Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IF there is no cheater?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by freed0m, Mar 15, 2004.

1. freed0m

freed0m IncGamers Member

IF there is no cheater?

it seems that many players hate cheating in a game.
    but did you ever think of the fact that u are getting benefits from them?

take some examples:
    1) baal run
    i think everyone got the experience, doing baal run and just waiting in town.
    until sorc (or other char) open a tp in baal room. sometimes, the sorc can make it incredibly fast. no wonder some / many of them are using mh.
    maybe u are not using mh, but actually u are getting candiy from those mh user~

2) soj counter
    many of us know how the DC spawn, yes! by selling soj.
    how many soj do u have in your diablo life? one? or two?
    i think no legit players can even get 70 soj in a month,rite?
    but in order to spawn DC in a server, 70-120 soj need to be sold.
    of course this can be done by many players, when 70 players sell their soj, it comes DC birthday.
    but how many of us are willing to sell?
    probably soj are sold by cheater and duper, without them, it is much much more difficult to get a unquie sc!!

i am not going to support those cheater, but while we are scolding others, plx think about wht happen IF THERE IS NO CHEATER?

many of us hate cockroach. but without cockroach, the food chain will be broken, and there should be some adverse effect to human. (maybe this is one of the reason why bizzard doesnt take absolute action to all cheaters)

flame me if u feel uncomfortable after reading my thread.

2. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

i am risking eternal flammation posting here but still..he does rationalise his ideas pretty nicely.. :scratch:

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You mean we need cheaters because else the clone won't appear ?

Triggering the clone most probably works that way because there are so many duped sojs in non-ladder, not vice versa. It' just as it is with the cube recipes involving sojs. If there were no duped sojs, I'm sure the method would perhaps involve something else that has been subject to inflation.

4. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Seems like your argument isn't supported by concrete examples or facts but that's besides the point...I'd say the bottom line is, cheating isn't good, period. I don't care if it's fun or whatever, I disagree with it.

-Backdoor Bandit

5. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

I don't know what food chain you're a part of, but I don't get my food from cockroaches...

6. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

1) Indeed... but then again one can get decent experience en-route as well, not to mention that you can get good items. Their loss...

2) Consider this: had SoJs not been duped to extinction and back again, we would now have three things more that we don't currently have:

- A reasonable recipe for rerolling rare items (that doesn't require a ludicrously rare item as fodder)
    - A reasonable recipe for adding a socket to a Rare item (ditto)
    - A means of spawning Super-Diablo that didn't require the sale of hundreds or thousands of ludicrously rare items

(As someone who primarily plays Single Player I am irritated at all these points, in case you hadn't guessed, which only further reward the dupers... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

7. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

1) I suppose this is a valid point, but the main complaint most have against maphack is that it unfairly advantages individual players in a game. Since all players are getting the advantage, it's not quite so bad as it typically would be. Then again, that doesn't make it right. It's your choice how legit or moral you want to try to be. I wouldn't worry myself over this issue though. Personally I don't do pubby baal runs, but that has nothing to do with maphack.

2) As shade pointed out you are confusing cause and effect here. The DC was created by blizzard as yet another method of getting rid of all the duped soj. (The soj weren't duped to sell to spawn dc.) Arguably, this is MORE fair to players since everyone, not just the dupers get the benefit and oportunity for finding the unique sc (since DC is a server event.)

8. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

1. A good and even semigood (as me) sorc player can teleport to Throne very fast withaut MH, so this point is just... pointless.
    2. SoJ counter and all this Ani-hysteria just makes me creasy. I don´t think that Blizzard´s desperate try to get rid of tons of fake SoJs benefits me in any way. I can play withaut an Anihilus. One "hot server" can disturb an entire realm. I belive that Ani-project provokes more SoJ dupes.

I demand DEATH PENALTY for all cheaters.... NOW!!! :lol: