Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm back to D2 After some years! Advice needed

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by matavarium, Sep 19, 2006.

1. matavarium

matavarium IncGamers Member

I'm back to D2 After some years! Advice needed

Hi,

I just started playing back d2 today, I have not play this game since 1.09 or 1.10, it was the first season ladders. I had some chars lvl 99 in the ladder and had many accounts and selling items on ebay. I have a pretty good background. Now, everything is expired and i got to start at 0. Basically I have a few questions;

1) What is Key Hunting? I hear it everywhere...
    2) With what should I start, Im currently making a Blizz sorc since i remember that it was the best during those old days with pindle bot ;)
    3) Is there still dupe/bugged/ items like back in the days?
    4)Is MF'ing still as before, after 400% MF there is no need?
    5) If anything else is new and important from the last year, like major change could you please tell me?
    6) *bonus* hihi ;) If anyone is kind enough here, a rush would be greatly appreciated or if any of you have some small items that are not worth much and that could really help me to start all over again, could you spare some!:D

thanks!

Hope that the dii.net commmunity is great, my first time here!!

thanks again!

2. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Hi matavarium;

1)Key hunting is just that... Look for the countess to drop The Key of Terror, the Summoner to drop The Key of Hate, and Nhilathik to drop the Key of Distruction. These keys will open portals in act 5 when transmuted in the cube to one 3 uber levels to face the mini uber bosses. Furnus of Pain has Uber Izual, Forgoten Sands has Uber Duriel, and Matron's Den has Lillith (looks like Andariel). They each drop a body part artifact. Horn of Diablo from Lillith, Eye of Baal from Duriel, and Brain of Mephisto from Izual. The parts, when transmuted together in the cube open yet another portal to Tristram... There, you will face uber versions of all three brothers at the same time. When the last one falls, a unique large charm called the Hellfire Torch, and the Standard of Heros drops. Standard of Heros does nothing. Hellfire Torch will have some awesome mods on it, and a plus 3 to a random classes skills...

2)Sorc is always good, but I'd start with a Meteorb... Immunities can be a real pain.

3)Yes, but mostly on non ladder.

4)Around 300% is were the start of dimenishing returns is now.

5)See number one.

6)We need to know what realm you are before a yes or no can be given. Also, use the player match up for said question.

Hope this helps ya!

*Requiem_Death

3. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Bnet economy is detroyed by duplicated items. I don't play and i wait for a reset where i could play for a 3-4 months. Until a strong influence od duped items starts to get on my nervs, then i quit again and ....wait .....

4. matavarium

thanks for the reply!

ah man if there are duped items in ladders taht will really turn me off :( thats basically what made me quit D2.

As for the sorc, i think ill keep going Blizzard. I made her lvl 50 in one day, i still have that "thing" in me that makes me good/ or advance pretty fast in this games, all my friends have never been great in this game and i dont know why, i have always been succesfull in it, anyway ...
    Well 2 of my friends are starting back, ill tell one of them to do a meteorb sorc and my other friend i have no idea ... anyone got some good idea that could be good? ( blizzard + meteorb + what other char ?)

and about that rush/free items thing. I am on US EAST and my account name is MaTaVaRiuM . just like my account on this forum, so some lil cheap free uniques would be really appreciated, just whisper me or respond back on this forum. That would be really nice!

Anyway, thanks all! hope i have a great time playing that game like back in the days.

*anectode* in grade 8 my friend didnt went to school for 2 months to play that game and still got in the 90s, that was funny , i was also not going to school ~2 days a week to play the game and got in the 80s. D2 WAS THE BEST GAME EVER! haha ;)

5. BlueOctoberFan

BlueOctoberFan IncGamers Member

Well, if you decide to make the jump to HC, then I can help. Either in HCL (hard core ladder) or HCCL (hard core classic ladder). I'm better on xpac, but have been enjoying classic much more of late.

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

A fast way to get some wealth is to do the andy glitch... for NM and hell :eek:
    Guranteed rare, unique and set drops 90% of the time.

7. matavarium

what is the Andy glitch, all i remember was the mephisto glitch, where u could meteor/firewall/ others... from far away and he couldnt attack you, never heard of the andy glitch though.

8. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

Hi, welcome back to the d2 world!

Your last friend could make a 1.pt. smiter then u would be ready for Uber-tristram when that day comes. Guide here

@Bladewind could you plz elaborate on this andy glitch, haven't heard about it either...

9. matavarium

bump... :O

10. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

I think it is fixed already.
    Before, when you talk to Warriv in act1, drop of andy will become quest drop, which is better than normal drop ones.
    For those who don't know quest drop: Quest drop will trigger when you kill the boss for the first time. The quality of item (for dropping set/unique) is much better than normal ones.