I'm back

Lothric

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm back

Hi gang,

The short version for those who'd like to get back to D2: See the thread title.

The longer version for those who care or have time to waste: Looks like I'm back, at least tentatively.

I'm not sure how many of you still remember me given that it's been around 8 months since my departure but a lot's changed in that time. I've got a new girlfriend who's just moved in with me, my Masters thesis has been submitted (I should have word on that within the next two weeks) and, perhaps most importantly, I've taken the first few tentative steps back into D2X.

Funnily enough, I have my girlfriend to thank for that as she thought that some multiplayer sessions with her brother (who also loves the game) would be the perfect way for us to bond.

I briefly considered dusting off my old chars and doing some MF sessions with them to fill out my items collection again (they're all naked since I donated the lot when I left) but then decided I'd prefer to start over again from scratch. With that in mind, I've started up a new werewolf druid since I never did get a chance to complete the character build the last time around.

Following him I'll be devoting my time to another complete set of Pats/Mats centered around a Norse Gods theme: Odin, Freya, Thor, etc. I'm not sure that some of the characters will be viable all the way through Hell given the restrictions that will be imposed on the thematically, but it should be interesting to try and I think I need something a little more off-beat this time around.

Apart from that, once I've settled in and have gotten a month or two of MF runs under my belt I hope to get the Monday Giveaway going again.

That should cover everything. Glad to be back and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) making a decent contribution around here again.

Lothric

Sorry i dont remember you, but then i dont remember alot of people here.
But glad to see youve found D2 again, hope you have lots of fun and stick around here.
Oh, and what was your thesis about?

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
welcome back lothric. i remember you :D which is quite an achievement as i have a terrible head for names.
have a :drink: on me for returning to 'our' world *creepy laugh*

GG on the gf and the masters thesis.
whats your masters and what was your thesis on?

GL with the results

Lothric

Diabloii.Net Member
corax said:
welcome back lothric. i remember you :D which is quite an achievement as i have a terrible head for names.
have a :drink: on me for returning to 'our' world *creepy laugh*

GG on the gf and the masters thesis.
whats your masters and what was your thesis on?

GL with the results
Glad to be back, Corax, and I remember you too. :D

To answer your question, it was a Master of Commerce degree and the thesis was on non-traditional measures of stock market risk. Terribly dull so that drink will come in handy, thanks. ;)

jgreg7

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back. I'm playing a summoner druid based on your guide, so it's nice to see you active once again. (D2 always sucks a person back...)

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
I do remember you from last year because of your creepy avatar :eek:

Welcome back :thumbsup:

salvo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello i can remember your name, welcome back

For the char build based on Thor i suggest a barb with 2h Maul since Vikings is physically very strong i think this is suitable. For Odin if you want it based from AoM then i suggest Raven Druid. No idea for Freya, maybe a lance ama.

goodluck

Vargas

Diabloii.Net Member
Okaerinasai (welcome back), and good restarting from the scratch (this is somewhat funiest that looks at a first glance, I think ^-^)!

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
:wave: welcome back, I remember you but not sure if you remember me.

anyways welcome back

Snuva

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember the name and the picture, but nothing else. I used to go as Hypno**** before - you might or might not remember me.

Welcome back,

Snuva

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back! I remeber you quite well (although I think that I was nearly non-existant on these forums at that time). Especially your avatar, it's very hard to forget.

Lothric

Diabloii.Net Member
Well don't I feel loved. Thanks for the warm welcome guys, even if most of you remember my avatar more than anything else (not that I blame you). ;)

Thanks for the interest, Salvo. I've currently got 5 of the 7 builds mapped out. I'll post a thread about it when I finally get there so that anyone else interested in a fun challenge can participate as well.

And yes, I remember all of you. :)

P.S. I'm pretty sure it was this size before, Sunbearie, although I could be wrong.

P.P.S Please don't tell me teh uber spammers FF and Milamber have left during my absence.

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
Lothric said:
Well don't I feel loved. Thanks for the warm welcome guys, even if most of you remember my avatar more than anything else (not that I blame you). ;)

Thanks for the interest, Salvo. I've currently got 5 of the 7 builds mapped out. I'll post a thread about it when I finally get there so that anyone else interested in a fun challenge can participate as well.

And yes, I remember all of you. :)

P.S. I'm pretty sure it was this size before, Sunbearie, although I could be wrong.

P.P.S Please don't tell me teh uber spammers FF and Milamber have left during my absence.
*kicks Lothric in teh shins with boots of decreptify*

Hihi.

FrolFreak has vanished. Mil, Solo and Sammeh has been banned.