Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm confusted about new Rune Words

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Rianna, May 16, 2005.

1. Rianna

Rianna IncGamers Member

I'm confusted about new Rune Words

Hi

I read the list of new rune words at the A-Summit and am a bit confused.

The rune word Fortitude for armour. Does the armour get +340 - 400 damage? Is the damaged added to the base weapon?

Does anyone know the right stats for the armour?

The rune word Phoenix. Does a sheild get 350-400% enhanced damage as stated at the A-Summit? Does anyone know the correct stats for a sheild?

How affecective is the rune word Infinity in Hell? Is it worth making. Does it remove immunities from most of the monsters in Hell or just a low percentage.

Any replys would be most appreciated.

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Conviction (and Lower Resist), the only ways of breaking elemental immunities work the same way. For resistances -100%to +99% it reduces enemy resistance the stated number, However... for resistance of 100%+ it reduces resistance by 1/5 of its stated number. This means 150% conviction will break 129% fire/cold/lightning resistance, but not 130.

3. Rianna

Rianna IncGamers Member

Yes but is it worth the high runes?

Is it worth the high runes?

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Obviously, you'd want an eth polearm on a merc.

Depends... to a cold sorc (who has cold mastery) it is (in my opinion) not worth it, as most cold immune monsters have very high resistances (that is >>100%). You'd save a lot of points in cold mastery, though.

To a fire sorc or any fire character, it would be wonderful - fire mastery enhances damage, and thus, lowering enemy resistance is more effective. In addition, monsters with fire immunity tend to have breakable immunities, so your fire facets will really count (-%enemy resist from items and cold mastery start working when monster immunities are broken).

To a lightning sorc (or any lightning based character such as javazon), this weapon really shines. Many (most) lightning immunities are breakable with infinity, and a lot of items provide -%enemy lightning resist, which will then start counting. No prob stacking up 30% to 55% of that (4facet shield (most optional..), facet griffon, facet ormus, facet weapon) and rule the world.

Imagine LF zon with perfect griffon (facet), perfect ormus (facet), Thunderstroke and 4facet monarch.... and ~90-100% pierce!!
    Or a trapsin with much the same gear... (heard that the LCS is misleading when it comes to facets and traps, tho... could be a serious problem) ... the aura WILL help, tho! But zons may have a great advantage here.

The Conviction aura does not lower poison, physical or magical resistance, so it is sort of a waste for such based characters.... BUT it does lower enemy defense a lot, so might be worth it to characters with low AR.

2 Ber runes... well, I have seen people putting 2x Ber in a Hone Sundan for their merc, so based on that I'd say it's worth it! Not that I have ever found a rune past Vex anyway...

5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

That's Grief for weapons. The dmg mod used is a bit quirky and doesn't add to the elemental dmg of Vengeance for example. It is added to shield dmg. The LCS shows it as adding to the final dmg, while for most attacks it's the same as +min/max together.

Facets don't work with traps at all, but the LCS shows a dmg increase.

6. Rianna

Rianna IncGamers Member

thx for the info

Does anyone know if the stats for the other rune words for armours is correct?

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Other than Fortitude they only have a couple of stats wrong, ie. showing a fixed value when it really is a range.

8. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

They do afaik. They just don't lower the enemy's resistance since the traps are minions.

Edit: Lol my bad. They don't work with traps.

9. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Traps are indeed minions and therefore don't benefit from either +% lightning dmg or -% lightning resistance. Shock Web and Fire Blast are just missiles and get boosted by their appropiate +% dmg and -% resist. Don't believe what the LCS is claiming.

10. Rianna

Rianna IncGamers Member

Can anyone list the stats for fortitude Armour? Please.

11. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

12. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Hmm... Now I'm thinking of making a zeal/hammer hybridin. Has that been done before? Thinking high crushing blow and still high hammer damage, with that armor it should be possible...