Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IF THEY EVER MAKE PATCH 1.15

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Wolf96, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Wolf96

Wolf96 Diabloii.Net Member

Hi,first of all i'd like to say that i really am still enjoying Diablo 2,and i am really glad that blizzard still updated it very recently the patch 1.14.However,as a long time player,there are some points i would like to write for blizzard if they are making patch1.15 of diablo2.

Major improvements:
    To add base/starting physical damage reduction % in certain character classes like the barbarian,paladin,amazon,assasin and druid in werebear and werewolf forms.I would really love to see something like this:- 30% physical dmg red. For the barbarian(like it has in diablo 3),25% for paladin,assasin and amazon and 25%or30% dmg reduction bonus for druid in his werewolf and werebear forms respectively.
    I know this would be a drastic change for diablo 2,but it would really interest new players and exalt veteran players of the game.I for one know that damage red.,even not just in % red is a very hard thing to come by in diablo 2 and very few items and runes offer it.So,i dont think it would hurt if there would be a starting base physical damage reduction by x% for certain characters.If the cap physical resistance is still 50%,it would still take hardwork and dedication to reach it.Also this new property be displayed somewhere in the character stats.

Also i would love it if 'damage reduced by x' or 'damage reduced by x%' be a more abundant or an even possible find(in the case of damage reduced by x%) in magical items..not just in a few unique items,set items or runeword items.But i am not saying that it should be a moderately abundant find.

*Set items are a bit hard to find,i thus recommend that if one part of a set item is found,it should thus increase the chances of finding more parts of that set item and so on..

Minor bugs and fixes:
    *To fix a bug where the charge skill(Paladin) would sometimes get the player(or monster) stuck in some occasions.This really could sometimes cause great danger in a situation when using the skill.
    *Also,the thorns damage given by spirit of barbs really upset most druid players as they stated it to be too low as compared to the paladin's thorns aura or the necromancer's iron maiden.I recommend this to be fixed to be somewhere around 75% at lvl1,gaining about 15% at each lvl.,or some value of what you please.
    *Also,maybe it would aslo be really cool if iron skin could give 1% physical dmg reduction at each lvl or 0.5% at each lvl.to be a little less generous.

P.S. The main reasons why i stated so much about the improvements of the damage reduction systems is due to high dmg spikes occuring in high difficulties and even PVP battles are really quite a pain in the ass and i would be really grateful to blizzard if they ever take my humble recommendations into their consideration..

2. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan Diabloii.Net Member

for us few classic diablo 2 players coming back... make the (physical) bowazon viable: first try removing the 2/3 damage penalty to Strafe and Multishot, and if that's still not enough... then there's tons of easy ways (not sure about how much code work it'd entail though) to make them viable, such as simply increase bows/xbows base damage, add in more damaging bows, give more bonus damage to strafe/multishot or give bonus damage to another skill (for example, penetrate increases AR and damage). If there's a next delay that effects strafe/multishot (from shooting arrows graphically but not doing any damage), remove it.

and the most obvious... for the spear/fend zon fix the "fend bug" the conflict between attacking (animation/hitting) and the 3 dodging skills animation, also... maybe have some skill give a defense bonus too...

------

also, make it possible to achieve clvl 99, and relatively easily, so we can enjoy having maxed characters, against pvm, especially for us SP players

------

also, make Axes be much more damaging (and give them a bonus vs demon)

swords: bonus vs animals
    blunts: bonus vs undead
    axes: bonus vs demon

Void Stalker and Wolf96 like this.
  3. Wolf96

Oh!and one more important thing,make gold pick-up an auto function like in diablo 3.picking up gold manually can be annoying sometimes and it would be a lot easier if it would simply be an auto pick-up function(cos no one would like leave a gold drop behind anyway)

Void Stalker likes this.
  4. Wolf96

*It would be wonderful if Vendors in nightmare and hell difficulty could sell(or could sell a lot more type of it) the exceptional and elite versions respectively of the items they offer in normal difficulty.For eg.in nightmare difficulty,act 1 Charsi would sell gladius,cleavers,trellised armor,serpentskin armor etc. And its elite counterparts in hell difficulty.

Note:This would greatly increase vendors of all acts worth in all difficulties.Regular/Normal items offered by vendors do not mean much anymore in nightmare and hell difficulties.So,this would be a really great improvement for the game.

*Re-modify or improve hirelings in the way they interact with the environment and how they follow players through congested places like the maggot lair.Especially in the maggot lair,hirelings are often/always get stuck as they try to stay close to the character but often cannot find their way around the maze,(they are not clever enough to find the correct way around)

I'm sorry i cannot remember all my suggestions at once,i beg your pardon for that,if i miss anything,i will keep uploading more suggestions.

Void Stalker likes this.
  5. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan Diabloii.Net Member

Fix up the Paladin's Sanctuary Skill (it's weapon attack %ED to undead doesn't work and can't remember if it is suppose to give AR boost too and if it does, whether that works or not as well, to fix it up if it doesn't work) or instead of the weapon %ED to undead, make its aura damage to undead greater/synergies to boost it's damage up

Wolf96 likes this.
  6. Wolf96

Good point,thx for the feedback

7. Wolf96

Also it'd be nice if there are minion summoning shrines which could give minions(whether it'd be skeletons or golems or a whole new type)to fight beside us for a limited amount of time.

I am not sure if this would make a viable point,potions are a bit too abundant,too make gameplay even more fascinating and challenging,make potions scarce(i mean healing/rejuevination etc. and not damaging potions).Instead try to make it up by introducing health globes dropped by slain monsters as in diablo 3,and potions to be only be able to be carried in the belt slots or so.Too many healing/rejuev potions at our disposal makes healing shrines quite useless too.Also to make it even more challenging,make town portals scarce and/or around 5sec casting time for town portals.

Furthur fix decripify to gain +0.8sec or 1sec duration per upgrade,instead of +0.6 per point.Most people dont invest like 20 skill in decripify anyway,a lvl80+ necro would invest about probably 5 or 6(+4 with bonuses)and this would give about 10.4sec duration if it was +0.8 for every point,and 12 sec if it was +1sec (at lvl9 decripify).i dont think this would be overpowering.

As i said earlier,the point of armor in diablo is to avoid/dodge damage rather than absorbing or reducing damage.But still there usually exists high damage spikes from high lvl monsters which could be very annoying,so to make up for this,i highly recommend the physical damage reduction mods should be improved.I know it may be hard to be generous in this prospect,but i recommend physical damage reduction should be displayed in the character stat menu along with other resistances(magic also).Also if starting base physical damage reduction% for paladin,barbarian,amazon,assasin and druid animal forms be not considered viable,then i recommend higher drop rate of physical damage reduction in 'by x'mod and 'by x%'' mod in most magical items than before,also improve physical damage reduced by x mod with player level,seriously this needs to be improved,crafted safety items only give 1-4 damage reduction which is a total joke a higher levels,instead let it scale accordingly with player lvl like an everlasting amulet gives 15 physical red at lvl60,that means it would gain +1 after every 4 level or make the value fixed at 11 and from lvl 44 onward to gain +4 every lvl;its just an example.But i really wish for starting base physical red.,like atleast around 15% for paladin,20% for barbarian etc.

Hirelings sometimes glitch and are invisble,i recommend this to be fixed too.

Improve hirelings to be able to use skill granted by items like summon direwolf for the runeword offered by crescent moon.Also make armor models for hirelings,just like for player classes,like when they wear a winged helm,let it be visible on the art too.

Further improve drop rates for higher level runes.

Give golem a chace to deal area effect damage on attack to deal with swarms,especially useful for golem only investors.