Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK set question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dacar92, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

IK set question

My question is regarding the use of a full set of IK vs. Duriels Shell Cuirass and a near full set of IK.

I am using Duriels Shell Cuirass right now. It seems like the "cannot be frozen" bonus of Duriels would be better than the full set bonus of IK. Is that true?

Bonus' to resists seem like a wash. Unless the stacking of resists for the full set are better than what Duriels has.

Would you use the Soul Cage for the set bonus' or use most of the set and Duriels Shell instead of the Soul Cage? I just have to find the IK Pillar and Soul Cage to get the full set. I may never find them, but I am still torn on what to do if I do find them.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

(Assuming 1.10)

With one piece missing you lose out on...

Adds 250-361 Magic Damage (Maul)
    +2 To Masteries (Barbarian Only) (Belt)
    Freezes Target +2 (Gloves)

Whole Set:
    +3 To Barbarian Skill Levels
    +150 To Life
    All Resistances +50
    Magic Damage Reduced By 10

Of course in 1.09 you don't lose as many partial-bonuses, but the full-set hit is quite significant.

If you had one I'd suggest using a Ravenfrost to provide CBF. If you don't... well, you will by the time this question comes up :)

3. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Trust me, full IK set is VERY good. Just put a Raven Frost in one of your ring slots and you got that Cannot be Frozen covered. You'll pretty much have max resists with the IK set too.

4. Hythopian Shade

Hythopian Shade IncGamers Member

I would use the full IK set plus a Raven Frost ring. You will get the full set bonuses plus cannot be frozen from the ring.

5. EdgeFrog00

EdgeFrog00 IncGamers Member

IMO, the full ik set is the way to go. I created a barb specifically because if found the whole set, and he is defintiely not a disappointment. To answer your question specifically, the set's +skills that boost your natural resist (i only put 1 pt in it)and the +50 resists for the full set bonus, and the +40 resists in everything except poison allowed me to walk into hell with my resists maxed except for cold (it's at 56) and about 8500 def after my warcries, so to me it's a no-brainer. Trade for a Ravenfrost for the "Cannot be Frozen"(they are relatively cheap), and weat the whole IK set. Barbs are fun. :yep:

Damn you all for being so quick!! I only reply to something once a week, at least you could let me get in first!! :uhhuh:

6. Dacar92

Thanks for the opinions. I will pursue the full set of IK. Like I said I only need the boots and armor.

My barb is currently in act 5 NM. Level 70. 6 more levels to go and I can use the maul. I think the armor is level 76 too.

Could I get a IK soul cage for the Duriels Shell in the trade thread do you think?

7. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

yep it´s a damn good set and he get that cool shiny look when wearing the whole 1.10 set :)

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

To your first question I would answer full IK set is the way to go. My brother has found the full set and it is awesome. WW with IK set is very powerful, so cannot be frozen-mod maybe won't even improve your barb. The speed your barb whirls through enemy packs is based on run/walk speed so you will get deal even more damage when you are frozen by hitting monsters more. For the same reason Increased Speed is worst skill WW barb can have

But as for trading IK armor...I bet you won't get it by offering Duriel's. Maybe Natalya's Mark or Mavina's True Sight would be enough for it. It is rare armor, I have all other set items in this game except IK armor. Prepare to pay much

9. Dacar92

@ Shade What do you mean that I will have a Ravenfrost by the time this question comes up?

10. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

A Ravenfrost should, by rights, be easier to find than a Set Sacred Armour... I have yet to find either, so I'm still hunting, but there are people out there with multiple Ravenfrosts... not as many have multiple IK Soul Cages, though. :)

11. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

I've found about 5 ravenfrosts. I've found 1 sacred armor (and I was lucky). Thats what he means.

12. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

i've found ~10 ravenfrosts and no IK armors... actually i think imay have found more ravenfrosts than sacred armors of any color. :teeth: actually, i'm relatively certian of it! :bonk:

13. BladeofRagnorak2

BladeofRagnorak2 IncGamers Member

in 1.10 version the full set is very nice, my barb is usen it, and the boots give half freeze time, so it is shortened, and the set give nice partial and full set bonuses, and with the combo of a raven or 2 makes ur barb all but invicible(at high lvls) mines lvl 80 and can take on anything with out much problem, only thing is the act 4 guys who have the stupid iron maiden curse, those guys just are tough period(not hard to kill but just they make u hurt ur self...), so ik is the best way to go......... :clap: ........

14. Wolfgang Abenteuer

Wolfgang Abenteuer IncGamers Member

The one thing I don't care much for with the IK set is the fact that you need to equip the Maul to complete it, making it much less useful for Frenzy Barbs (which I love to play). However, should a Sacred Armor fall from the sky (read: Pindle :p ) I would probably make a Maul Whirlbarb just so I could put it to use. So yeah, it's that rare. ;)

Raven Frost, OTOH, are not quite so rare. My current Sorc has found one, my Barb found one, and an older Sorc I had also had one. Of course, doing mostly Hell Meph runs, it's obvious I'll get more RFs than IK armours, since Mephy can't even drop Sacred Armors. Ah well...back to Pindle I go...

~Wolfgang

15. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Just to chime in, I've got an IK barb that I appreciate a lot. His damage isn't super-high, but in low player games, he absolutely owns. Doing considerable amounts of each type of elemental damage + magic makes him super-powerful against any group of monsters. :)

16. Dacar92

This thread was started a month ago. It's great to see it resurrected.

I still don't have a Ravenfrost! :(

No IK Armor either, but, there are a lot of people without that.

I just finished off hell Diablo tonight with all the pieces of IK set except armor, Using Duriels instead. Finished him off in about 30 seconds. It was so sad to see him die! :lol: