Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK barb question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by innorton38, Feb 12, 2004.

1. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

IK barb question

So I basically stumbled accidently into a full IK set while building up my frenzy barb and I can't take full advantage of it since I need to dual-wield. I was just wondering what the most common/most powerful full IK build is. Should I go with a Conc barb? Zerker barb? WW? I have like 9 points or something in concentration (with +skill item bonuses) right now with just a few in mace mastery and I'm doing about 2.5-4k so I'm thinking that may be the way to go. Let me know what you think. Thanks a bunch guys.

PS-Also, what should I socket into the mace and helm? I have a 40ed jewel and a 38ed jewel so i thought those may be good but there are probably better ideas that I haven't thought of.

2. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

You stumbled accidentally into a full IK set? Wow, I have played for 6 years, and I have yet to find IK armor, so I wonder how you did that. :uhhuh:

I think you would better ask this question in the Barb forum.

See you, and keep up the good luck.

3. innorton38

Well I was building a frenzy barb as I said and I found all the parts except the armor thourgh normal play. Then my friend found IK armor and traded it to me for an occy and skullders or something (I couldn't believe it either). So by accident, i just mean i wasn't looking for it or planning on building my char for it. As for the barb forum, i don't like non-newbie forums cause people can be pretty mean and impatient on those. i didn't think my question was too complicated. Not asking about building a barb, just what build is best for IK set. Guess I'll try to barb forum though :( Thanks again everybody!

4. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

From what I have seen, WW is the favourite for an IKer. The build is straight forward. Just remember, that with WW, WIAS is the only thing that increases attack speed. This means that socketing your IK maul with 2 15%ias jewels is the best thing you can do. Hopefully those 15ias jewels will have secondary mods, but even if not, 2 shaels in place of the jewels will not speed things up. If you need the skill/stat point allocation let me know, i can post it in a flash.

Personally i dislike the zerker barb, I don't really know them so I won't go there.

As for the conc barb, I'm not sure where I stand. You can see what Hal's Concentrate guide in the strategy compendium says about 2H weapons or a lack of shield.

5. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

You'd be surprised, while every forum has their share of childish "I'm better than you" flamers, generally we have a pretty decent community on these forums. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the Barb Forum

6. innorton38

I agree that this is a great group of forums. I've never had a horrible axperience here (unlike over on the B.Net forums which can be brutal and irritating) but I just like the newbie forum because I feel like I can ask anything and get a quick, concise, and knowledgable answer. Over on the strategy forums i get a lot of answers like, "IMO IK set is overrated. You should get 2 eth zerker BOTDs and a zodded eth valor and a perfect anni charm and you'll be gtg." Thanks a lot for that, lol. I asked my question on the barb forum and got the response that i expected which was, "lot's of people ask this question, search the forum for an answer." Well there are like 50 pages of posts to search through and I couldn't find one that contained the discussion that I was interested in. Thanks for your advice everybody and keep up the great work on my favorite of many great forums :clap:

7. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Hi,
    Actually .. I think it might have been me that awnsered in the barb forum :) .. I'm really sorry if it sounded like I was saying to just search the forums, it's not really what I meant.. :D I think that I did say you could basically go 2 ways on it .. ww or conc .. and I think that I refered to "Hal's conc guide" just cause the conc barb is the one I have the most experience with. anyway, really sorry if it was me who replied, and really sorry if it souned like "search the forums!!" it's not the way I ment it.. I actually don't like thoes reply's .. and try not to do them, I guess I should re-read my posts to make sure I'm not comming off that way.. :)

8. innorton38

You're post was great. Sorry to imply that is was not helpful (in fact, it was the only response I got over there!) it just wasn't exactly what I hoped for. I knew ww, conc, and zerk were the possibilities, i was hoping for a few perspectives on what seems to work well for people. You know, get a quick discussion going. You like conc so I'm looking into it but I may go with ww in the end cause I like to kill lots of things at one. Oh and to the person who tried to explain IAS and WIAS in the maul, could you explain that a bit cause I see a lot of posts suggesting shaels in the weapons for ww and it seems that you say that won't help (only IAS jewels). Thanks everyone! (especially squigipapa ;) )

when, oh when will my newb days end??

9. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

From what i have gathered in the barb forum. Builds tend to shift to item dependancy.

Conc Barb - works well overall with general/elite items therefore imo wouldn't benefit as much as say some other builds due to the maul therefore cuts out the use of the shield that recommended with conc barb.

WW - this build is what i would go for espeically if i had a the full IK set. Has got ok (not the best reach) with the maul but deals well with PIs. Due to the magic/elemental damage. Bonuses with the full set give brillant mods

MAX - Mace Mastery
    MAX - WW
    MAX - BO
    MAX - Shout

Stats
    Dex - No dex whatsoever
    Vit + St = is the majoirty of your points
    Nrg = base as leech will sort out your mana needs.

Hope this helps

Kyo