Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IK armor from pit run?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by pliu, Feb 2, 2004.

1. pliu

pliu Banned

IK armor from pit run?

I want to make a IK barb and never find a armor( from day 1 I play Diablo 1.09 to now 1.10). I heared a lot about lot of people find IK armor from pit.Is is true? I do a lot of pit runs and have no luck. Where is the best place to find it? The pit? And any of you find one from the pit?

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

For hopefully the last time, there is no best place to find any item. The pit, along with all the other level 85 areas can drop IK armor, but at the same time so can pindle, baal and all other level 83+ areas, along with many other monsters.

Persistance is the key, chances are you won't find what you're looking for, but rather an item(s) that you can trade off for what you need.

3. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

I've seen a sacred armor drop in the pit, so it's possible. Just to find a green one.

4. UselessOne

UselessOne IncGamers Member

If you are going to look anyways, try the Icy Cellar and Worldstone Keep if you want a higher probability for it to drop. Pindleskin and Thresh Socket aren't bad either. People do the Pit even though it has a lower probability to drop since the monsters are much weaker and less dangerous there.

5. DragonX425

DragonX425 IncGamers Member

Uselessone said:
    "People do the Pit even though it has a lower probability to drop since the monsters are much weaker and less dangerous there."

no, no, no, no, and um.... NO! That isn't true. In this game the only reason a monster could have less of a chance to give something, is because of lvl or if the game designers designate a monster to be different (i.e. super uniques)

also to clear up things about mf, just because monsters can drop an item type, doesn't mean that they will drop a set or unique version easily, thats what mf is for. Pindleskin has a 0.26830190% chance to drop a Sacred Armor or other TClvl 87 armor. Now MF does nothing to increase or decrease this number, but only increases the chance that this item, if selected by the game, will be magic or better.

btw, that percentage came from http://www.d2data.net/

6. zanex

zanex IncGamers Member

This is really funny. I read about people doing Pit runs, and I decided to do one myself. I what did I get? Yes, the Uber armor Arctic Furs! (Quilted Armor, 30-46 Defense, 20 Durability, 12 Str Required, +275-325% Enhanced Defense, +10% Resistance to All) :)

7. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

pindle never drops for me lol

ive found plenty of stuff from pindle (including 1.10 Ik armour i might add) and travs + tons of other stuff, but none of it has ever actually dropped from pindle, always his minions lol.

Yea id pit / pindle in the same game for best chance of IK armour

8. knSith

knSith IncGamers Member

i've been doint pit runs for the past month or so on a regular basis, and up until this weekend i have found 1 ali baba, so on friday that just passed i found skullders from pindle, then did pit and found ik armour, the next day doing pit, i found arkaines valor.

you can find sweet items in the pit, but you wont find the best of the best on every run. you have to keep running pit over and over and hope for the best. I did my pit runs with 8 ppl ingame, and only 200mf on my frenzy barb,
    my buddy found tals armour twice in pit, so the items are there, you just need them to drop the right color

9. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

i found my Sacred Armor from the pit...

10. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I got Tal and IK armors in the pit, so yes, it's possible.

They don't exactly drop like rain though.

11. Daedin

Daedin IncGamers Member

And I got mine from pindle in 40 runs and not from pit with more than 100... so it's just luck

12. Lennis

Lennis IncGamers Member

I got my IK armor in the worldstone while questing for baal.

13. Pavtaia

Pavtaia IncGamers Member

I got two IK sacred armor in 50 3-player Pindleskin runs. Single player runs are kind of a sad way to go. I suggest getting some MF buddies (or a second/third computer so you can solo 2/3-player games without arguing who gets to whack Pindleskin).

14. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

I found my first IK armor ever in the pit this weekend. LOL, anyone got gloves, belt and maul laying around.....

15. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

I think I saw them in the pit recently...

:p

16. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

It just so happens that WSK is the same area level as the Pit (85).

So is the Chaos Sanctuary.