Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

If this works... wow, tons of good runes

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

If this works... wow, tons of good runes

I have a weird idea now...

Let's say you have two accounts. Account A and Account B. In each account you have one character: Character A and Character B. Rush both Characters to Hell level and do the following things.

1) Use character A to complete the Hellforge quest. (get whatever you want)
    2) Make a new game with character B, so the Hellforge quest should be activated again. Use character B to kill Hephasto and get the Big Hammer. Use character B to put the soulstone onto the platform (whatever it is called). Leave the hammer on the ground.
    3) Log into the same account with Character A. Quit character B from the game. And use character A to smash the soulstone.

If everyone works out as I've planned, you can repeat the Hellforge quest for so many times. I'm not sure if this works. Or maybe it's just stupid. You may be unable to pick up the hammer or smash the soulstone if you have completed the quest. I don't know. Has someone tried this before?

P.S. If this works by any chance, I reserve the right to name it "Cerebron's Method of Rune Synthesis."

2. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

I'm afraid it won't work. I know you can't pick up the staff or ammy in Act 2 after you've done the quests.

3. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

you can always try it out with a friend...

but i believe ive tried this a long time ago, it didnt work.
    its probably because the one who has completed the quest, can no longer pick up any of the two items.

4. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

If I remember the roolz properly for the Hellforge quest it drops a certain amount of gems depending upon "the number of people in the party near the hellforge who haven't finished the quest". Meaning you can smash the soulstone all day long with a character who has completed the quest, but you won't get a fountain of gems (and the rune) unless there is somebody in the party near the hellforge who hasn't completed the quest.

5. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

you can only pick up the hammer and smash the hellforge if you have NOT completed the quest.

And the number of runes and gems dropped does not have to do with the number of people getting the quest... whether it's 1 or 8 getting the quest, it'll always drop that 1 rune and the same # of gems.

--fatty

6. HarbingersOfSouls

HarbingersOfSouls IncGamers Member

Can always do what I started doing....basically did some "thugin' and buggin" and got jah, ber, zod, and few others(though I was paid up front)

HoSv2

7. bjb0mb3rz

bjb0mb3rz IncGamers Member

# of players in the games (in your party) only affects the gem quality from what I understand.

Might improve rune drop quality too.

Not sure :scratch:
    -
    And If you want anything good from forge, you must do it in hell (or maybe NM).
    And that requires you to be at least lvl 40 for hell (20 for NM) if I'm not mistaken, as you need to defeat ancients in the difficulties, which has a lvl req.

Note sure tho

8. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

thuggin / buggin?

is this that goofy post about weird builds where we all talked gangster?

ps.

i'm lovin the v2

9. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Blizzard made sure noone abused runes pretty good, :thumbsup:

They stop you in 3 places,

1. you can't pick up the hammer

2. you can't put the stone on if you have already done the quest

3. if you have a hammer (from a later difficulty), and a stone is on (by another char), you can't hit it if you've done the quest.

10. HarbingersOfSouls

HarbingersOfSouls IncGamers Member

Well Have a few friends with a little bully problem,so knowing what runes they have...I have them pay me the runes I want(up front) then I go "Thuggin' and Buggin'".

Great thing is....I have to do this a few times a week to solve their problem...and increase my rune collection(only a vex away from exile now, and mal away from cta)....hope business picks up

To thuggin' and Buggin' :drink: :buddies:

HoSv2