Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

im back, after too long.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thrawn_II, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Thrawn_II

Thrawn_II IncGamers Member

im back, after too long.

well, i got diablo2 about two weeks ago, after not having it for almost two years. i've played thru the game, beaten all of it w/ a druid, and im trying again. im currently a lvl 27 ww druid, and im having trouble w/ act 5, and i was looking for some better items. i just wanted to introduce myself, say hi again, and hopefully get back into the diabloII groove.

hey, i'll just throw out my email address if you feel like sending me anything: xplodebrian @ gmail.com . cools.

2. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF !!! i am in the same boat as you. ive only been playing a few months now after not playing it for about 3 years. back in the original D2 days. good luck with your windy, good choice i like the druids and necros over others. whats your vavorite class and such? oh yeah dont forget to check the stickies and such at the top of the page...

cheers, C.T.

3. Thrawn_II

im not very good at ranged, so druid, assassin, pally, and barb, in that order. i used a werebear druid to beat the game, but i like werewolf more, im addicted to the speed.

but yeah, the old days of diablo2! i was soo addicted to this game!

4. ChaoticTwitch

If you ever want to get a ranged character going i would recomend the Hunter. Very fun build that uses a bow/crossbow and summons. good fun, theres a sticky guid in the druid forum thats awsome. i just recently got my maulbear into act4 hell. havnt beat hell yet with a bear, i used a fury/rabies wolf to get through hell. and yeah love the speed.

yeah, i remember loosing a lot of grades to this game. hahah but it was worth it :D

cheers, C.T.

edit: i just realized that u play guitar and drums. well so do i. how long have u been playing the guitar? right now im in a few bands. just doing the poor strugling musician thing with a little D2 on the side.

5. Thrawn_II

hehe, too cool. i've been playing guitar for a little over a year i guess, and drums for about 3-4 years. im playing currently in a hardcore/metal band, playing keys [synth], we have like the best drummer in wichita, speaking conservatively. my grades are suffering too, but thats just because i dont care about them enough. im working on that tho!

hunter being a druid? i think i've read that guide, a long time ago. crossbows are insanely powerful, and so are summons.

is rabies really good? i always thought it sucked because it was poison dmg. i just cant wait til i get lvl 30, for fury. such a nice skill.

6. ChaoticTwitch

yup the Hunter druid. my first mat/pat. of 1.10. i used a Kuko-shakaku (or whatever that Bow is called), untill i got a Burizza. Crossbows are powerful but slow, Bows a weaker but way faster. i would choose a good bow over a good XBow anyday, well the burriza XBow till i get a better bow ;). yah the summons are strong, use the bear (or wolfs all up to personal choice) and merc as tanks and fire arrows like crazzy ! good fun haha. rabies is good. with it maxed along with fury (as a hybrid wolf) it can prove very effective. poison the whole crowd first then swing with fury like crazzy. fast killing and fun to watch the poison spread :) allthough in hell i think the effectivness of poison attacks are weakend. im not exactly sure, but one of the other members can answer that with more confidence im sure.

in RL: ive been playing guitar for about 10 or 11 years now, yeah seems like a long time. play in a punk/metal band at the monent. haha we too have one of the best drummers :p . missing a singer now, but eventually we will fined one.

cheers, C.T.

7. Thrawn_II

very cool. is your band big enough that we might ever see you?

yeah, i'll check in the morning, its late, and have school in the morning.

8. ChaoticTwitch

Well since were going through the prosess of getting a new singer it will be awile till we hit the studio and giggs. if u have any other band, giggs, music and such just questions PM me. i think some here may call this mindless non-D2 related spam. haha but whatever it kinda is i guess. good luck with school tomorow...

cheers, C.T.

9. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

Hate to break your coversation you all but I just wanted to say Welcome to the SPF! This is the only truely fun way to play D2!

10. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Where's that evil laugh smiley? Welcome back!

11. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Welcome, welcome, and enjoy your stay with us.

12. Thrawn_II

thank you, im sure i will enjoy. is there a faq thread here somewhere?

13. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

14. isengart

isengart IncGamers Member

welcome back!
    I don't have too much experience with druids but I'd not forget about the MFing powers of other races like sorceress and barbs. teleport is the skill number one for mf runs and the barb rocks at pitruns and at river of flames because of his find item skill.
    do you play SC or HC? A good way to start a new career is also to sign up for one of the tournaments. They are HC tournaments in most cases but there are also some SC ones. - Great fun and something completely different to standard LOD.

Check out A Quick Tournament III for example. You play untwinked HC with not a single point in vit, no shield to block and no melee merc. - this is insane erhm interesting I mean. :D

15. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. Be sure to read the FAQ that Rizzo linked you, and check out the other stickies as well. Enjoy your stay and beware the squid. :)

16. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I dont remember you, so i think its fair to shin kick you.
    *puts on uber1337 boots of uber style*
    *does some uber cool move that should only belong in the matrix, resulting in Thrawn lying on the floor with his shins in agony and farting bob leaping from 1 building to another along the palnned escape route*

17. Thrawn_II

well, bob, i'll only agree to a shin kick if you show me how to escape on a "palnned" escape route!

i've done HC before, its quite fun. and i didnt remember about the barb find item skill, i'll have to start one right away!

and isengart thx for the tournament invite, i'm interested in those too.

farting bob, do you remember the "may all your drops be gold and green" tournament? i was there for that.

18. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i vaguely remember it (radiation from monitor has jellified my brain) but dont remember you sorry.
    And a palnned escape is much like a planned one, but slightly imperfect, with some errors, but is quicker since i dont have to check it.