Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK Titan Vitality - Plz Look

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by KaesarSosei, Jan 28, 2004.

1. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

IK Titan Vitality - Plz Look

Ok although my recent thread about an IK Titan got deleted I got most of the answers I was looking for.

But my main question is still, is base vitality ok for a 1.10 IK Titan WW build?

I like the sound of every single point in Strength (no Dex for maces), but I don't want a Level 80 piece of glass!

2. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

It's doable to run without any vitality, but then you'll probably need some decent charms. Personally I like to invest a little amount of points into vitality, remember each point spend is equal to 8 or so life.

Given the short range of the IK maul I'd expect it to be even more important for the IK build to get a little extra life, I'm a range 5 poleaxe barba.

3. bigballerpaul

bigballerpaul IncGamers Member

my titan ik has no vit and he is doing fine. i use life and ar/life gc's. with full ik set, max bo, and 2 echoers, 1 pt in battle command and your bo is up to level 32. if you really find that you need the extra vit, then put 2 io runes in your helm. but i find that i dont need that much life in hell.

4. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

IF you wish to be able to take on those extra strong or extra fast or cursed groups in act 4 /5 hell, I would reccomened 50 vita

5. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I would say pump Vitality. I haven't had a problem killing with "only" 200 or so strength.

Why go titan? So you can see a little bit of extra damage?

3500+ hitpoints has saved my *** more times than I can remember. More hitpoints = less stunlock = more whirling = more leeching = more death.

6. Raging_Zealot

Raging_Zealot Diablo: IncGamers Member

Well considering he'd get well over 500 STR compared to 200 STR, thats well over 300% ED right there, and i'm not even counting the fact that maces get a greater str. bonus...not quite "a little" extra damage. Also, more damage = more leech too.

7. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

Well I've decided to go 100% str. Charms with life are fairly easy to get and with full IK I won't need Resists from my charms either so I can focus on life.

The damage should be awesome!

8. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Hy Kaesarsosei and all the rest. I am totally new to Barb-building, only ever played Sorc since D2 started. NOW i have my hands on a nice complete IK Set and have no clue what to do with it.

I dont want it to gather dust, so i thought i build a barb. First oen im D2 career :p

This IK Titan build sounds interesting. Can anyone of you point me to a thread where that bild is explained or lay out some details here. Thanks :)

9. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Stats, all points in str.
    Skills, max Whirlwind, Mace Mastery, Berserk (or try to find a balance with Berserk and Shout, mmm) and Battle Orders.

10. melianor

Thx for the quick answer :)

11. bigballerpaul

bigballerpaul IncGamers Member

if this is your first barb build, you might not want to go with a titan. they are enjoyable, but you gotta know your way around the barb to go with a no vit build (be able to make us of howl, taunt, la, battle cry etc.)

if you do decide that you want to go titan ww ik, i would suggest this build

strength - all points
    dex - you dont need any with the ik set
    vit - 0
    energy - 0

20 ww
    20 mace mastery
    20 shout
    20 bo
    1 in berserk
    1 in natural resist
    1 in battle command
    1 in battle cry
    + all pre reqs

the 20 to bo and shout are really going to be your bread and butter for this build since you will have no points invested in vitality. you will want to make use of AR/life grand charms to help boost ww's low AR and your life. you can always add 2 io runes in the helm for some extra vitality.

also you might want to check out hal's concentrate barb guide (is it reposted yet?) basically you would use his skill point placement with full ik set, and an all strength build.

12. DistortedRiff

DistortedRiff IncGamers Member

Luckily it got added to strategies-

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=506

13. melianor

Thx, i think from reading that Concentration guide i like that more than whirling about. But we shall see 8)

14. NarcillicusVII

NarcillicusVII IncGamers Member

I was thinking about making an IK WW Titan too. Out of curiousity, how much damage could I expect to be doing with the full set and all points in strength?

15. nucks

nucks IncGamers Member

Probably about ~4000dmg WW

16. Afro-Mojo

Afro-Mojo IncGamers Member

u sure bout dat? im landin about 4200 dmg w/ my current baba (he aint nothin lol) and im not even using full ik set AND im actualy a spear baba jus usin it cuz i dun have nething better. so wouldnt he be doin some more decent dmg?? i have about 250str dats it

17. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

itd be way above 4000, my ik barb is pure vit I just have enough str for using eq and I do 4500 dmg with no merc and 5000 with one

18. rotor_001

rotor_001 IncGamers Member

When seeing this...

I made a titan build but with a etheral BoTD Warpike I get a damage in the range of 14K. Sadly I can't hit the -60 Bp, but it is a fun build to play.

So the IK barb should get more damage than 4200 I hope.