Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm a baby,... Hmm, New bug?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by TheKbob, Feb 20, 2004.

1. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

I'm a baby,... Hmm, New bug?

There seems to be a new bug on b.net that allows people to bypass the ancients level requirement.

I can't give a screenshot because I don't have a place to host it (Maybe someone like Necrochild or such could help me here), but I was playing ladder in a Nightmare game with a Lvl 1 barb in the worldstone keep.

This isn't major, but the fact that the people were completed A holes when I questioned how they could possibly do this. I said it was either a new hack or a bug, but then called me below them because 1) I didn't know and 2) I'm a newb. I confronted them with the fact that I just don't want to see bugs and hacks at because they diminish the game, but this made my a "crying baby"

I'm e-mailing blizz with my findings, but does anyone else here know what is up with this?

~Kbob

2. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

it's not a new bug.... the second week of ladder people had already figured it out, and you could see lvl 1-4 chars in hell games.

i've never done it, but it has something to do with staying in town, but being partied with someone who hasn't done the quest yet and completes it in that game. anyway, yea, not new, but annoying nonetheless

--fatty

3. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

People do it to get the Hell Hellforge drop quickly.

It is the impatient players alternative to duping in order to get their precious Jah's, Ber's, Vex'es or Zod's that they apparantly need so badly.

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

nah it's like fatty said, IIRC when your for example lvl 1 and in a party with a, let say, a lvl 21, The lvl 21 goes up the summit, with the l337 booster off course :uhhuh: , and kill ancients... the lvl 1 will stay in town during this occassion and when the lvl 21 quest the Quest, the lvl 1 gets it also...

something like that ^^

5. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

When a character, who has not yet killed Baal, kills Baal any character staying in towm in act 5 gets the quest also. That's how the low levels bypass ancients.

6. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

I'm sorry fearox, but your 'tar is so scary... it always makes me want to simultaneously punch my computer screen and vomit.

But your post is quite accurate :D

--fatty