If your girlfriend or wife is growing out of her size ifra

Q3 vs. UT

  • Quake 3 Arena

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Unreal Tournament series

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Durf, poing, and boobies?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
{KOW}Spazed said:
So what about guys like me? I don't want a stick...
So, KOW, what about women with super-high metabolism? You said if a girl is slender, she needs to eat. Shall we force-feed them?

Aeval can eat like a horse and drink side by side with me (though not quite as long as me), packing away more calories than most people twice her weight, and still is very slim. I happen to prefer a more slender girl, and I find her very attractive. To be honest, I don't think the girl could gain 20 pounds if she tried, but that's no more her fault than it is my fault that I'm 6'0" and wear a 42' jacket because anything smaller will rip from my shoulders.

It goes both ways, just so you know. Don't judge a slender girl because she's slender anymore than you'd judge a girl who's a bit overweight for being a bit overweight.

PS: Aeval is very healthly looking, not comparing her to that plastic faux human PH, but she's still very slim considering that she's 5'8".
 

Ron Burgundy

Diabloii.Net Member
If my significant other started gaining a few extra pounds, I don't think i'd say anything, but i'd start charging her for sex. Because I believe that fat chicks need to get laid too, but they got to pay.
 

Ranger14

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't agree that talking to partner about gaining a lot of weight being a health concern. It is a health concern! Perhaps it is because I have worked in the "diet and health" field, but if my partner was becoming overly heavy, that is exactly what I would talk to her about. My birth mother was obese and that is what I talked to her about and she knew it. Anyone who is overweight knows that it is a health issue, so they shouldn't be offended or taken-back if they addressed about the potential health risk.

It is an interesting notion in looking at love...is love just based on your connection and attraction to the mental or emotional, or is it also attached to the physical attraction to your partner. I am going to be so bold to say that you love a person for their overall mental, emotional, spiritual and yes, physical being. Someone gaining a large amount of weight could affect how one feels as well as losing a significant amount of weight. I know people who weren't happy after falling in love with a heavy person and then they lost weight. It can go both ways.

Now that I have opened up that can of proverbial worms I am going to step back and put on the flame-proof suit! :p
 

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
It depends on how slim to me. Paris Hilton is not my ideal. I prefer a woman who has curves like a woman, not hips like a boy.

Of course, it probably doesn't matter, mouth size is independent of how slim they are. -_-

Garbad
I agree, curves are the only way to go. I'm not a huge fan of women who look like Auschwitz victims with two sacs of saline dangling from their chest.
 

mexicanoloco

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
Call me shallow, but I wouldn't be in a relationship without the physical aspect. And if I was no longer attracted to a girl (for any reason), I wouldn't continue the relationship.

You can say its not love because I love "what they look like" but for me, love cannot exist without a complete relationship, including the physical aspect.

Garbad
it all depends in the person...for example sometimes i say to myself that the physical isnt that important in a person...but when im put in a stuiation liek this..well the physicial becomes more important...although there are times when theres a girl that i think is beautiful...but when i know her shes really not my type :p
 
DrunkCajun said:
So, KOW, what about women with super-high metabolism? You said if a girl is slender, she needs to eat. Shall we force-feed them?

Aeval can eat like a horse and drink side by side with me (though not quite as long as me), packing away more calories than most people twice her weight, and still is very slim. I happen to prefer a more slender girl, and I find her very attractive. To be honest, I don't think the girl could gain 20 pounds if she tried, but that's no more her fault than it is my fault that I'm 6'0" and wear a 42' jacket because anything smaller will rip from my shoulders.

It goes both ways, just so you know. Don't judge a slender girl because she's slender anymore than you'd judge a girl who's a bit overweight for being a bit overweight.

PS: Aeval is very healthly looking, not comparing her to that plastic faux human PH, but she's still very slim considering that she's 5'8".
Dude, I'm 5'8" 116lb. For the last few months I have been on doctor prescribed weight gain shakes that come in at 2500 calories a piece with lots of other goodies added in too. I haven't gained a single pound. I know it is hard for some people to gain weight. I have never seen a girl that is naturally thin look like Paris. When I mean thin I mean Paris Hilton thin or 'I can count your ribs from here' thin. I have nothing against the people who are naturally thing, that would be silly as I am one. But I am still more filled out than some girls.
 

Isolde212

Banned
Ranger14 said:
It is an interesting notion in looking at love...is love just based on your connection and attraction to the mental or emotional, or is it also attached to the physical attraction to your partner. I am going to be so bold to say that you love a person for their overall mental, emotional, spiritual and yes, physical being. Someone gaining a large amount of weight could affect how one feels as well as losing a significant amount of weight. I know people who weren't happy after falling in love with a heavy person and then they lost weight. It can go both ways.

Now that I have opened up that can of proverbial worms I am going to step back and put on the flame-proof suit! :p
I believe that you can fall in love with someone despite the physical attraction. You can be drawn to them for several other reasons that make them appear physically attractive to you. On the subject of attractiveness, I think that it would be fair to say that it is very subjective and that it differs for everyone as well as whether you would consider someone overwieght or not. It is true that you can fall in or out of love with someone just as you can gain or lose attraction to someone. In my honest opinion though if one were to completely lose attraction to someone simply because they gained a few pounds I think their standards are a little too high and ideals a wee bit warped.
 

mageemoo13

Diabloii.Net Member
Due to the overwhelming influence of society upon a human being's mind, the accepted ideals in everything from wealth and possessions to physical appearance force the being to make decisions based upon physical appearance. Family and past experiences, and personal fitting-together-ness, also play a part in decisions of relationships and where to draw the proverbial line in the sand. Along with this is the constant ruiner of social science, those indescribable and unpredictable elements of love and fate, which, intertwined, make a profound impact upon a human's decisions regarding relationships and hypothetical situations.

In regards to hypotheticals: actual responses and results may and most certainly will vary, and deviate from pronounced reactions.

Random Closing: Breathe... keep breathing/Don't lose... your nerve/Breathe... keep breathing/I can't do this... alone.
 

Ranger14

Diabloii.Net Member
Isolde212 said:
I believe that you can fall in love with someone despite the physical attraction. You can be drawn to them for several other reasons that make them appear physically attractive to you. On the subject of attractiveness, I think that it would be fair to say that it is very subjective and that it differs for everyone as well as whether you would consider someone overwieght or not. It is true that you can fall in or out of love with someone just as you can gain or lose attraction to someone. In my honest opinion though if one were to completely lose attraction to someone simply because they gained a few pounds I think their standards are a little too high and ideals a wee bit warped.
I understand what you are saying, but I still feel physical attraction plays a role in one's relationship. What difference is it if you fall in love with someone for who they are as a person without the looks part and then 5 months later you find out she is a *insert female dog word*? That person has changed or is someone different than the person you fell in love with. If you are not attracted to them whether physically or mentally, or for whatever reason that is all part of falling in and out of love. Love is way too complex to pin it down to a certain area.

I will go out on another limb and say that many times when someone does gain an excessive amount of weight, it does affect their personality, their self-image and how they view themselves. When someone has a self-image issue it is very hard to connect with a person on an emotional level. Weight can factor in on more than just the physical aspect of the relationship.
 

Madness

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
Call me shallow, but I wouldn't be in a relationship without the physical aspect. And if I was no longer attracted to a girl (for any reason), I wouldn't continue the relationship.

You can say its not love because I love "what they look like" but for me, love cannot exist without a complete relationship, including the physical aspect.

Garbad
Agreed. Call me shallow as well if you want.
I dont think I would get to a situation where I wasnt attracted anymore to the girl though. If she gained some weight, I think Id talk about it with her, if she is aware and wants to lose if back, Id be supportive. If she isnt, I'll tell her she should.
How come women are allowed to laugh at the tires of their husbands?
By the way, this would apply if she got too skinny as well.

Edit: I also liked what Ranger had to say, reading that.
 

StarStageGurl

Diabloii.Net Member
Most of us are talking about the girl gaining more than just a few pounds...so let me address that issue.

I don't think it's normal for a female (or male) to gain all that weight and feel okay about it. In this situation, I think the person has already aknowledged the fact that she's growing out of her size so suggesting that you work out with her might initially be greeted a little defensively. Personally, if that happened to me, I'd really appreciate the guy's efforts and take up the offer. (which it won't!!!!)

I don't think it's acceptable for anyone to put on so much weight and not care about it. If a person really needs someone to tell them that it's bad for their health, they either don't care about anything, which would mean that I wouldn't be dating them in the first place, or are just stupid.(which isn't quite possible)

Of course, this doesn't apply to anyone under the use of drugs which side-effects include putting on weight. Or to anyone who is going through periods of severe depression. When that happens, the other person should be very supportive and use sports to help cheer them up(you know, endorphin production).

So to answer the initial question, the person I was dating(let's not talk about marriage quite so early) would not allow that to happen to them unless they had a good reason to. And even if they did grow overweight due to factors out of their control, I wouldn't stop loving them. *puts anti-flame suit on*
 

dlscowby

Diabloii.Net Member
ok in my opinion, i do like skinnier girls. as long as they dont weigh as much as me, im fine by it (which is less than 170) but i also believe that if i fell in love, and if my wife/g/f started gaining weight, i would still love them the same and it wouldnt change, but i would want them to lose the wieght. now if they did or not really wouldnt matter because of the love, but thats assuming there is love. i would also go about discussing the topic by asking them if they wanted to work out with me, and in my case it wouldnt be suspicious at all, i work out all the time. it would just be another way to spend more time together :). but thats my 2 cents.
 
Top