Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Im a ****** and i need help understanding this WW calculator...WTF!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Snarlin Stef, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

Im a ****** and i need help understanding this WW calculator...WTF!

ok...

im making a barb WW with perf skills fury visor.
    im thinking about beast runeword in a weapon because i like the +3 lycanthropy and i feel it will stack nicely with wolfhowl. Not to mention the level 9 fanat that adds 189 ED and 29 IAS too.

ok.. here is what i dont get.. i plug and chug the numbers inthe right areas (not sure if i want a warspike or a zerker axe so i tried base 0, and -10 speeds) ... and no matter how much IAS i add from external sources i still keep getting this lame ***.... 7 Frames attack!

WTH! some1 please dumb it down so a ****** like myself knows whats going on? What is the best weapon for a WW barb?

oh and please dont tell me to go to barb forum... they are noobs that dont care about IAS so they get the biggest 2 hander sword they get and whirl around... becauethey only need 35 IAS to max IAS on whirl.

so please u guys deal with this all the time... help a brotha out!

thnx
    stef

2. syphon45

syphon45 IncGamers Member

The reason you keep getting 7 frames might be becuase the version is set to 1.09 instead of 1.10.

3. Ma3lstr0m

Ma3lstr0m IncGamers Member

External IAS doesn do squat for shapeshifted druids at higher attack speeds.
    It may help to go down from 14 FPA to 12 FPA, but under 9 it's no use. That's why Druids use weapons with 95% and 110% weapon IAS.

4. syphon45

syphon45 IncGamers Member

Ah,I didn't catch the part about external ias. As for a weapon, I dont really know if this would be good or not, but I think a 4 shael griz caddy will hit 3 frames with feral rage on a barb.

5. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

I did the calc thing for WB,
    weapon type: mace
    base speed:10
    Weapon ias (caddy+4*shael)=130

now, if i push the calc button, speed is 4 fps (as spected). When I go for the full speed char, it show max speed achieveable is 5 fps??? Any1 knows whats going on?

Is the calc updated for 1.0, btw?

Thnx
    Fer

6. TheDragoon

TheDragoon IncGamers Member

I didn't really realize it before, but I guess the "Attack Speed Chart" caps WIAS at 120, internally. It's not really something that's easily fixable and since it only applies to some crazy amounts of WIAS, I'm not going to bother. However, if you use the OIAS or WIAS breakpoint buttons, you'll find that it gives you the correct values. :)

As for being updated to 1.10, it is, for the most part. The only thing that changed was Feral Rage's attack speed (which now appears to use the standard attack animation if you miss and some faster animation if you hit) but since I haven't been able to figure out HOW it changed for 1.10 (I've tried checking values and stuff from the text files... it must be an internal change to the code) the calculator uses a rough approximation of the attack speed (it's pretty close for most cases) when you hit.

-TheDragoon

7. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

I just spotted the block recovery calculator part!

Woot! Thank you TD! :jig:

Which is nice and all, but do you happen to know how many frames that leaves until the next block animation? THAT would be godly :worship:

8. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

you can always simply refer to the break points in the more in depth druid pvp guides and use the mighty calcuator. :thumbsup:

eg: guides like mine. o_O

edit: hmm if its for non-shifted druid blocks, refer to my link section.