Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm a lvl 41 Assassin but..

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by philmein, Jun 29, 2005.

1. philmein

philmein IncGamers Member

I'm a lvl 41 Assassin but..

I still feel weak.

My stats are:

Str-111(+1 Str included)
    Dex-100(+1 Dex included)
    Vit-50
    Mana-26(+2 included)

I'm currently undergoing a Dragon Tail/Tiger Strike Assassin.

The problem is that my attacks are weak; my TS and DT are fine but when I hit normally, it does nothing to the enemies. Is it because of my claws? Their attacks are only 8-15 damage each. That's what I'm guessing, and I'm pretty sure I'm correct. Is it normal to have these kind of claws at this point in the game? Because my normal attack damage is only 20-37. :(

2. Joergermeister

Joergermeister IncGamers Member

Well the thing about a TS/DTail assasin is the fact that you rely on the charged release of DTail for your damage. You should not expect to do much damage with your claws. Just make sure you have the highest kick damage boots possible. If your looking for a good boost in performance at your level I would suggest getting 2 pair of Bartucs or 1 pair if your claw shield as they are pretty cheap. That would probably improve your striking damage, but like I said all your damage will come from your charged release of DTail. Good Luck.

*NiteHawk

3. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

If your boots are the best possible, and your skill level is decent, another thing to look at is your chance-to-hit. Dtail is bugged so that it will sometimes show the fire splash even on a miss. This phantom splash does nothing to the enemies.

4. DarthStephinus

DarthStephinus IncGamers Member

Wow you seem to have a major damage problem there. My Dtalon/fury/blender hybrid seems to dwarf you at level 45. What boots are you wearing because your damage is terribly low. Im wearing nats boots (until i qualify for my Myrmidon greaves) and i do nearly 500 damage with dtalon(not counting in venom and tiamats damage)

5. philmein

THanks guys.

Well as you can see, I just got Nat boots, so my dragon tail damage is now 280-500. Prior to the boots, it was 80-200 (Somewhere around there). As for my claws, they do a measly 5-15 damage.

Just wondering, is the Nat boots strong?

6. Joergermeister

Joergermeister IncGamers Member

Natalya's boots are good at lower levels, but for the TS/DTail assassin you are going to want the highest damage boots possible which would be Myrmidon Greaves. You can either use Upgraded Goreriders, which most people agree are the best, Shadowdancers, or even just a good rare pair of Myrmidon Greaves. Although I'm not sure with your current stats you can wear Myrmidon Greaves, just keep changing your boots as you find higher damage ones and you will be amazed at how fast your DTail damage will increase. I didn't get to check my level 89 TS/DTailer, but I'm pretty sure her claw damage is minimal as well. Good luck.

*NiteHawk

7. philmein

AH I see. Thank you.

I have a couple more questions:

1.) How can my resistance reach below 0? Seriously, all my resistance is atleast -40 for some odd reason. Could you explain for this absurdness?

2.) Is it natural for assassins to have low life capacities because right now, my assassin is level 56, and only maintains 385 hp. Additionally, she dies pretty quickly.

8. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Welcome to difficulties outside "Normal" mode. Is this your first time playing? Your resistances all suffer a penalty (-40 in NM and -100 in Hell). Your Act 5 Anya quests will help with that (at +10 resist all near the end of each difficulty).

Assassins do tend to have lower life than other builds - I usually have right about 1000 to 1300 at level 80-85.

The two things about damage with TS/DTail are kick damage and skill levels. Str/Dex also helps, but your big bonuses come from skills and boots. You will see very low damage until you have big boots, and a lot of points in DTail and Tiger Strike. Bartucs are ideal since they have a large +str/dex bonus in addition to +3 into TS and DTail. Although Myrmidon Greave boots are the *best* - you cannot use them for some time. However, using any elite boot will be better than Natalya's set. Nat's set is a great set, but it happens to be horrible for this build because of its low boot damage.

9. philmein

Ah I see lol.

Everything makes sense now. :p

Thank you for everything. Now, all I need is to find better items. I pretty much have horrible items in stock.

10. philmein

Sorry, but I have one more question lol.

Alright, right now, I am level 63; my stats are:

Str-170
    Dex-117
    Vit-100
    Ener-26

HP-490
    Mana-160

Problem: I'm dying like a *****. Literally people, I die like *snap* this. Is it due to my lack of defense and items I'm using? That's what I'm assuming because most of my armor is used from the beginning of NORMAL.

11. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Yeah, that sounds like the problem. :S

Check out the guides listed in the sticky. They help a lot with what gear to look for and what mercenary to use, etc.

12. philmein

Ok, thanks. :p