Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK Set Hidden Bonus(s)?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Prez, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

IK Set Hidden Bonus(s)?

I recently nm Baal'd my new IK Barb to lvl 76 and outfitted him with the complete set for a solo run through hell.

I'm now in Act 4 with him and have noticed several "odd" occurances that I can't explain.

1. I apparently get some sort of "Enchant" from the set that isn't shown in any of the mods. It activates on either "being struck" or some other melee ocurrance since its not on when I start the game, but activates after a short time playing. No animation though when taking wps. It is clearly recognizable from the red palate shift that occurs on the bo stix that I have on switch, but isn't noticable on the IK Maul. Also a corresponding increase in dmg and ar equal to a low lvl enchant. The dmg also shifts to red in the player screen.

2. I have played all the way through to act 4, killing everything, getting all quests, etc. My total MF is a whopping 54% (34% from helm and 25% from partial bonus on the boots). I haven't kept an exact count on total numbers, but I have found close to 30 uniq's, and an untold number of set items. Highlights include: Shako, Bonehew, Trang Pieces, IK Pieces, uniq bows, etc. At first I thought I was just getting lucky, but now I can defintely tell that, based on the quality of drops, it feels like I have a total mf in the 400+ range.

Just my observations. Anyone else notice this or am I just imagining things?

My total set-up is:
    IK Set w/ed and ed/ias jewels in maul/helm/armour
    Seraphs Ammy
    Ravenfrost
    Natures Peace
    Annihilus
    Vita and Skill charms.

Prez

2. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

I dont know too much about IK set.. But the dmg part on your dmg screen when its red and your AR goes up.. That is a sign of enchantment... So maybe you have came onto something that people dont konw about or never realized.. Or Nobody has ever thought anything of it and never wanted to know? Altho I am almost 90% sure that the IK set doesnt have any Enchant % when striking?

BTW why do you use Seraphs amulet?

Dmg to undead and demons?

OR do you have somethign on your merc that might give you enchant? :scratch:

3. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

Doh -
    IK Set does have an enchant mod on the armour.

Seraphs is for skills, extra dmg and AR. I have base dex, so the ar boost is nice.

Prez

4. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

Lol i feel dumb? How bout you? :p

5. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Mf has little bearing when you compare the shear numbers of bosses you are killing soling Acts 1-4 in Hell.

Remember, uniques drop with NO MF, always have and always will and is simply why MF is always the last thing I sorry about on an MFer.

Have you been hoarking? with all the +skills even lvl 1 is pretty good which i use. Now I have found any Shakos, but I have found tons of things simply running around killing stuff.

I am a firm beleiver in "streaks" when I decide to "mf". Runs of a boss when they pay off stick to them until they dry up and go do some other boss or something else. If no bosses are paying off but you still want to MF then go on a random killing spree and just run around finding bosses to kill. If the bosses are paying off stick to it.

Well, personally I hate boss runs for MF, much to repetative and would much rather run around all over the place killign 100 bosses than Meph 20-50 times.

The best drops I EVER had in this game ALWAYS came at the least expected time and with very minimal MF!

Things come to those who kill, this game tends to take care of you in time. You can run around forever poor seemingly and then BAM in just a short pieriod of time you are trying to figure out what to do with all this crap!

The Enchant is cool, many times I hit my first pack and just qerk them all hopign to get hit and trigger it! It isnt big damage or AR but it is substantial and noticeable!

6. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

The enchant from the armor is lvl 5, using a demon limb to enchant your barb in town (lvl 21 enchant) gives a nice AR boost, and a little fire dmg, however with all of the hidden bonus elemental dmg on the maul the 80 or 90 fire dmg from the enchant won't make that much of a difference. I'm about to start my hardcore IK barb, my softcore one is now lvl 85 and I've pretty much done all the softcore testing I want to do with him. When I built him, I did it with the idea that I wanted to test the build for hardcore later, and I've only died once with him, and that was around lvl 40 or so when in act 4 chaos sanc. I used conc by mistake while under IM instead of beserk a mistake I'm glad I made softcore instead of hardcore. :)
    I always hork bodies and don't care about my +MF % at all, I've found many, many good rares, and lastnight a pair of IK Gloves.. :) having 2 heart carvers in your stash are great to switch on after you've done your warcrys and are planning on doing a lot of horking, (like cow runs or something) because they each give +4 to find item.

7. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

The enchant from the armor is lvl 5, using a demon limb to enchant your barb in town (lvl 21 enchant) gives a nice AR boost, and a little fire dmg....

If you got enchanted using Demon Limb and then your % to get enchanted gets cast wouldnt it overide the previous one?

8. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

He hasn't bee horking anything. He is wearing a natures peace, thus making it impossible to hoark anything that he kills melee (and by process of elimination using the fact that he is an IK barb, I would bet everything I own that he kills melee)

9. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

My guess is that the set Enchant would override the Demon Limb enchant when it went off.

And as Neo said, the Natures Peace defintely cramps my style in regarads to any horking. I need the pmh and the rip feature is handy in certain areas, so for questing its ideal.

:flip:

10. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Do as ya wish, but with simple topaz in the helm I hoarked a Wizzy and Shaft from one 3 boss pack!!! i have also gotten many other things, but that one stands out!

I hate Natures although I use it on Sorcy for OAK and teleporting to bosses and would gladly mule it for one that didnt RIP things!

11. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

actually, he's using his ik war-cry barb, which takes advantage of the +2 to warcries on the helm... he just uses the big club instead of a shield cause he likes the secksy aura... :D

12. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

i luvs secksy l33t aura. :jig:

Prez

13. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

i use natures on my sorc and i like the oak for extra life

but my question is ( and sry to highjack thread, but the question was answered) how do u keep the oak alive? being only lvl 5 i found that my oak died asap and the repair costs bit me in the ***, so i stopped using oak

14. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

Even with a high lvl BO, the oak dies at the first sign of danger...sometimes I think it dies from fright :surprise:

I've given up on trying to keep it alive.

Stinger I keep a dual ptopaz IK helm in stash for act bosses, hasn't payed off yet.

Prez

15. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

my last IK barb went about always in topazed IK helm, that was until i found my unique bunny ear helm that had +3/3/2 (or was it 3/3/1...cant remember but its gone so oh well!) lol and i must say, sofar in 1.10 ive not horked nearely as many goodies as i did in 1.09.

back in .09 i had one awsome hork on the way to hell meph ware i got a tucks and 2 other uniques from the same hork. IIR it was off the main council member, the one whos always LE

16. Tinfoot

Tinfoot IncGamers Member

LOL I've noticed this many times - especially today in a quickie before work... Nothing special, newbie untwinked HCL Skellimancer in Act I. Just questing myself solo thru to Act II, I found !!5 low lvl set items!!, a 35% gp ring, a 30% gp necklace and a nifty necro head with various crap resis stats and +2 SM +1 RS and +1 teeth .... OMG - not bad for a lvl 16. :lol:

17. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

I'm not sure for charged items with enchant, but using a sorc to enchant characters works this way: a lower level enchant can NEVER overwrite a higher level enchant. The higher one always 'sticks'.

18. det

det IncGamers Member

However, I noticed that I can overwrite my own low enchant with a higher one on weapon switch. I could not do that to a few friends that I enchanted. I enchanted 2 of them, when I noticed I was using the wrong items to cast the spell, but after switching the weapons, the lower one could not be overwritten. Weird..and maybe a one-off..or a bug?

T'was at the start of my enchant career, so maybe I was just messing things up :scratch:

19. necro_9

necro_9 IncGamers Member

now if only bo worked that way..... :rant: