Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm a level 49 Bowazon and would really like some advice as to how I'm doing skill/stat/gear wise!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Lauren27, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Lauren27

Lauren27 Diabloii.Net Member

So, I'll post a pic of my stats and skills and list everything I'm using! Let me know how I'm doing! Thanks in advance ♡ okay my photos are too large to embed :( so here goes typing this all out lol

Level 49 Class Amazon-bow

strength 81
    Dexterity 100
    Vitality 77
    Energy ***

Ice Arrow Damage (poison too from charms) 280 - 369
    Freezing Arrow Damage (green) 79 - 151 (blue) 138 - 171

Ice Arrow Rating 3144
    Freezing Arrow Rating 2392
    Defense 328

Stamina 354
    Life 348

Mana 212

Fire Resistance 72
    Cold 75
    Lightening 75
    Poison 75

whew okay on to skills...

Passive and Magic

Critical Strike 13
    Inner Sight 0
    Dodge 2
    Avoid 3
    Slow missiles 0
    Penetrate 5
    Evade 0
    Pierce 3
    Decoy 0
    Valkyrie 0

Bow and Cross Bow
    Cold Arrow 5
    Ice Arrow 16
    Freezing Arrow 5
    Nothing in any other bow skills.... :/

Soooo, I defeat baal
    with ease. Although it take maybe 5 to 8 minutes... I feel strong, but feel like maybe I put too many points into strength or Idk... I also wish she was a but faster. Also, the cold arrow route eats mana but I'm managing well enough I'm just back and fourth sometimes getting potions, although I have a belt with 16 slots. With baal I usually have to go back once in the middle sometimes 3 times depending but I'm trigger cautious and hut often to avoid dying. I feel like I'm a novice and maybe even more advanced.... I'm not really sure.

okay so on to the gear

Head
    Corpse Veil Circlet
    3% mana sph
    +131% enhanced defense
    +16 to energy
    cold resist 17%
    fire resist 17%
    poison resist 17%
    damage reduced by 2

Armor
    Feind Suit Splint Mail 'Tal' (2 sockets) flawless topaz and tal rune
    defense 139
    +45% enhanced defense
    +5 to life
    fire resist 20%
    poison resist 30%
    magic damage reduced by 2
    poison length reduced by 75%
    24% chance of finding magicical items ♡

Belt
    Glyph Class Demonhide Sash
    defense 43
    23% enhanced defense
    +2 to strength
    +6 to life
    replenish life +3
    9 to max stamina
    poison resist 9%

Gloves
    Bone Hold Gauntlets
    defense 19
    21% enhanced defense
    +3 to dexterity
    cold resist 24%
    lightening resist 15%
    poison length reduced by 25%
    59% extra gold

Boots
    *Vidalias Fetlock Light Plated Boots* set item
    defense 9
    30% faster run walk
    +150 to max stamina
    all resistance + 8 (bonus)
    +75 to attack rating

Rings

Stone Turn
    10% faster cast
    replenish life +5
    +16 to mana
    8% chance of finding magicical items ♡
    level 1 fire bolt 22/22 charges

Fortuitous Ring of The Leech
    4% life stolen per hit
    13 % chance of finding magical items

( I do have more practical rings bUT you know magic find lol, I have a rare goul loop)

Amulet

Amulet of Fortune
    21% chance of finding magical items

(again I have more practical.... a gold (is gold unique?) the eye if etlich 1 to all skills 2 -3 cold damage 3% life stolen per hit 17 defense vs missile 4 to light radius and a viper mark as well )

I also have raven shank demon hide boots and glorious greaves of luck and another pair of gauntlets which are unique called magefist.. and another 16 slot belt called wraith buckle...

whew again. okay. as for runes and other gems well alot.... my sash is full I have 3 flawless of each gem except skull I only have 2 flawless. the runes..... dol sol eth eld tal thus amn ort ral and the jewels I thought were good to keep even found one rare jewl!! called raven gyre!

okay so tell me guys how is my character doing?

I haven't gone into nightmare yet I've just been killing baal and killing all thought he cows except thought the king!!!

any advice tips or experience's would be very much appreciated! thanks guys!

Ohhh I forgot charms... here goes

shimmering grand charm
    all resist +13

viridian grand of the glacier
    adds 3-5 cold damage
    poison resist 19%

burly grand of inertia
    7% faster run walk
    +22 defense
    (don't think this one is really too necessary lol but idk)

toxic grand of greed
    +50 poison damage over 6 seconds
    34% extra gold

shimmering large
    all resist +4

fine large of the icicle
    +3 max damage
    +16 attack rating
    adds 2-4 cold damage

ocher small of frost
    adds 1-2 cold damage
    lightening resist 6%

another small ocher of frost
    1-2 cold damage
    7% lightening resist

small charm of venom
    +15 poison damage over 4 seconds

okay.... that's it lol let me know ♡

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. Lauren27

I'm not even sure anyone will ever read this lol.But I went into nightmare and reset skills/stats.... I read up on frost maidens skill set but I'm floundering here. I sunk 13 points into straff but can't for the life of me justify it's use if I'm using freezing arrow... would I switch to straff upon encountering non freezable enemies and bosses? I also left only one point in ice arrow and instead sunk points into cold arrow... I'm only slightly stronger and put the majority of my stat points in dexterity and a lot less in energy, which I was very reluctant to do . It seems likes with the new skill/stay set I can one hit most monsters in a group with the higher feeling arrow points... but cold arrow even with 13 in it doesn't seem as strong as ice arrow... I'm afraid I'm going to get killed really easily now lol. ahhh well might as well give it a try and get a feel for it. I wonder how I'd do against baal now. it was really easy with the first skill/stat set I had, I could kill him in about 5 minutes and blew through his champion monster hordes... wonder how I'd fare now.... lol anyways of anyone ever reads this and ha's any advice, I would love to hear it! Thanks ♡

3. Namtar

Namtar Diabloii.Net Member

Your post is kind of confusing, and I get the impression that you're a bit confused yourself. I'm not sure why you'd go to the trouble of detailing everything about your gear down to the specific runes and gems you've found along the way and yet still not provide anything about the weapon you're using.

I don't know what "***" is supposed to mean for Energy. Does that mean that you are putting points into Energy, or that you're not?

To survive in Nightmare, and especially Hell, you're going to have to deal with monsters that have immunity to whatever your main form of damage is. You seem to be going for physical damage (Strafe) and cold damage (Freezing Arrow), which is good. But the safest option might be Guided Arrow, because it's easy to hit from very far away and with Slow Missiles, you can ensure that ranged monsters aren't really hitting you back.

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I agree with Namtar - your weapon is a key piece of information.

I currently have three Frozen Arrow / Strafazons that I've leveled into the mid 90's. It's one of my favorite characters to play. Some of my thoughts:

- Assuming you can get decent life and mana leach, strafe can be very useful for leeching and filling your red and blue bulbs. It can make the use of potions pretty rare.

- I usually enter Nightmare around level 45, and Hell between level 75 - 80, so you're about where you want to be.

- I like to use an Act 2 Nightmare mercenary, which gives you and him the Might aura. This will increase your strafe damage and the mercenary's damage, allowing each of you to leech more. Lifeleech and a decent weapon go a long way towards keeping a merc alive.

- Decoy is invaluable for scouting ahead - cast it at the edge of the screen in the direction you wish to move, and see if it's attacked. Strafe can also be used for scouting.

- A good Valkyrie can tank very well, and even kill stuff in Hell. Ideally, you want her to be at level 17 (after +skills from gear.). This will equip her with a rare war pike, which can do nice damage.

- Regardless of your main weapon, if you can get your hands on a Witchwild String bow you may wish to consider keeping it on switch. When you use the normal attack with it, it actually fires level 20 Magic Arrows. These will do magic damage, and are useful against monsters that are immune to physical and / or cold damage.

Are you playing on Battle.net, or Single Player? If Single Player, I may be able to help you out with some gear upgrades.

Most of all, enjoy the game!

5. Lauren27

6. Lauren27

edit sol rune lol... excuse my typos :)

7. Lauren27

oh my gosh!! my two best charms disappeared!!!! ahhhdo you guys know anything about that? do items disappear in nightmare?

8. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

When items disappear for no apparent reason, it's generally because they were dupes.

9. Lauren27

dupes?

10. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Items that were duplicated (hacked), thus violating the End User Licensing Agreement. I assume you play online, where a significant amount of items are duped. It's one of the primary reasons why most of the people around here prefer to play Single Player only, so that they can ensure they're not using illegitimate items. Items generally have a unique fingerprint, which Blizzard can use to tell when an item is a duplicate. Duped items periodically get noticed and *poof* into electronic dust.

11. Lauren27

I'm not online and am single player! !! what are your thoughts on plugy?

12. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

PlugY is not accepted here. What you do on your own machine is entirely up to you, of course, but use of non-forum accepted mod's such as PlugY will prevent you from multiplaying or trading with other forum members. Thyiad, the Single Player Forum moderator, has put together comprehensive guidelines: https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/read-this-first-single-player-forum-guide-2016-wip.933479/ She's extraordinarily helpful, and should be able to answer any questions you may have.

13. Lauren27

oohh! well haven't downloaded it! thank you for the info!

14. Lauren27

it would be awesome to have a bigger inventory! I wonder if you can obtain 2 horadric cubes?

15. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

If you download Atma or GoMule, both of which are happily accepted here, you effectively get an unlimited stash. They're both fantastic, and I highly recommend them. I prefer Atma myself, although GoMule is probably more widely used. I have literally thousands of items saved.

16. Lauren27

oh awesome that's a I really needed was the bigger inventory! Ive bought Diablo 2 with expansion twice but lost it so downloaded a zip version of d2 lod and am not sure how I'd download atma or go mule.... any recommendations?

ps you're really awesome!

17. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Sure! Atma can be found here: http://atma.incgamers.com/ GoMule can be downloaded here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/?source=typ_redirect . There's a support thread in our Single Player Forum here: https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/game-changes-help-thread-inc-atma-gomule.849306/

Basically, you load your .D2s files, which are your characters. You can create a stash (which is a .d2x file) and drag and drop items between characters or in and out of your stash. Atma even has a bank to hold unlimited gold, and a drop calculator so you can figure out the most likely target to drop a specific item. It's addicting!

Once you get either Atma or GoMule running, please let me know. I'd be happy to e-mail you a stash with some good bowazon gear and help you get equipped.

Cheers!

18. Lauren27

ahh you're amazing! I'm on my way home from cfcc and the traffic is insane!! I can't wait to try it out!

19. Lauren27

well I've got atma installed but am so confused! I think I successfully embedded a pic of my comp screen. ... what do I do?

Attached Files:

20. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Extract it and open it, then click on File and load .d2s. That will allow you to add your characters. You're really close!