IK Helm from Norm Diablo?!

Sunjeet

Diabloii.Net Member
IK Helm from Norm Diablo?!

I was playing with my level 29 MF Meteorb sorc. I've been playing untwinked (except for a belt and boots that had decent resists and the runeword Leaf) and had only about 87% MF. I finally killed Normal Diablo and ended up getting 2 set items and a few uniqes. One was Hwanin's belt and the other was IK's helm. How'd that happen?! I didn't think that the IK helm could drop until Nightmare. Maybe I don't understand how MF works...

Dan334477

Diabloii.Net Member
Something similar happened to my brother.

We were playing together in a TCPIP game (no mods, no hacks, etc), working through the Normal Chaos Sanc. A set amulet drops. My bro picks it up, ID's it, and it's Tals Amulet. I remember because I was on my phone with my GF when he ID'd it and he started to flip out quietly. It was quite a site.

Sunjeet said:
I was playing with my level 29 MF Meteorb sorc. I've been playing untwinked (except for a belt and boots that had decent resists and the runeword Leaf) and had only about 87% MF. I finally killed Normal Diablo and ended up getting 2 set items and a few uniqes. One was Hwanin's belt and the other was IK's helm. How'd that happen?! I didn't think that the IK helm could drop until Nightmare. Maybe I don't understand how MF works...
I was mistaken.

Immortal King's Will.

Diablo can indeed drop it.

(To second poster Diablo can also drop Tal Rasha's Adjudication).

It revolves around the item level and quest level of particular items as to where they can be found/dropped.

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
ArchAngel Tiberrius said:
Immortal King's Detail, correct?

If that is correct, by using the ATMA drop calculator, Normal Diablo is unable to drop the helm.

Perhaps you are mistaken, or playing another version of Diablo 2? Or I may be mistaken.
Actually, the helm is the IK Will, an Avenger Guard. (TC 24, qlvl 37) So, Diablo can indeed drop it. (He can drop up to TC 36, qlvl 40.)

Cattleya said:
Actually, the helm is the IK Will, an Avenger Guard. (TC 24, qlvl 37) So, Diablo can indeed drop it. (He can drop up to TC 36, qlvl 40.)
As you will see I altered my post. I was unsure as to the name of the helm, hazarded a guess and posted. I since double checked and corrected my error.

somethingsin

Diabloii.Net Member
actually I believe Tal's amulet can be dropped from act 3 council and up.
ods are around 1:200000 or something

Edit: no wait, it's even better: 1:135011 for the unique council members
the normal ones can't drop it, but with 3 uniques in the travi and 3 in durance 3, that's 1:22502, add in meph's chance of 1:16192 that's 1:9416 on a combined run. and there's the chance of a Unique monster dropping it which is around 1:200000, depending on the monster

all these are with 0%MF...

@zavior indeed, missed that one... 1:98680....

somethingsin said:
actually I believe Tal's amulet can be dropped from act 3 council and up.
ods are around 1:200000 or something
I like those odds. *does 65,000 normal council runs to find another tal's ammy*

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Cattleya said:
It´s a peculiar helm. Of all the weapons and armors in the class-specific sets, Immortal King´s Will is the only one that is a Normal base item.

stevep0520

Diabloii.Net Member
I've done it myself,

off of Cheapskate Baal nonetheless!

I thought my game went batty or something (I play exclusive SP), until I checked the tables.

Sunjeet

Diabloii.Net Member
I feel special. This is the longest thread that I've started.

Anyhow, its kinda sad that I found the IK Helm after I gave up on my Frenzy Barb. Maybe I'll go back to him later.

XDoomasX said:
Tals amul....in normal...please :lol:
Actually. Tal Rasha's amulet can drop in normal.

If my memory serves me, jewellery is based upon qlvl, rather than ilvl. I may have that mixed up, but the example is:

Jewellery does not belong to a TC, therefore the deciding factor after the game selects unique, set, rare and magic is qlvl (this is for unique and set jewellery).

I could be wrong with the information supplied. However, if you have a valid point as to why it cannot be dropped in normal, I would enjoy reading it.

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
I've actually found 3 Tal's amulets, all in normal, one from Mephisto as seems to be quite common.

The fact that Tal's set is entirely qlvl 26, which just happens to be Mephisto's mlvl in normal, is probably not a coincidence.
Wasn't Meph supposed to be infesting Tal Rasha's body? :)

The mechanisms suggested for why these things can happen are quite correct. Amulets are (very) low TC, as are Avenger Guards, and sets have typically low qlvls, so there is nothing stopping a low level monster from dropping them. The fact that they have quite high required levels is irrelevant, required level is never used in the drop mechanic.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
most of the tal ammys are found in normal

I also got an IK helm from norm baal in the MET tourney, too bad I'm not a barb :rolleyes: