+200% Damage To Demons
+250% Damage To Undead

Do these stats deliver the same as:

+400% Enhanced Damage
+50% Damage To Undead

Or are there any hidden drawbacks?

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
The vanilla-flavour Enhanced Damage improves the base weapon damage. The ED vs Demons/Undead gets applied along with off-weapon ED, skill bonuses, etc.

The basic damage formula is thus:

((Weapon damage * (1 + On_Weapon_ED)) + Flat_damage_bonuses ) * (1 + All_other_ED)

On_Weapon_ED is the Enhanced Damage % on the weapon itself.
Flat_damage_bonuses are any +min/max damage you have.
All_other_ED is everything else - skill bonuses, ED vs Demons/Undead, auras from your merc/party members/equipment... anything that hasn't already been mentioned, in fact.

benjerry

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah.. so no drawbacks, but an advantage! It has 2 times (200%) Flat_damage_bonuses in the plus.

thanks.

banditto1969

Diabloii.Net Member
Would adding in Laying of the Hands add an additional 350% damage? Making it 550% to demons? I have the maul, but am currently using Windhammer for the higher IAS.

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, it would, which is why IK barbs with LoH used to be the premier baal/meph runners back in the day.

-Hal

WackenOpenAir

Diabloii.Net Member
benjerry said:
Ah.. so no drawbacks, but an advantage! It has 2 times (200%) Flat_damage_bonuses in the plus.

thanks.
well not really. ED on a weapon i much better than the character ED.

if you simplify the formula: Wed * Ced

Wed = weapon Ed
Ced = char Ed (everything else)

generally, in this case Wed is a multiplier of 3 (1+200%) or 3.8 with jewels maybe. Ced will be around 8 normally.

3*8 = 24.

now with the extra Ced it becomes 3*10 = 30.

if it would be added to the weapon dmg like you thought, it would become 5*8=40

so the difference.

also, i dunno if you meant to explain it that way, but not all monsters are either demons or undead, so you dont always get the bonus.