Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK Maul question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Dacar92, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

IK Maul question

I have a maul with 2 sockets. I would like to get some opinions on what I should socket it with.

Thanks in advance!

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

If you're going to be using whirlwind, you'll have to pop two shaels in it to break the last ww frame. If you're going to be a conc barb, I suppose ed/ias would be the most ideal.

3. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

The ik maul needs 30 more ias on the weapon to get to the last frame, so it will get there with two ed/ias jewels, two shaels, or a combination of ias jewels and shaels. That's generally the best socket choice, regardless.

-Hal

4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

It is a conc barb. Sorry forgot to mention that.

I have two shaels. Just to make sure, are you saying I should socket it with ias jewels or shaels, even though the maul is already a fast attack speed weapon? Also, I have the IK gloves and that already adds 20% faster attack speed. So it seeems like a waste to make it faster. But if you still think that is my best choice for socketing, I will do it.

Thanks

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Ignore whatever it says on the weapon. That just means in relation to its type; mauls are still very slow in general, the ik maul is just very fast in comparison to other mauls. You'll need to use the IAS calculator in the calculators/stat sheets dropdown menu at the top of the forum to see how much ias you need to hit each breakpoint; just enter barb as class, 10 for wsm (since ogre maul is base speed 10), and swing type to two-hand other, and show the tables.

-Hal