Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm curious and new so i apologize in advance

Discussion in 'Druid' started by kohlman, Aug 28, 2006.

1. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

I'm curious and new so i apologize in advance

I am rather new to the forums as you can tell from my post rating. But at the same time i can tell that the druid post is the friendliest forum out there.
    The paladin forum is all business.
    The assasin forum also feels like all business.
    The sorc forum feels lacking in any particular category.
    But the druid forum is a group of people with a common interest having fun.
    With all this said, i have been suprised to see so much hatred towards paladins. I have been a paladin player since i first picked up D2 the month it came out. Then always had a druid as secondary character since expansion came out. But it seems that the druids really hate the paladins, smiters in particular. Are smiters the bane of Fury Druids? Is there some extreme rivalry between the groups that i have missed since i am rather new to the forums?

In no way am I trying to start anything but I would like to know why this is.

I still think that the druid forum is the besto ne around btw :thumbsup:

2. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Paladin's are cookie cutter's , and there is a sort of rivalary between paladin and druid forum imo . But usaully the comment's dont go too far in the flaming nature way of saying thing's. Usaully comment's are just about sticking up for the char class you like too play and braggine etc.

*ps Growlzzzzz..... Paladin's taste best with mustard Awooo!!!!

3. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

Well, before the advent of torch and grief, fury WAS better than smite - and none of the old time "godly" v/t, liberator, judicator, whatever paladins could handle the fact that their diverse swiss army knife like paladins could possibly lose consistently to a druid. So there was a huge rivalry bewteen the fury community and the paladin Temple pvp community. On east, I taught them a lesson when I opened up a forum challenge here stating that fury > smite - and it eventually turned into fury > v/t. And just to accentuate how lazy the top v/t on USEast thought he could be vs a druid, the first matchup I had vs Pravda/Fusa I knocked his teeth out by winning 40 or so duels to his 1. And I used to be in temple giving them hell all the time anyways. And in 09 it was me, paul aka apoq and john aka zephyrofages that were holding down the temple.

it's an old rivalry because druids are seen as an almost useless underclass by many, and yet we have proven that we can take on the top and win.

4. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Welcome and thank you Kohlman. I used to be a huge Barb and Necro player pre 1.10 and while I still respect the builds, no build or forum has treated me better then Druids since 1.10. I honestly cannot go into the Barb or Pally forum anymore because for some reason it just seems... I just got done deleting what I originally posted...

5. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

windy is a druid too...

:shocked:
    *priit2

6. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

:grin: too true
    However, even given that, I still see far more paladins then druids, though tha number seems to be changing. And usually the two pallys I see most often are either "smiters" or hammerdins. Ironic that you only really need 1 pt in smite to effectively use the skill

Too bad too. I used to really enjoy palladins in earlier patches. They always seemed to be a little used class, and my favorite (still is) is the zealot. However, with the emergence of the new runewords and the changes in 1.10 (can u say hammer time?) the pally has been acepted by the populace in general, which is to say the cookie cutter/i want uber charectar/ignorant types . nothing against hammerdins or smiters...both very effective builds, but only because of the recent changes in the patch, not because they are played well by those who play them.

again, a generalization. I'm sure there are some players out there with a great deal of skill who like to play hammerdins. It's just an interesting fact that most bots (i.e. no brain robots) use hammerdins. Not fury wolfies or bears or M.A assassins (or many others). Not trying to slam palladins as a class, just those types mentioned above who i feel have ruined a great class.

For all those who like to lord their pally (hammer) builds aroudn I would challenge them to try a less used build of palladin that actually is a challenge to play. such as zealot, cleric, avenger, etc. then they might be able to justify that chip on their shoulder (not):badteeth:

wuf
    Malachi

7. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Yeah that's some crazy stuff. Actually on West I had a friend named Rob, account was youngblood01, who was Paladin crazy. He had every build possible in .09 but he had Zealots that could destroy any barb or other pally. One day we figured we would make Fury druids and I don't know how but he discovered a 5 shael'ed and eth runed phase blade with of coarse loads of outside deadly strike/crushing blow was enough to kill all but the very very very top godliest WW barbs... I'll never forget it. Oh yeah and for the two handed switch... Fury Thresher... Talk about ownage! Everything was so narrow minded in 1.09 though that no one was ready for that and all claimed hacks involved.

8. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Ya I got into werewolves in 1.09. I had a lvl 99 zealot back then. He could beat all most any build. Then I meet this really good werewolf. I lost 5 out of 5 duels. Was ticked off. So of course I made one. Did alot of player vs monster all cows basicly. Had fun with my werewolf back in 1.09. After 1.10 hit I had alot of trouble getting all the good items. But I stuck to my werewolf ideals and here I am. I did a barb for a wile. You can see my table of wirlwind speeds there. Of course simpler people still ask about wirlwind speeds. I just got feed up with that room. Well everyone but the mod there. Hal is a cool guy. Here everyone is all laid back like so its easy to hang out at.

All I ask tho is to read up and learn from us before you start writing guides. Other then that warm welcome!

9. HorseGuts

HorseGuts IncGamers Member

I'm also fairly new here...well i started an account and didn't come back till now :)

And I too have also noticed that the druid forum feels like a warm comfy grassland to just chat and eat some grub! (the straggling paladins..hehe)

I too am sick of the smiters and hammerdins...my interests have again come back to the druid! Fire claws bear was probably my first...

Anyways, Hi to the new guy, and Hello to everyone else here, i'm new too ;P

10. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

hey and welcome, i see you are playing on us west

we have a great community over there, i suggest you contact elohimwolf or xpumafangx about that, it's a great placce to hang out together with the other shapers :grin:

11. HorseGuts

HorseGuts IncGamers Member

Indeed I am on US West :)

Maybe that would be a good idea lol, i'm always looking for new people to play this game with.

I just need to figure out how to build my fury druid.....

grrrrr (my druid growling as he's changing to something...something more horrifying...)

;)

12. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Ahh everyone beat me to the long, sentimental posts, but I'll give it a go! Druid forum, for starters is more fun! You are right. I was off D2 for a bout a year before the start of this summer, or well the start of august actually. I was lookin for a fun PvP build, and I had played sorcs before, but with sorb it now sucked! I had like some of the off centred paladin builds, like dragoons. You see the problem with Paladins is the fact that everyone makes the same thing, as you can see all the smiter threads. Its a hammerdin or a smiter and theres no real skill involved. I'm not saying no one has skill, im sure there some awesome smiters and hammers who wished they could duel their characters in piece without being ridiculed and copied. Thats where the druid forum comes in. Druids are fun to play, underplayed and ppl have fun on the forum. They take skill to play, and you'll only ever join a game of all druids once ur in a druid community like the wolfpack on west. They are very friendly, they invited me to join and helped me out...which is what the main difference between us and the pally forum is. Dont get me wrong, I like pallys, and there are many many varities of builds if u look at the guide section, I just think the ppl from the paladin forum need to look there instead of posting smiter q's and find another build.

Now you ask about the rivalry. IMO this comes from the fact that the fun loving druid players are trying to build up the class, and the mass about of Noobish paladin copiers are getting angry when they build their "1337" kill-all-the-other-classes-with-ease smiterz and they get pwnd by a stupid, little, crappy, underrated, horrible class like a druid. The problem is not with the veterin paladins or even with paladins at all, the problem is with newbs who are lookin for a quick fix and an easy time at the game, who dont want to put the thought into their build and who sees the awesome smiterz (who are at an advantage to begin with), and decide they are going to make one to pwn all other classes. They then get mad when this doesnt work. This is in pubbies and on forums. Now the vets get into, saying theirs is better and theirs is better, but you see this with any played melee class in melee duels, it's just that paladins are a very played melee class. But mostly the rivalry comes from the sheer fact that an underdog is trying to take out the mega class...and isnt that the way it always is? Disney shuld copywrite this eh?