If you had a character as an extra mercenary...

Madagou

Diabloii.Net Member
If you had a character as an extra mercenary...

What would it be?

Ok lets say hell went 10 times more difficult, so to compensate blizzard allowed people to have another character as a mercenary, with inventory, belts slots etc, as a normal char would have.
So having this you would have you + merc + character merc, but what would you choose? what would go best together?

To me i would choose act 2 blessed aim merc, me as a necromancer, and a druid summoner build as a a character merc, this will equal mass lag and continuos loss of minions, it may also cause people to get pissed at me during baal runs, and it could also crash my computer... awesome :)

Ce Olba

Banned
My BvC with no merc but another BvC as a "character merc". Now, if he could do the things I can, we would get double the stunning via Leap and double the damage via two people triwhirling.

Or maybe a Bonemancers with 1 pt amp and 1 pt decrepify?

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
If your looking to piss people in baal runs try necro summoner and meteorb char sorc merc..:grin:

BluzMan

Banned
Gahh any char with a summoning necro merc. Makes you immune to everything (hence summonmancers dominate PvM) and, on the other hand, you're still able to shoot. (hammers, orbs, CL's or spears, really doesn't matter)

BlueOctoberFan

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd go with anything as a main char, and my EleZealot build as the merc... Wouldn't matter how I attack... Physical? They're dropped 92% defense by conviction and slowed and weakened 50% by Decrepify. Elemental? Conviction dropping them 150%. You get the picture. :)

DukeZed

Diabloii.Net Member
Maxed poisonmancer with optional summons and limited (~1k damage) Bone Spirit as backup attack using LR for total of -130-140% poison res, as my merc and me as a dual element trapper with infinity merc.

Also by "Ok lets say hell went 10 times more difficult" what does 10 times mean? What would make the game 10 times more difficult on hell? We are offering up our suggestions based on our current understanding of it, but 10 times more difficult to me would involve bosses swamping the place, every group is a boss, and you can get multiple auras on bosses such as Thorns and Holy Freeze and Fanaticism or Conviction and Holy Shock and Holy Fire. Also they would pick up player skills such as a multiple shot freezing arrow knockback piercing amp dam holy freeze fanaticism extra fast rogue boss. Throw in some sick mods like Slows 50%, Immune to player (but not merc/minion) attack, Revives as a boss, Fire (shrine) on Death etc on random monsters.

MedctnStn

Diabloii.Net Member
i'd probably go with a summoner necro as me with some kind of paladin or maybe even a barb or something. not sure

let's say this does happen and you choose two paladins for the sake of argument. would your skills be able to synergize with your character merc? that might be nifty.

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I would use my zealot, with a tank Act 2 defiance mercenary (4k stone, high-dmg insight, eth delirium) and a characer mercenary of a summoner necromancer. Pure summons, since my zealot can take care of crowd control, his only job would be swarming the enemy with bodies.