If you had the power...

PsionicAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
If you had the power...

To add a new cube recipe for DII LOD, what would it be?

For me, it would be a recipe that could convert a non-ethereal unique item in an ethereal unique item. I think some underrated unique would be more used by everyone.

Something in the lines of :
Eth rune + Perfect Emerald + Full Rejuvenation Potion + Normal Unique Item = Ethereal Version of Unique Item
And two other recipe for exceptional and elite, with much rarer runes and a different gem.

Lets hear your suggestions ! Use your imagination !

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
something like tome of tp + wirts leg + PGem = open the cow level after you've killed the king

Nightfire05

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd personally like something to add enchantments to items, based on things you find. Say...

Magic Ring + 3 chipped rubies + Eth rune = Adds 1-2 fire damage to ring. (stacks)

Or something along those lines, with balances to keep it from being hideously overpowered. Maybe something else like this would be nice too.

Normal Magic item + 1 Thul rune + 1 Amn rune +1 Perfect Gem = Exceptional version of magic item.

And so on and so forth for elite. That would be nice too. I have a lot of other things I'd like to see, too. But I won't list them all here, it'd take up too much space. :lol:

logger120

Diabloii.Net Member
definitly a cube down rune recipe. basically exactly what frosty said w/o the soj :replaces soj with cathan's seal:

PsionicAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
Lol, Cathan's Seal, they would definitely get usefull, and all of us could empty our stashes a little bit. Do not laugh, 1500 less cathan's seal in a stash makes a difference :)

Seems like the downgrading recipe is popular, Any other recipe other can think of?

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Mal rune + runeword(or other socketed item)= destroy's item but leaves all runes to you(or other socketible items).
Downgrading runes is also very good thingo IMO

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
single use super items:

Med-high rune (Io-Fal) + PGem (type matters) + magic elite item (weapon or armor)

Ptopaz + weapon = potion of +100-350 lightning damage for 30 seconds
Ptopaz + armor = potion of 95% ligtning resist for 30 seconds
Pskull + weapon = potion of amplify damage for 30 seconds
Pskull + armor = potion of 75% stone skin
etc.

Slightly overpowered though, so maybe make it like most curses and only one can be active at one time.

ElVingador

Diabloii.Net Member
These recipes could give those piles of green breast plates and broad swords some actual use:

Perfect Topaz + Isenhart's armor + magical jewel + Dol rune = rare jewel.

Perfect Amethyst + Isenhart's sword + Hel rune + any jewel = rare weapon (with randomly determinated base type).

adeadrat

Diabloii.Net Member
yes rune downgrade recipe would be l33t. i dont really care for upp'ing sets. i'm fine leaving them as they are.

Crudesash68

Diabloii.Net Member
Upping sets and rune downgrades are cool, but I'd like to see this as well:

Set Item + Perfect Gem + Mid-level Rune= Random Set Item (in the same ilvl range of the original item.)

Unique Item + Perfect Gem + Mid-level Rune+ Random Unique Item (in the same ilvl range of the original item.)

Naturally when playing a twinked, SC character, these are superflous changes; but to an untwinked HC player...these can really change the game.

Steve

Gnoggen

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd add..

I'd add some easy to make runewords with dubious usefulness, The parenthesis indicate the name of the runeword

Eth El (Aunt Ethyl)
Item Type: Weapon
Adds 25 charges of Summon: Aunt Ethyl, who then follows you around telling you that in her day adventurers killed Baal with nothing but leather armor and a white short staff. As a matter of fact, all this new-fangled magic finding confuses her. It just goes to show how spoiled today's youth has yada yada yada...

Ko Ko Pul (Sonny)
Item Type: Mask
Monsters appear confused and hesitate to attack you. Maybe they are trying to decide what the heck you are. Sure, you are "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs", but WHAT ARE YOU?

Eld Ist (Depends)
Item Type: Belt - sure, no sockets, but we can all dream, right?
Suddenly you walk much much slower and have to stop to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. Funky odor keeps the baddies from mobbing you.

Cham El (Black Lung)
Item Type: Leather Armor
Besides imbuing your skin with a thick yellow leathery sheen, this runeword will come with 25 charges of find potion. *Hork* *Hork* *Hork* *Hork*

Uh... thats really all I can think of for now...... ;)

Edit: OK, I realize Cham-El is NOT an easy runeword, and niether really is Eld-Ist but I started with Eth-El. ;)

JicamaEater

Diabloii.Net Member
GooberGrape said:
Say it out loud, people.

Eth-El

That made my day.

-GG
There's probably a ton of these puns. I want the "Claustrophobia" runeword.

Cham-Ber. And there's Tir-Ith (LotR). Hel-Lo.

adeadrat

Diabloii.Net Member
Gnoggen said:
I'd add some easy to make runewords with dubious usefulness, The parenthesis indicate the name of the runeword

Eth El (Aunt Ethyl)
Item Type: Weapon
Adds 25 charges of Summon: Aunt Ethyl, who then follows you around telling you that in her day adventurers killed Baal with nothing but leather armor and a white short staff. As a matter of fact, all this new-fangled magic finding confuses her. It just goes to show how spoiled today's youth has yada yada yada...

Ko Ko Pul (Sonny)
Item Type: Mask
Monsters appear confused and hesitate to attack you. Maybe they are trying to decide what the heck you are. Sure, you are "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs", but WHAT ARE YOU?

Eld Ist (Depends)
Item Type: Belt - sure, no sockets, but we can all dream, right?
Suddenly you walk much much slower and have to stop to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. Funky odor keeps the baddies from mobbing you.

Cham El (Black Lung)
Item Type: Leather Armor
Besides imbuing your skin with a thick yellow leathery sheen, this runeword will come with 25 charges of find potion. *Hork* *Hork* *Hork* *Hork*

Uh... thats really all I can think of for now...... ;)

Edit: OK, I realize Cham-El is NOT an easy runeword, and niether really is Eld-Ist but I started with Eth-El. ;)

ROFL

cham-el = camel
eld-ist = eldest
KoKoPul = LMAO

/still laughing

Wonko the Sane

Diabloii.Net Member
GooberGrape said:
Say it out loud, people.

Eth-El

That made my day.

-GG
Not to mention Ko-Ko-Pul (make the L an F and we're in business! :D) and Eld-Ist. That was my favorite.
edit: pwnt by Adeadrat

The best I can do is:

El Lo El (Hilarity)
Item type: Weapon
Monsters struck with Hilarity become paralyzed with laughter.

Fal Lo (Tag-along)
Item type: Shield
This item contains charges of raise skeleton, skeletal mage, spirit wolf, clay golem, and carrion vine, all level one.