I'm an Auntie!!!

Isolde212

Banned
I'm an Auntie!!!

I am soo excited. My sister just delivered a baby boy Noah tonight at 10:22pm. He's 7lbs 16 ozs and 21 inches long. I know stuff like this happens everyday but I was waiting for so long to see him born. I am going to spoil him rotten! Anakha however doesn't seem to thrilled to be an uncle but I don't care. It's really wierd to see your sister have a baby when all you can remember is how she used to pull your pigtails when you were a kid. Both mom and baby are happy and healthy. He took his damn time though seeings that he was almost three weeks late. Anyway, I am just super thrilled. Sorry no pics.

Isolde212

Banned
th5418 said:
Wow, 21 inches long. Thats a mighty big thing you got there.
That didn't seem right to me either. I think my dad may have gotten that wrong when he called. That's nearly two feet.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations! 21" ain't that long. My niece, who is pretty small, came in at 19". So I don't think 21" is very long. Isn't being an aunt great? There's this small baby now that's part of your family, and it's totally fun. I'm sure you'll love her, just like I love my niece.:)

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Notorious B.I.G. Nephew

Isolde212 said:
That didn't seem right to me either. I think my dad may have gotten that wrong when he called. That's nearly two feet.
For a child that's born nearly three weeks late, that almost seems normal (there is a lot of growth of the fetus in the last 6-8 weeks of the pregnancy...by extending it an additional three weeks, you get a LOT of extra growth). There are problems associated with delivering a fetus after-term but these problems tend to show up immediately and as your nephew is doing fine right now, I'd say he'll be okay.

Congratulations and best of luck on being an aunt who spoils her nephew rotten!

Isolde212

Banned
Elcold said:
Doesnt that mean that he wieghs 8 pounds since 16 ozs = a pound
I just wrote down what my dad told me. Unfortunately the information might have gotten mucked up along the chain of command. Sister telling husband, husband telling my mom, my mom telling my dad and then to me. Nobody would've caught that mistake since we weigh in kilos here.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
congradulations! damn i kinda feel jealous because I'm an only child so I wont be able to be an uncle. lol

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
congratulations there, i just became an uncle too for the first time on the 11th of mai, it's superb!!

Take care of the little one and say gratz to the sister

grtz bef