Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK Barb suggestions

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kip, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

IK Barb suggestions

Hey, just found myself a nice set sacred armor over the weekend. I figured since I already have the rest of the set completely I might as well make myself an IK barb. With my luck I will die before I get him up to 76 to use the armor but in case I should happen to live that long I was looking for a little guidance.

I know that with the boots and belt on I will be receiving a bonus of about 45 Str. He will also have +5 to warcries from the equipment and set bonus. He will be mainly a whirlwind barb as I think that the IK maul is most suited for whirling and since I have no shield I have no plans to be standing around being beat on if I can help it. Is it safe to assume that it would be best to get my str to just high enough to equip my armor WITH the str bonuses from the belt and the boots, then everything else will go into vit. Is no dex okay to do for an IK build?

Just looking for a bit of input on how to best set this guy up. Of course feel free to give any input on skills or stats. It's been a while since I worked on a hardcore barb. Thanks for the help.

Kip

2. madman68

madman68 IncGamers Member

There was a thread about this subject just a week ago. I would use the search or go back a few pages.

|madman

3. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Mine is Base Dex but has a Raven.......Not sure what he would do without Raven but his AR is very solid.

Also, if you want a boost in AR just Zerk a few things so you get hit easy, that lvl 6 or so Fire Enchant is a big boost.

If you dont have a Raven then look for and save a few AR charms maybe, or maybe a blue Dex reing or dex/Ar.

You wont need resists, the set has enuff that with a +1 Ammy, lvl 1 NR and no charms I am maxed.

i cna smoke the Pit in big games, also Ancinet tunnels, Countess runs, Pindle.....basically anywhere I haev gone has been doable.

With (2) +3 Cries switch and a +2 Ammy i think you can get to 32 BO, or 28 with no cry weapons. The set alone gets you to 26 i beleive.

i have 2 helms, one with Topaz and one with 66 ED in it for just plain ole killing like helping ppl do Hellforges, or tuffer quests.

My Ammy is a +1 with 7 ML........now i know the set has 10 ML on it, but I have found from EXP that all the ML you can get is nice. I can "normal swing" and leech half a bulb of mana easy. Withotu that ammy I have to get in two hits to get enuff mana to WW again or drink. i carry the Blues but as long as there are no reall nasty guys I try to just leech it back.

I use a Might Merc....he does great with poor gear but I made him an Honor ETH Mancatcher last night. He had Kelpie which is nice also but now he kicks some tail.

This is how I made my Barb.....

Lvl 29 Steel......Shael...max speed
    lvl 46 i think upgraded Steel sol/ral cheap and nasty little upgrade
    When it came time for Hell I put on a Shield and Bstar and it works fine.
    Any decent Mace class will due, I even used Aldurs for a little while.

I saved all my IK gear until he was ready for the full set...... No sense in diesnt with the glooves/belt/boots early and needless to say the Helm is easily beat with many things!

Aldurs or Bstar are both plenty fast for WW or Zerk. i slapped some basically untradeable 11 max jewels in one for a boots!

If this questiondoesnt get totally answered in your head give me a holler StingerHc on East and ill check my AR without Ravens so you know what to expect.

i thinki am in the 5k area but not sure if taht is enchanted or not.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Oh ya....you could always slap a couple diamonds in Helm for 200 AR......it ends up much more and those helms fall a lot, trade cheap or you can just use a HEL if you want to change those out.

5. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

To the first poster.....my apologies but the limit on a search is I think a minimum of three characters and when people ask about this they always throw in IK and never seem to spell out Immortal King, otherwise I would normally do just as you suggested and do a search.

Thanks for the info Stinger.....I agree on the uselessness of a few of the set pieces if you don't have the full set so I think I will have to go with what you say there. I do have a few items I can use up until 76 like a b-star. No point in losing about the only truely rare thing I have seen in the past year (other than those two SoJ's I have had fall in about a two week period). From the looks of it and from what I have heard about the set the main thing is to get to 76, once I get there things should somewhat fall into place.

Kip

6. durph

durph IncGamers Member

I used the crappy Sigon set I had to lvl 76...yes thats right...76 in NM baal runs using Sigon and a earthshaker. Then I put everything on and laughed at the ppl swarming around my aura-enhanced barb in the NM baal run I was in :D. He is good. Also base dex here. I use one raven and one dwarf star. I also have a couple of AR charms. He works fine. One thing I will mention is that I pumped str to 232 (for the armor) and forgot I had a +1 str small charm in there. Now, for some reason, the armor does not show up on him to other players. They see my barb, with aura, naked with the helm and the hammer but all the set bonuses work and he has 12000 defense so I know the armor is working right. I think he looks cool actually so I didn't fix it. :) Have fun.

7. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

Yeah, you must have been ridiculed for wearing sigs to that point mercilessly. My question would be if you have an IK armor waiting at 76 what in the world were you doing WEARING that sigs set so late. :D Anyways it sounds like this is one pretty awesome set despite not having a shield and I can't wait to get this guy up and running......I'm also working on a vengeance pally who seems like he will be quite funny once I get him leveled up and have his conviction maxed. I'm hoping his 426% ED berserker axe will work well with the vengeance.

Kip

8. durph

durph IncGamers Member

Sigon is good enough to keep me alive to 76...why go to the trouble to change it? Only muling I did was at 75 to get the IK armor. Had all the other pieces in the stash. Paly sounds like a killer. Thats a sweet zerker axe!

9. chavv

chavv IncGamers Member

I have an IK barb and, at the beginnin, I was using an +2 barb ammy with x% mana leech. I understand you stinger when you say you don't leech enough without the mana leech and the ammy but just try to switch to metalgrid and you will see your ar going like ++ and I'm hittin about 90% of the time so the leech from the gloves are enough. Metalgrid is a good choice because along with a 400-450 ar you get 300-335 defense a 25-35% all resist that is nice for having max res with ik set in hell. Highlord is a good choice too if you have a couple of ar charms and a raven and already have max resists.

Btw I used sigon too up to lvl 73.. I was tired of nm so I went to hell and died at lvl 73... but ik set was muled :) Took me another ****** day of questing and baal runs to wear it lawl :lol:

10. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

Ouch.....yeah, I think through NM Sigs is a pretty decent set but I killed my last guy with sigs on.....I think it was my first attempt at a vengeance pally. Somewhat low life because I pumped str to equip sigs and hadn't gotten on the angelic ring and ammy yet. Attacked something in the Underground passage that was LE and even with okay resists it ate my life up in a hurry. One dead not even close to completion pally. Anyways I will hopefull have scrounged up some starter gear from my mules although I am pretty bad about keeping the lower level stuff. Mid-level gear I am good for but other than bloodfists I always seem to leave the lower level stuff. Don't ask me why. And yeah, once I get up to being able to use that axe I'm thinking with my HoZ up and a few good charms with at least 85% resists he should be pretty durable and should be able to hurt most everything.

Kip

11. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

im putting together an IK barb also with some friends help lol

i was thinking of doing this:
    20 WW + 5 required
    20 shout + 20 batle order + 1 battle command +1 required
    4 mace mastery + 1 nat resist/iron skin/increased speed/increased stamina

that will take me right up to lvl 76 and it will be "complete" with room to place points into mace mast more as i grow beyond 76.

optional thing is 1 point in find potion/item and only 2 into mace mastery.

then im leveling him and placing 3 pts into vita and 2 into str a lvl until i start go get close to 76, then i will start placing alot more into str so i have enough to equip the set.

what do you guys think of this? i think this will work because this build is thought up from what ive gleaned from ths thread sofar ^_^

12. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

Obviously IK armor isn't as rare as it used to be ;) Does everyone have one nowadays? JK, anyways I'm in the bad habit of pumping the str on my barbs up quite early for some reason. This may explain why in 1.10 my barbs haven't held up so well as of yet. Maybe I will have to rethink how I allocate my stat points but in my opinion after you hit 24 and get BO you are fairly safe because you have a little bit more of a cushion. Of course I have to get to 24 first. Anyways, thanks for the input so far.

Kip

13. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

EVERY BARB I BUILD

Angelics so i can allocate more streght and have good life......Angeleics is about 20 strenght points if ya want. I wore Angelice Rings and ammy until I put IK on!!!

Steel is like no reqs so you can equip it at lvl 29 with like 60-65 strenght I think so all you need is 60 strenght for Sigs glooves then you have 70 which equips full sigs if ya want but many other setups as well. Personally I like Angelice Armor paired with Jewlery its BIG FIRE resists and give ya MF!!! Hell SOJ can drop in Norm Act 5 I know it!

Sigs Glooves, Boots for leech and 40 CR!
    Any resist helm or go sigs for even more AR
    or
    Belt and Helm can be Resists.

You can even go Hsarus belt and boots, Sigs glooves and Helm and have enuff AR to hit anything!

For Questing NM, slap on a resist shield and Aldurs Mace........it does great, max rez very fast attack and more leech thatn you need! lvl 1 Conc and Zerk are plenty with Aldurs to kill most anything, and it WWs at top speed...sure the range blows but you still get a ton of hits.

100 Strenght and STOP until you get thru NM at about 50-55 then get you to say 110 where you can put on IK Belt if ya want and glooves and that is 45 Strenght to 155 and you have 20 Lvls to get the rest of your strenght for the gear.

Use that Aldurs in Baal runs, its lower damage and high leech can save you from IM. Keep Steel on switch for times you need it if ya want.

Hell my Barb used Angelic sword until he was lvl 22 and I put on Generals Flail to 29

Always max Bo ASAP and always save all points until lvl 24 and then when you get to WW you can get to about lvl 8 or so WW while still putting a point in BO every lvl......Max BO, then WW, Then work on Shout......Mastery last.

Shout in Norm and NM is just a luxery, I dont know whay anyone works on it so much early when if you save those points you can max BO and get an adequate WW by lvl 38 or so!

Dont be a noob........pump life and live!

14. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

OH as for IK/TAls.......yes they are all over the place as well as all the other "rare" items from 1.09.

First I traded with a guy the other day that had 4 IK Armors and 3 Tals as well as Leviathan and much much more.

Tals for PGems soon if they dont reset before long!

15. rpgforumsnet

rpgforumsnet IncGamers Member

FYI here's the thread

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=139142

As I have just gone thru this (WW also), here's what I can advice

Up Steel / Ribcracker and mana leech gear for Normal/NM
    Goldskin/ Duriel / Viper provide good resist for NM.
    Angelic Ammy/Ring (see how much AR bonus you get at lvl76, it's amazing... raven can't even come close)

Try to get ahold of annihilus before you hit 76 for maul and armor. Don't waste status pt on str if you can.