Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ilvls of "reward rings"

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Harleyquin, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Ilvls of "reward rings"

I'm not sure where to look, the rings given as rewards in Act 1 and 3 are fixed if I recall. Does anyone know their ilvls? Also, are they worth rerolling in single player (i.e. backup, take ring, if crap reload saved file and try again)

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I actually have no idea of the answer to this, which is funny, because I play SP all the time, and use ATMA, and so I have easy access to the ring's ilvl - as long as I keep it long enough to see it on my save file.

However since in all the time I've played D2 I've never once gotten a reward ring that was worth keeping that long, I don't know :lol:

I certainly wouldn't bother reloading to try again. And erm, if the SP community heard you even ask that question they'd have kittens :uhhuh:
    If you're going to cheat that way (and that's th eonly way you can describe it) then you might as well just download whatever ring you want from a website somewhere.

3. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

I know it seems like cheating, but I only play the game on players1 and I don't play online so good rare rings are ridiculously hard to come by. Thanks anyway for the suggestions (I don't download mods and hacked stuff online either)

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I got a dual leech ring in the last ladder season IIRC, but everything else was crap. After all, it's nothing but a free rare ring - and sometimes (always ?) a magical one in normal mode.

5. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

I remember my first SOJ was from saving cain in normal. It was an early-early patch. Crazy huh? But true story!

6. krischan

Perhaps it's a kind of free gamble with a higher chance for getting a rare item.

7. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Isn't only the first reward for saving Cain a magic ring ? Rest all rare ?

8. krischan

Most probably, but I'm not sure if you can't get a magical one from normal Ormus as well.

9. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

why can't one of you guys not just check the game files? It would be nice to know if those quest were worth running. :p I'm talking about ring reward quest in both act1 and act3 ;)

10. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Heh, I'm happy to look if you tell me where.
    You think there's a file called CainAndOrmusRewards.txt"?

This routine is hard-coded somewhere into the executable. There is no neat MPQ file that says what is going on. Most likely they would have re-used an existing routine (programmers never like to write two routines that each do almost the same thing), but it could be like a gamble, or an imbue, or it could be completely different again.

I expect the reason it isn't known is because sine it is invariably awful, nobody has fancied investing the considerable amount of time it takes to work these things out, just to work out exactly what colour crap you will get when you get given your crap :lol:

11. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Thrugg do you think maybe they used the imbue routine and just forced a ring to be the item type?

*starts having contractions with kittens* (reloading for that quest reward, man that's original.)

12. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

It's a table in d2common.dll IIRC. Fixed Ilvl and qualities, and only Akara's ring in normal is magical. I received one good ring from these quests ever.

Corruption Eye
    Ring
    Required Level: 12
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 30
    Fingerprint: 0xe3bc1be0
    +12 to Mana
    +100 to Attack Rating
    Fire Resist +10%
    4% Life stolen per hit
    +5 to Light Radius
    10% Faster Cast Rate
    5% Bonus to Attack Rating

Nightmare Ormus, you could've gotten so much for this ring. Now, it's mine. :evil:

13. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

hehe sorry if it was a stupid question, I know nothing about programming at all :D

14. TheJarulf

TheJarulf Banned

Actually it has been known since about version 1.01 or so of the game. It is indeed hard coded and not a table, but specific for each place were they spawn the item. I don't recall the numbers and qualities any more but I think it was in the quest code. Just search old posts in this or other forums and it should be found.

15. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I have quite a few characters that didn't do the gidbinn quest, if I just had my cd key, I'd check it out.. Too lazy to call all my friends for a key right now, but I'll check the ilvls with ATMA some day.

16. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I got a 10%fcr +52 mana cold res +26% 6% mf ring from saving cain in nightmare. I thought it was damn sweet.

Of course, every single other quest reward ring I had gotton was pure crap.

Ormus: "This ring does me no good. Here, wear it proudly!"

:rolleyes: (what good will it do me then?)