IK barb viable in Hell?

HoshNasi

Diabloii.Net Member
IK barb viable in Hell?

I was gifted the IK set and thought it would be a cool way to get back into a barb (barbs were my favorite char back in the day).

If I were to follow This build would it be effective? Iron maiden scares the hell out of me personally.

Also my lvl 63 fishermancer took a dirt nap this week ;*( I rushed him to hell prematurelly and didn't have any skellies when I went to Baal's throne room. One soul smacked me with a ligthening bolt and it was bye bye birdy. The funny part is right before it happened I snagged a Gheed charm off the ground. Boy were some people mad when I took the fall. All I could say was "Well, you did say 1".

aman

Assassin Moderator
yes he is able to do hell i just finished my not that long ago and he has no problems.
i have to be careful with orn maiden but i just use beserk but other than that he can take any1 down.

HoshNasi

Diabloii.Net Member
I assume this will be a slower kill build, not that that is a problem. I mean I like summoners.

Do you use shout often?

aman

Assassin Moderator
he can kill with a reosnable speed well actually quite fast i do almost 5k ww

thats the def one right(not been on for a while) but i dont use it that often

aman

Assassin Moderator
i cant remember the total but i suppose he can be ok.

i like to run pindle with him not had time to try other places

HoshNasi

Diabloii.Net Member
I was making my summoner for running WS2 to baal to get a nice item base setup since I have been away from HC for over a year. However since I have the full IK I figured I would have some fun.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
IK Barbs are indestructible when guided by anyone with half a brain, even without charms. I didn't read that guide all the way through, but what I skimmed seemed on the mark.

My lvl ** IK Barb and his Might Merc have done hundreds of Eldritch-Council-Pit runs and I don't ever remember dropping below half health (4.3k life total). I socketed the helm and armor with Topazes and the Maul with Shael runes. And if I remember correctly, he killed his way all the way through Hell difficulty, even CS and WSK, only getting a few waypoints when necessary.

IK Barbs are cheap, durable, and effective.

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
Good AR makes them very strong. If you run IK Barb without some good rings and ammy you may find him a bit shy of awesome. Get some good AR gear for the rings/ammy it pays.

It is actually amazing how well these guys do.

HoshNasi

Diabloii.Net Member
STINGER said:
Good AR makes them very strong. If you run IK Barb without some good rings and ammy you may find him a bit shy of awesome. Get some good AR gear for the rings/ammy it pays.

It is actually amazing how well these guys do.
I am still really poor from my year vacation from D2. I had three chars take a dirt nap on the way to hell so I am building slowly.

I was planning on using the angelic ring/ammy combo. Also I was planning on following the socketing opinions from the guide, but then I thought maybe I should put some MF in there somewhere. Maybe p-tope the Helm?

Does anyone have an IK barb running 150-200 mf? Does find item have any value on this build?
::EDIT:: I have not used a barb is YEARS btw.

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
Angelic bling works well, and you can get a non-perfect Ravenfrost for a few PGems, I'd think. That'd suit him well in the other slot. 16-19 dex and 180-200 AR is nothing to sneeze at, and the CBF is very very nice.

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
Aerath said:
Angelic bling works well, and you can get a non-perfect Ravenfrost for a few PGems, I'd think. That'd suit him well in the other slot. 16-19 dex and 180-200 AR is nothing to sneeze at, and the CBF is very very nice.
with my gear, my IK baba gets nearly 1k AR from 1 16dex 17x ar raven... so ravens are cool ;)

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
Angelics is good in a pinch and will be some sick AR actually but I think you will get more all around use out of a decent Raven and maybe just a solid Ammy and ring that might supply some +skills/leech/ar/dex

the 10/10 leech is ok, but ImO it isnt enuff.....frankly there never is enuff, but remember AR is a function of leech, if you dont hit well you dont leech well so you must balance it.

If you are limited on jewelry you could run a Dex helm, the helms drop rapidly so its no biggy.

Just remember, IK Maul is range 2, range 2 for WW is on the edge of inadequate but the fullset and bonuses and good smart jewelry and socketing can make the range 2 mean nothing.

Many people rely on the Enchant of the armor to be thier AR buffer. Sure it works awesome when it is up, but when it isnt you are in a danger area if the AR isnt good.

Doesnt Highlords come with some AR and is it crushing or deadly? I forget its been MONTHS since I played.

A nice +1 or +2 rare ammy with dex/Ar would totally rock. One missing resists or other stuff might be had rather cheaply.

BTW, my IK Barbs, season 1 and 2 both ran only a good IK helm and Topaz for MF and Gheeds and I found a ton of stuff. I ran all the lvl 85? areas or is it 84......Act 1, 2, 3, and even alot in Act 5 but I didint run Baal much.

Stimm

Diabloii.Net Member
HoshNasi said:
I am still really poor from my year vacation from D2. I had three chars take a dirt nap on the way to hell so I am building slowly.

I was planning on using the angelic ring/ammy combo. Also I was planning on following the socketing opinions from the guide, but then I thought maybe I should put some MF in there somewhere. Maybe p-tope the Helm?

Does anyone have an IK barb running 150-200 mf? Does find item have any value on this build?
::EDIT:: I have not used a barb is YEARS btw.
P Top the helm and maybe P Ruby the armor, 150 is adequate mf really and your really not sacrificing killing speed or survivability to get it. Find item is tough to omit due the "1 point wonder " aspect of it , but I found i was shattering a lot of corpses on my old IK and therefore couldnt hork

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Shattering is a huge issue. You can't equip the set until lvl 76, and by lvl 80 or so you're high enough lvl to freeze most monsters you hit, thus rendering Find Item quite a bit less useful. If you stick to the Pits, however, monsters are higher lvl and shatter a bit less. Just don't go into it expecting to Hork the Council like crazy on Hell difficulty like I did...

I don't think the Enchant is as good as some make it out to be. My IK Barb's AR only increased by well under 1k, which was only really a couple percentage points higher chance to hit.

I really think Highlord's is the best ammy for this build: +1 skills, ~30%DS, 20%ias, drool.

10%ML is enough; 10% LL isn't. Aim for a rare ring with high LL and some AR if possible. Ideally you'd have a dual leecher with 8% LL, +str, +AR, and maybe some cold and poison resist, but those don't exactly grow on trees.

Like I said, I socketed everything but the weapon with mf and kept a Gheed's in my inventory. He found me lots of nice shiny itamz.

battledroid

Diabloii.Net Member
my ik barb have done countless numbers of meph runs, and never had any problems (untill yesterday when he died :( ) he had dual ravens, and a 3 warcry + 60 life amu, every run would avrage around 1 min without mh, damn i loved that guy.
Had a gheeds on him a about 5 sc mf 5-7% and he found lots of very good stuff

btw ik socketed with : maul 2shael. rest ptopaz