Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

If your girlfriend or wife is growing out of her size ifra

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dirty_Zulu, May 2, 2005.

?

Q3 vs. UT

1. Quake 3 Arena

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Unreal Tournament series

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Durf, poing, and boobies?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu Diabloii.Net Member

If your girlfriend or wife is growing out of her size

I like the skinny legged, shapely breasted ones like Paris Hilton. I think men in general are attracted to slender women. Of course there's always the exception but you have a better bet on the slender chick getting some attention at the clubs. When you're dating you can pick and choose but what if the one you're hooked up is changing?

If your girlfriend or wife is really growing out of her size you would:

A) tell her no matter how big she becomes, you'll love her for what she is

B) tell her she can lose a few and you say this because you love her and care for her health

2. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok Diabloii.Net Member

i would shove a whole Twix in my mouth and mumble something off.

3. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar Diabloii.Net Member

Suggest we start working out togeter, without referring to her increasing size as the reason why.

But while my current girlfriend isn't what you would call slim, she's not fat or chubby either. She just has a different body type than what you would prefer :)

4. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak Diabloii.Net Member

It depends on how slim to me. Paris Hilton is not my ideal. I prefer a woman who has curves like a woman, not hips like a boy.

Of course, it probably doesn't matter, mouth size is independent of how slim they are. -_-

Garbad

5. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

And for the record, as someone who's definetly had my laps around the block, skinny legs and breasts like you're talking about mean one thing and one thing only: implants.

Just wanted to lay that out there. Exceptions to this rule are very few and far between.

6. Johnny

Johnny Banned

The bigger the cushion the sweeter the pushing.

Personaly I think Paris Hilton is way to skinny and she could use bigger breasts.

I like girls of just about all sizes as long as we arent talking 300 pounds or 3 feet tall.

7. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

yeah skin and bone isn't all that desirable. get some meat on there, damit.

8. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

They shall not look like Paris Hilton. They shall not be 'fat'.
    They shall be medium sized!!
    In sweden we have a word called "lagom". Thats the word to use! :thumbsup:

9. Madness

Madness Diabloii.Net Member

You guys are missing the point of the question.
    Assume the girl is as you like her to be. Then assume she's put on weight.
    What do you do then?

10. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Love her all the same.

11. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

Depends on the woman. Different women will take criticism like this in different ways.

For example. My ex wife (Overweight, bordering on obese when we started dating, and obese by the time we ended our relationship), had I suggested to her that she had gained a bit of weight (And she had.), would take a fit on me. I was never allowed to mention anything regarding how much she ate, how she might be better off going out and walking places, or anything, because she was extremely sensitive.

My new love interest, however, is slightly overweight and actively working to change that. If she were to ever stop, and began gaining weight again, I know that I could speak to her about it... breach the subject carefully, of course. No woman is going to enjoy you telling her "Hun, you're getting fat, did you notice that?". I would probably mention something about her having stopped exercising, and let the conversation develop from there. Be gentle, because people are generally very, VERY defensive about their appearance. This sort of conversation has a lot of potential to harm a person's self-confidence. However, if the two of you have a decent amount of mutual respect, and you are gentle and understanding about the subject, then there is a higher chance that it will come to a constructive end.

Hope this helped.

12. Madness

Madness Diabloii.Net Member

I know what you mean.
    My current girlfriend would probably be more aware of that than me.
    She is in no way overweight, pretty slim even.
    There are several types of women, and she is the type that would care about it more than I would.

13. cyclotronic

cyclotronic Diabloii.Net Member

Put down the fork fatty, FACE!

14. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I refuse to answer as it would present a grave danger to my health and safety.

15. Module88

Module88 Diabloii.Net Member

Ugh. PH is disgusting.

16. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

You've already said too much.

I really do prefer to have bit of meat on my girls, Paris is in every way offensive too me. Nothing about here is attractive in a physical or mental way. If I can see ribs or use her as a bookmark then she needs to eat.

If my one and only started getting big, I would probably mention it. I wouldn't if it was a few vanity pounds, but if she was big enough that it would affect her health somewhere down the road I would. I wouldn't mention attractiveness, because I would do it before she would be unattractive to me.

17. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I think a man who tells his girl that she could stand to lose a little weight and uses the excuse that he loves her and is just worrying about her health is full of ****. You think that we don't see through that BS. Honestly if my guy got fat and I wasn't attracted to him anymore I would be blunt and tell him that he would probably see a lot more action if he lost the spare tire. If a girl is comfortable with her weight and doesn't need to be looking like a waif then congratulations for her. She should dump her lame boyfriend who thinks she should like a barbie and go find a man worthy of her and all of her attributes.

Edit:If you aren't attracted to your significant other anymore because they gained a few pounds then you really didn't love them, you loved who they looked like.

18. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

So what about guys like me? I don't want a stick, I also don't want my wife to be so obese that she can't fit out the door. If her health is bad or will be bad because of her weight I think you are being selfish and are trying too hard not to sound vain.

19. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy Diabloii.Net Member

I agree with Steel. I'd ask my wife or girlfriend or whatever if they wanted to work out. That way, I'd have someone to work out with, someone to keep me accountable on working out, and we'd both get healthier. And it depends on how much weight we're talking here. Five or ten pounds is nothing, but if you're talking like 100 pounds, then yeah, there's a health risk associated with that much weight that I'd be concerned for her health.

20. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I was speaking purely from the stance that someone had put on a few pounds not gained a hundred. I have my own opinions of obesity. I just don't think that gaining a few pounds is something to be addressed by a partner who is merely concerned about what you look like and then try to pass it off as a concern for your health. A few pounds is not going to kill you. But, I agree in the context that if my husband gained a lot of weight and it was putting his health at risk then I would address it. If the issue is purely esthetic then I think that it is better to say that you are less attracted to them then to lie.