Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK Barb - Concentration or Berserk or WW or Combination if

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by RealButter, Mar 29, 2004.

1. RealButter

RealButter IncGamers Member

IK Barb - Concentration or Berserk or WW or Combination

I was thinking of making a IK Bark with BO and Shout ya know and I was wondering which one is better: WW, Concentration, Berserk. Include information about damage and the defense bonus u get from conc. Do u think it is possible to MF with this barb effectively?

Thanks.

2. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

WW.
    Don't have any particular numbers for you but from experience I can tell you that WW is the preferred combat skill for IK.
    To the point ... the IK Maul just doesn't deal out enough damage for going one-on-one with bad guys and taking them out in a relatively efficient manner.
    Magic Find?
    Eh ... IIRC, the boots give you 25mf and I suppose you could slap some PTopazes in the helm and armor, but you'd probably be better off going with a dedicated mf'er, such as a sorc or necro.

3. RealButter

if I go for WW then should i go

20 Mace Mast
    20 Shout
    20 BO
    20 WW
    Rest in pre. and Iron Skin?

Id like to know the damage for that too

4. Phantasy

Phantasy IncGamers Member

I think the set up you just said is great for mf barb. I think you need some mf gear with about 350% mf to be effective. With that said, try to get high def with shout and iron skin, with less invested in ww. Try doing 15 mastery, 15 ww, 15 conc, 15 bo, 20 shout. This should allow you to handle mobs and still take out the boss ur mfing on =) if you have good weapons. Also try howling some and run through the crowds to the mf boss. Forget pvp with this build lolz.

5. RealButter

If I do WW, its not possible to reach the last bp is it? Arreat Summit has the speed at [10] meaning with 2 shaels i only get to [-30] not [-35]. That sucks.

6. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Yes, but it has an inherit 40% IAS.

7. RealButter

so that puts it with nothing in the sockets at [-30] so i only need 1 shael for highest frame. And theres 25% Ias on something else i think its the gloves, does that do anything? I think that it only doesnt work for WW is that right?

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

you need to hit -60 for non sword 2 handed WW, for a total of 30IAS in jewel//rune

And you're right, for WW only IAS on the weapon or what's socketed in the weapon matters

9. RealButter

Im guessing its a done deal and i should go for WW then. How hard is it to get these items in 1.10 (i played extensively in 1.09 and am starting back up in 1.10)

10. Squally

Squally IncGamers Member

im actually making an ik leap attack barb, only lvl 33 so far, but he is a lot of fun so far :D

11. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

if your purposes are for tanking for the group, a conc barb is fine. i get around 18k def during conc + shout. otherwise, the offense is lacking vs large groups.

12. SkylineFanatic

SkylineFanatic Banned

Ooo Bark, I can make ik barks :cheesy:

13. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Heres some merc advice...if you wanna tank....get a defiance merc (Act 2 defensive) normal or hell ..i lvled one up from normal...a little ocd on my part but the normal merc has better stats lvled up then a hell defiance merc...lvling him was a ***** though..had to put on trang armor and gloves to get fireball..and use dual wizspikes..kinda fun though being a sorc for awhile..lol

If you gonna try to kill stuff more, get a might merc (nm offensive)

14. madman68

madman68 IncGamers Member

My IK barb has max WW and 1 point into Zerk. With the angelic rings and ammy my ar is 10k.

I don't miss anything

I have a might merc and he helps. I don't know about a cold freeze merc since, when I hit, I freeze target. I prefer the extra damage from my merc and I'm maxing Shout.

Good luck.

15. piggiz

piggiz IncGamers Member

I strongly agree. When you're using IK set, set it to be a damn good PVM rather than on Mfing. For mfing, built a good mfing char with good mf gear. Dont use an ik barb as a mfer. With this barb, Diablo Clone and monsters, you owned them easily.