Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK barb merc question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by beemander, May 15, 2005.

1. beemander

beemander IncGamers Member

IK barb merc question

this is probably the first decent melee character i've made, but the act 2 might merc doesnt seem to give that much dmg. i have a merc faith [lvl 12] lying around so would that be more effective then keep on lvling my merc who is lvl 51 right now and i'm lvl 76.

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

The fact is a faith merc will give you even less dmg boost than a might mercenary.IIRC a might merc with ik barb can add a good 800 to max,thats a nice dmg boost.Equip a reapers toll on him,decripify enhances your dmg potential by 50%.Use gear like andy's mas,+2 to skills will improve his might aura further.

Rik

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

The Faíth merc will also add some speed from Fanatiscism so you need less IAS from gear, but I'd also go with an act 2 merc. Reaper's Toll is just too damn good, not only will the Decreipify add more damage as Rikstaker said it will also remove physical immunity! An act 2 merc is also an extra tank which will help you not get totally swarmed, which can prove problematic even for a barb.

4. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I thought only IM removes PI.

Also IM wouldnt be much of problem with all the elemental dmg from IK set.

5. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

1st off you dont need any outside ias if you're ww barb and you got 2 shaels in your mace, so the faith merc is rendered useless there imo. (correct me if im wrong, im a caster-boy so i might be :O mine just seems to do the fastest ww out there)

my ik barb (lvl 89 atm) uses defiance merc and has a nifty 20k+ def rating with shout (lvl30) and mercs aura. this allows me to tank even 8 player baals pretty well, considering that i have (ofc) max resists and 4,5k life w/o outside oak.

i tried a might merc first, but since IK set deals not that great physical damage i though that a defiance one might benefit me more. and you dont have to level him that much since you get to buy him from hell. gearwise mine uses an eth cv insight (for mana burners and nice dmg), duriels shell for str / resists and a tals mask for leeches... works a dream :clap:

edit: retaliate IM with 1 point in zerk

6. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

You mean you thought only amp removed PI? :uhhuh: .

Both amp & decripify can remove physical immunity.

IM is a problem,cursed mid-ww is sureshot death.Bezerk should be used in chaos & throne.

Rik

7. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Correct...I was just thinking about Concentrate...

8. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Amplify dmg/Deceprify curses and immunity (physical)
    Subject: 150% physical resistant monster in hell

1)Amplify Dmg : -100 physical resistance
    Resultant physical resistance : 50%

2)Deceprify: -50 physical resistance/speed/dmg
    Resultant physical resistance : 100% (still PI)

I play necros a lot and there are very rare instances that amp dmg curse could not break physical immunity (superunique ghosts,stygian furies are examples) For barb zerk is a godsend for PvM as a tactic for IM and PI so Rik is spot on :D