Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK barb AR problem

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by TitanCentaur, Mar 11, 2004.

1. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

IK barb AR problem

Hi all

Im a WW barb, max WW, max mastery, etc.. the common stuff.

My plan gear setup will be:
    IK set
    1 raven frost , 230+ AR, 15 dex
    1 wisp ring, for lit absorb, i play hc, got to play safe
    1 metal grid amulet, 400 AR

My question is, is that enough AR to get 90% hit chance against bosses like Baal and the like?

I will be using demonlimb enchat charges also. I try not to use angelic since I will lost the wisp ring and I really needed it. But if AR is so bad i may have to trade wisp/metal grid out for angelic.

Thanks.

2. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Not 90%, no. But you should get "enough".

Well, maybe with Demon Limb you'll hit 90%. I've never bothered, myself. Whenever I notice i'm not hitting so well, I Battle Cry the area (its on a hotkey). With just a single point, the IK set lifts it up so high that curses for -60% enemy defenses. Just yell after ending a whirl in the middle of a crowd. You'll really notice the difference.

I strongly recommend Highlords by the way. 30% Deadly Strike is a huge help.

As far as I can tell your IK set up will be just fine. Heck, I don't even bother with Demon Limb or Metalgrid. But then, I play softcore.

3. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

my last attempt at an IK barb fell short of the fabled 76...he died at 74 IIR lol

since he had on all but the maul and armor im not quite sure how the final AR is, but i know that i had no problems with hit chance when enchanted, and w/o the enchant i had someware in the 80's % to hit NM baal

sorry i cant help you for in hell, i never made it that far with an IK barb ^_^

hehe, you got in by 1 minute frenzied lol your a faster typer :)
    thats a very good point to use war cry, i never used it much as i just was doing baals until i got lazy and died :p but in the past on non IK builds i did use it just for the safety it gives.

4. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

Yeah i know that battle cry is very useful, and do use them frequently, however I gave my hirling thresher so he would override my BC curse. I am thinking of changing his weapon to some thing else like arioc needle so he can't override my BC anymore. But then I lost decrypt curse which i think is better... arr decision decision lol. Help me!!!

5. hittitian

hittitian IncGamers Member

I don't think curses overide warcries. Someone who tested clarify it please.

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Necro curses will override BC, and vice versa. Same goes for taunt and howl, I believe.

-Hal

7. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

Yup. That's true. I never see any necro let his hirling use reaper toll :). It'll be a curse civil war.

Now the next best choice for merc weapon is I think upgraded Hone Sundan, Etheral if possible, and socket it with shael shael amn, or shael eth amn. then let hirling wear Blackhorn's Face for the prevent monster heal and slow target by 20%.

8. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

IMO, you don't need that wisp ring (I'm using raven + angelic combo), unless there's a HUGE pack of souls you counter (that would be bad plan anyway, some badass fana well witch boss hiding in the corner :)). Add some cold dmg charms and one single whirl will freeze them enough.

I'm playing HC too, now progressing at lvl 86.

9. MerDeNoms

MerDeNoms IncGamers Member

While we are on the topic of IK set. Can anyone please post the conc speed breakpts for Ogre maul?

Thanks in advance.

10. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

11. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Since I'm in a really good mood (finally got that damn piece of code working, woo woo), I'll post them for you:

6 19
    11 18
    19 17
    29 16
    39 15
    54 14
    75 13
    109 12
    163 11
    280 10

Kinda sux, eh?

-Hal

12. ParaDox68

ParaDox68 IncGamers Member

out of curiosity, what are you doing for ML?

13. Frenzied Bovine

Uh.. IK set has 10% dual leech.

14. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

to help original poster, i'm using angelic ring / ammy / ravenfrost for jewelry (only open slots after ik set) to keep my ar at 95% til i hit 81 when i can slap on my metalgrid!

g

15. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

Thanks for the respond, I finally hit level 81 with my IK WW barb and have the chance to test out metalgrid. Unfortunately with the setup I mentioned above I won't hit 95% against DC. Also it take me longer than most people here stated to kill DC (some even mention it take them 30 seconds? No way!!! or am I confuse?). I took a good 2-4 minutes don't remember excatly, because my friend was helping me, and he static DC to 1/2 life already. My % to hit DC is around 75% with demonlimb enchant and 235 AR raven and 400 AR metalgrid and 3x 100+ AR gc. I'm suspecting the low % to hit is partially due to me being level 81 and DC level 99. So look like I have to carry a set of angelic ring/ammy to speed up DC time.

Next time, I'll solo DC to see how long I actually take.

16. Frenzied Bovine

I hope you BC'd him?

17. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

Yeah, taunt is the only exception as far as i know, that wont be overriden.
    So indeed it might be good to peplace your merc's weapon.

for AR, best add fine charms and you dont have the wealth to get enough, use steel grand charms.

18. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

Actuallly, tuant can be override by BC and any other necro curse, i think some of amazon curse also.

No I didn't BC DC often, because of decrypt on merc weapon. Still looking for the eth hone sundan though so for now he'll be using thresher.

19. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

ar is not that big a deal for pvm. bosses have blocking anyway, so you might as well get convenience instead of that last bit of ar. it seems to me that bosses in hell avg around 50% hit rate no matter what i do.

20. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

Not even with 100k AR will u have a 95% chance to hit vs Baal or Uber dia (try with a combat shrine) a realistic number to aim for is around 70-75% (would still require 10k+ id imagine).