If you were to start all over, untwinked....

Which Character!

• Amazon

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Assassin

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Necromancer

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Barbarian

• Paladin

• Sorceress

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Druid

• Total voters

LongingForDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizzard sorc. Doesn't need great items to be efficient. Use her to farm Meph, Pindle, AT, LK, maybe Travincal. Build any character you want afterwards.

Gynli

Diabloii.Net Member
I play untwinked; so technically any char will do...
But a twinked mfer will probably be made towards the end of my grail; and it'll most likely be a blizz sorc.

Soooooo... Sorc it is. :p

Haywire

Diabloii.Net Member
I like to grind a necro all the way through. Easy to mf still tedious. Just not a sorcerer although it's the most efficient. My style.

Maltatai

Diabloii.Net Member
I always play untwinked anyway but the next character I start, or two to be more precise, will be assassins.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
I sort of just did this when I started playing again about 2 months ago. At the time, I didn't feel like unpacking my back-up drives to grab my characters/stashes because I recall my stuff being a total mess that needed reorganizing and I just wanted to play. So untwinked Blizzballer it was.

She did fine all the way through hell (no deaths) - although I ultimately regretted not going with Meteorb instead.

Shortly after, my friends figured out what I was doing and wanted to play too so I did finally dig my stashes out of cold storage.

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
My answer is varied. When I restarted just a year ago, it was a sorceress. I think its unquestionable that a sorc is the faster way to get started gathering wealth, mostly because she can tele and the value in 1.13 of LK running for Runes.

However, IF I were doing it again, I think I would go with an assassin for a change (my vote went there). She's still got BoS to move around quickly and can handle a wide variety of targets.

Finally, my next untwinked char will be an amazon, that will be a fairly aggressive untwinked project. I guess this doesn't carry as much weight as I currently have two untwinked assassins and an untwinked hammerdin in process.

Gynli

Diabloii.Net Member
@Disposition

Yup. Each character gets access to a private stash and a communal one. And anything put into the communal stash is mule-off only.

For now. =P

EmperorMoo

Diabloii.Net Member
Ha, yeah. I just restarted again yesterday utterly untwinked and this is what I went for. Currently en route to Andy, praying for topazes.

Grisu

Diabloii.Net Member
@EmperorMoo: you're still here? Wow, that name was buried deep down in my memory (didn't you have another avatar back in 2000something?)

I'd start with a sorc, due to pure efficiancy early on. But who knows, if I'd restart now, maybe I'd really stick with tournaments only and would start with a Meleezon or something :p

EmperorMoo

Diabloii.Net Member
@EmperorMoo: you're still here? Wow, that name was buried deep down in my memory (didn't you have another avatar back in 2000something?)

I'd start with a sorc, due to pure efficiancy early on. But who knows, if I'd restart now, maybe I'd really stick with tournaments only and would start with a Meleezon or something :p
@Grisu: thanks, I went for an unforgettable name which I came up with after a few ales! I've been away for a looooong time, but now my kids are getting a bit more grown up I'm hoping to have time for the important stuff in life...

DariusTriplet

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorceress, for a few reasons:
  1. Teleport!
  2. In 1.10+, Fireball + Leaf can blast through Normal/NM without much fuss
  3. Spirit/Spirit is cheap to make and shores up mana, which lets you focus on boosting strength/vitality
  4. Lots of cool builds - Fireballer, FO+whatever, pure Blizzard, etc.

Reloader.XMH

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting poll. A substantial portion of the active players on this forum play untwinked only, so I imagine answers will vary greatly.

I have made an Untwinked Guardian of every class except barbarian.... I did make an interesting attempt last year at an Untwinked Pitzerker in HC, which ended rather sadly around 600 hours. Not ready to start that again... yet.

Having said that, I truly enjoy a fresh Druid. His skill diversity is unparalleled, in my opinion. I'm also an avid nature lover who enjoys spending the weekends practicing bushcraft in the forests. Druid is also the first character I beat the game with when I was ten or so years old. Plus... wereform is just so awesome. All in all, it may not be the most efficient character, but he sure is my favorite.

Imortaldead

Diabloii.Net Member
They can all be played Untwinked , look at some of the speed runners play, and without ladder Rune words
Now if I have a shared stash, it would be any spell caster

queenEm

Diabloii.Net Member
I always start with a necro summoner, a classic Fishymancer, and his name is always DeadLarry. Must have made ten of them at least ...