IK Maul. 2 sockets. One shael... Other..?

Jomero

Diabloii.Net Member
IK Maul. 2 sockets. One shael... Other..?

I am a Werebear who uses Maul (Maulbear?) and HoW. I have an IK maul and boots on a mule and am thinking that maul is looking pretty nice for Mr. Bear. It has 2 sockets.

I was using the wereform calculator and there's no question that I am going to use at least one shael rune in it. Now, my question to you guys is: what should I put in the other socket?

According to the calc, if I use one shael rune I can get 9 fps with my current set up. If I use 2 shaels, it goes to 8.

Should I use 2 shaels, or should I go for an ED jewel or something else I haven't thought of? Any advice would be appreciated.

Right now, I just started using a windhammer, and am loving how much damage I am doing at level 68. Can't wait for my merc to level some more and me maxing HoW. Can't wait to use the IK maul.

-Jomero

Lithan

Diabloii.Net Member
If it actually nets you an increase I doubt there is any question that it's best to go with shael.

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
cgtoq with 2 shaels would be best

but faster the better so use dual shaels

Burnt_toasty

Diabloii.Net Member
Jomero said:
I am a Werebear who uses Maul (Maulbear?) and HoW. I have an IK maul and boots on a mule and am thinking that maul is looking pretty nice for Mr. Bear. It has 2 sockets.

I was using the wereform calculator and there's no question that I am going to use at least one shael rune in it. Now, my question to you guys is: what should I put in the other socket?

According to the calc, if I use one shael rune I can get 9 fps with my current set up. If I use 2 shaels, it goes to 8.

Should I use 2 shaels, or should I go for an ED jewel or something else I haven't thought of? Any advice would be appreciated.

Right now, I just started using a windhammer, and am loving how much damage I am doing at level 68. Can't wait for my merc to level some more and me maxing HoW. Can't wait to use the IK maul.

-Jomero
I'd definitely go 2 shaels because with two shaels in an IK maul and 40%IAS outside, (Highlords + Laying of hands or whatever), you would hit 7 fpa.

Jomero

Diabloii.Net Member
I appreciate all the advice. Yeah, I put 2 shaels into it. I'm down to 8fps currently. Hopefully will be able to even bust that that soon too.

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
Did you check if OIAS would increase your speed at all? Cause like some amount of OIAS might get you to 7 frames, which is very nice... You should check :)

Burnt_toasty

Diabloii.Net Member
Burnt_toasty said:
I'd definitely go 2 shaels because with two shaels in an IK maul and 40%IAS outside, (Highlords + Laying of hands or whatever), you would hit 7 fpa.
Proudfoot, you spammer!! :p