• The Unreal Tournament series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Durf, poing, and boobies?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anakha1

Banned
Steve_Kow said:
I think its a misconception that there isn't pressure on men to be fit.
It's a total misconception. Men are expected to be as fit almost as much as women are expected to be nowadays. The difference is that men are not objectified nearly as much.

Beowulf said:
I love women with more a little bit of curves. Most of the "super models" of the world are not what I would call hot. My gf is 5"7' and about 135-140lbs and I love it. If she was like 110lbs or something I would probably hate it.
I agree. This is why my favourite model is supermodel Laetitia Casta. Not a stick, but curvy and still phenomenally sexy. I think it's not unrealistic to expect a woman who is healthy and in shape to look similar to her size and shape.

StarStageGurl

Diabloii.Net Member
You know, I'm having a hard time believing all of you. Not that it's your fault or anything, but from a purely aesthetic point of view, would the female with the two extra bundles of fat on the hips, a little bit of a tummy, largish arms, and largish thighs really attract more guys than the skinny girl. The fatter girl isn't actually fat at all, she just has a little excess fat around her waist and such, and you can't actually see the bones on the skinny girl's body either... I have doubts.

So if we're not talking about any extremes, will the more curvy woman really get more attention?

Isolde212 said:
No. I am sorry that I cannot be happy for the skinny girls. At least not the ones portrayed through the media. I cannot and will not support the fact that because the media and society think that a women should be at an unhealthy weight to look beautiful that she is. Because of this media fed illusion millions of women all over the world have low self esteem and develop eating disorders. I can however be happy for people who are healthy despite their weight whether it be skinny, slender, fit or not.
A while ago, I sang for an agent. He said I had a great voice and so much potential, but #1, I was a little too young then, and #2, I should lose some weight. 10 kg he said, then I'd be perfect. I could lose a few, but I'm not overweight, not even close actually. If I lost 10 kg, I'd be well underweight.

I have a friend who's going to release her first album in July. Ever since she has gotten the contract, she has been under so so so much pressure to lose weight. She's not fat, just not skinny. She recieved the exact same request I did, "lose 10kg." (or wait...was it more than that) She's really cool though, she might just start a revolution. :)

But then again, I'm not a very healthy person. I could really cut back on the excess food, fastfood, and non-stop snacking. I really could lose weight easily, but eating is my hobby so I'm still in the midst of trying to enjoy life.

Edit: Anakha, she is very skinny:p Heh, it's funny how the entire argument so far is pro-"some fat"...then BOOM, a super skinny model is "perfect." Something like 2% of the population are born with that body type. (tall, long legged, small waist, skinny) Oh yea, research also shows that almost all models with that body type are flat-chested. If they aren't, it's usually fake. Not that all this is bad...I just find it ironic.

StarStageGurl said:
Edit: Anakha, she is very skinny:p Heh, it's funny how the entire argument so far is pro-"some fat"...then BOOM, a super skinny model is "perfect." Something like 2% of the population are born with that body type. (tall, long legged, small waist, skinny) Oh yea, research also shows that almost all models with that body type are flat-chested. If they aren't, it's usually fake. Not that all this is bad...I just find it ironic.
For the record, SSG, Laetitia Casta's height and weight (as stated on a dozen websites that turn up in a search for her on google) is listed at roughly 5'6" and 125 lbs. She's thin, but not "very skinny" like you might describe someone like Kate Moss (5'7", 105 lbs.). That's very skinny. LC is thin, but not ridiculously so.

And LC is not tall, long legged, with a tiny waist and flat-chested, hence the extra 20 lbs. She's actually got a little bit of meat on her, and she's not all plastic.

And for the record, different men like different things. Not everyone finds someone who's 5'10" and 99 lbs to be attractive in person. While a lot of supermodels look great on billboards and posters, looking at girls of their body type is a little creepy in my opinion--they either look 13 or they look like bugs. Just because the media wants to portray women a certain way and they look a certain way on television does not mean all men want to marry/date women who look like that.

Anakha1

Banned
StarStageGurl said:
I don't think she's skinny at all. I think she's fit, has proportionate features and is not like the 80s waifs most girls seem to think men want. That's what most women nowadays seem to think men still like. Most guys I know just want a girl who's proportionate.

If you think she's "super skinny" I want some of what you're smoking. ;) In fact according to the BMI she's at 20.2 which is just about dead centre in the middle of the "normal" range for proper weight/height ratio. I'm starting to wonder what you think a normal size is and what qualifies as too skinny.

Edit: And no, Laetitia Casta has never had any sort of surgery to improve her looks.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
DrunkCajun said:
For the record, SSG, Laetitia Casta's height and weight (as stated on a dozen websites that turn up in a search for her on google) is listed at roughly 5'6" and 125 lbs. She's thin, but not "very skinny" like you might describe someone like Kate Moss (5'7", 105 lbs.). That's very skinny. LC is thin, but not ridiculously so.

And LC is not tall, long legged, with a tiny waist and flat-chested, hence the extra 20 lbs. She's actually got a little bit of meat on her, and she's not all plastic.

And for the record, different men like different things. Not everyone finds someone who's 5'10" and 99 lbs to be attractive in person. While a lot of supermodels look great on billboards and posters, looking at girls of their body type is a little creepy in my opinion--they either look 13 or they look like bugs. Just because the media wants to portray women a certain way and they look a certain way on television does not mean all men want to marry/date women who look like that.
we really should feed Keira, someone has to

mexicanoloco

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
I don't think she's skinny at all. I think she's fit, has proportionate features and is not like the 80s waifs most girls seem to think men want. That's what most women nowadays seem to think men still like. Most guys I know just want a girl who's proportionate.

If you think she's "super skinny" I want some of what you're smoking. ;) In fact according to the BMI she's at 20.2 which is just about dead centre in the middle of the "normal" range for proper weight/height ratio. I'm starting to wonder what you think a normal size is and what qualifies as too skinny.

Edit: And no, Laetitia Casta has never had any sort of surgery to improve her looks.
shes not all that skinny..but shes a little to skinny for me...

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
She is nicely shaped. A little curvier wouldn't be bad, but she is in the hot range. A hell of a lot better than the 13 year old look.

Garbad

P.S. Another question for the guys. Do you care how tall your girl is? Assuming the girl was equally well built at 5'2" or 5'9" would you care?

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
Girls should be healthy and fit looking for maximum attractiveness as far as I'm concerned.

Also, guys have pressure put on them too. It's towards something else. When is the last time a girl got looked down on for not having a six pack? It just isn't as popular to talk about guys dealing with it too.

Madness

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad, in respone to your question, I'd rather have a girlfriend who's shorter than me. I wouldnt make a huge deal of it though.
I've had girlfriends ranging from really short, like 1.5m (not sure how high that is, 5.3, 5.4?) to about my height.

But I height alone would never be the deciding factor.

rplusplus

Diabloii.Net Member
When my wife gained weight during child birth I was supportive. When she still maintained 30 extra pounds for the next 10 years I was supportive. When she lost it all through a sensible diet and exercise and now at age 40 she's 5' 2" and 110 lbs. I am supportive in a way that goes beyond explanation.

R++

Raistlin Majere said:
Girls with a 6-pack? there is something wrong with that.
I agree. No self-respecting man would let a woman through his door with anything less than a case, and it better be bottles.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer slender women as well

Unfortunately Paris Hilton is not just slender, she is a skeleton

No thanks