Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ik questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Master-mind, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Master-mind

Master-mind IncGamers Member

Ik questions

Can you tell me what armor is Ik? I'm thinkin gof imbuing one item and I would like Ik armor more than anything! So tell me what item do I have to imbue for it to become an Ik armor? Also can you give me some advice on what I should do with my 2-socketed Ik maul? What should I socket it with?? :scratch:

2. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

IK Armor is a set sacred armor.
    You can't imbue it as imbuing creates a rare item (not set or unique).
    You can only get it by monster drop (and only a few can drop it) or trading.
    As for the the maul, if you're looking for speed (and who isn't) you need to bring the IAS up by 30% to hit the next WW breakpoint.
    A pair of 15% IAS jewels or shael runes (20%) work nicely.

3. Master-mind

^ This brings up a lot more new questions.
    Beacause I thought imbuing always creates a set item. But apparently it doesn't, so do you have any advice what I should imbue?
    And I was wondering, is attack speed really so important?? Ik maul's attack speed is already "very fast attack speed" so it can't go anymore up can it? And what's a WW breakpoint? And if attack speed really is that important then why is it does it come from such a low level rune as Shael?
    That's a lot of questions to answer but I really need your advice.

4. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Most people don't imbue anything anymore, since it doesn't net you much better than you can get from drops.

If I do imbue it's when I get some "superior" or "elite" item that would make a good item imbued. I usually don't imbue until I get items from HELL difficulty though.

5. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

Here is a very quick rundown - see barb forums for a better answer.
    The game runs on 25 frames (of animation) per second. Each breakpoint = 1 frame. so for instance, when you whirlwind, you may do an attack every 9 frames. To hit 8 frames, you have to get x ammount of Increase Attack Speed. I don't know the tables, but usually the breakpoints are around 45ias, 90ias, 110 ias and 143ias. (Don't quote me on that - I don't know ww breakpoints!) In any case, you hit more often per second = greater damage per second = greater damage overall. That is why it is important.

Also, factored into this is weapon speed, which is what Very Fast Attack Speed is referring to.

Hope this helps a little - im still a newb when it comes to this stuff, but paying attention to it helps kill stuff a lot :)

6. Master-mind

^ Thank you for that! Really helps a lot!
    So you think I should socket it with two Shael's?
    Ok then I do that, but how the hell can you get an IAS of 143?!

Well, thank you anyway! :worship: