat Summit says that the highest Max/AR on a GC is 10max/76AR. Pretty sure AS is correct...

13. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

GCs can have up to +14 maxdmg. +10 from the "sharp" prefix for GCs, together with ar, and +4 from the "maiming" suffix. They won't have +life then, of course.

I always thought the maiming suffix is +3, but d2data says it can have up to +4 *shrugs * ...

You don't need a Baal GC for that BTW, the sharp prefix needs ilvl 29 GCs (late normal mode !!) and maiming needs ilvl 71 ones (half of act 1 hell). That means you are better off with finding them among monster drops instead of rerolling them from Baal GCs. Of course, if you roll up one from a Baal GC anyway, you will keep it !

14. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

My experience :

crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, decent skiller but not godly (* decides to reroll it, hoping for a true godly one *), crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, crap, more crap, some more crap, (* runs out of PGems *)...

I think it pretty much sums up the situation :hanky:...

15. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

My best, after ~100+ pgems: 1 to Traps/33 to life.

16. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I only started recently and after about 100 pgems:

Grand Charms: 20 or so pgems rolled, Bow skiller and some other mid skiller, one of them has 26% gold find.

Small Charms: 80 or so pgems rolled, all crap.

17. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Yeh, the AR is a little off, since I was going from memory. :badteeth: