If nail clippers are banned in airplanes, they should also ban "black belters" right?

drkhunter

Diabloii.Net Member
Martial Arts are just a form of training. Do you really think some guy who trained for 10 years to get a black belt, even a 4th or 5th degree is going to even bother some guy who has been fighting in the streets for 20 years.

One guy is relying training the other on actual exprience.

PS. The street fighter would tear him to pieces.

DrunkPotHead

Diabloii.Net Member
Aren't the doors to cockpits re-inforced extra-thich steel doors? No matter what kind of martial-arts expert you are, you can't get through that without some sort of metal-cutting tool.

drkhunter said:
Martial Arts are just a form of training. Do you really think some guy who trained for 10 years to get a black belt, even a 4th or 5th degree is going to even bother some guy who has been fighting in the streets for 20 years.

One guy is relying training the other on actual exprience.

PS. The street fighter would tear him to pieces.
You do realize that a good teacher makes you fight other people to get to the next belt right? My instructor is pushing 82 and I guarantee he could beat anyone on this forum with both hands cut off.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
DrunkPotHead said:
Aren't the doors to cockpits re-inforced extra-thich steel doors? No matter what kind of martial-arts expert you are, you can't get through that without some sort of metal-cutting tool.
Now now, don't go raining on people's parades.

Martial artists have always been allowed on airplanes. I don't recall them ever being used in a hijacking though. Besides, an old 82 year old guy isn't going to instill any fear in the passengers. Slitting someone open with a boxcutter will. Or stabbing them with nail scissors.

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Judge me by my size, you do not. When 900 years you reach, look as good you will not

AeroJonesy said:
Besides, an old 82 year old guy isn't going to instill any fear in the passengers.
Ahh, but he would also be the last one you'd expect to try to hijack a plane, thereby lulling everyone into a false sense of security. He'd also have little left to live for if he died so he would have everything to gain and nothing to lose. An 82 year old would make a dangerous terrorist indeed.

Necrolestes said:
Ahh, but he would also be the last one you'd expect to try to hijack a plane, thereby lulling everyone into a false sense of security. He'd also have little left to live for if he died so he would have everything to gain and nothing to lose. An 82 year old would make a dangerous terrorist indeed.

As ripped as he is I don't think he will be dying anytime soon. . .plus he has a 50 something year old wife.

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortality

{KOW}Spazed said:
As ripped as he is I don't think he will be dying anytime soon. . .plus he has a 50 something year old wife.
A Jack LaLanne type, hmm? More power to him, then. But you have to admit that no one would ever suspect the elderly old man.

Necrolestes said:
A Jack LaLanne type, hmm? More power to him, then. But you have to admit that no one would ever suspect the elderly old man.
When I first met him he was in street clothes and I thought I could have kicked his ass with a blindfold on. . .oh how very wrong I was. He is way faster than everyone in our class, like more than twice as fast with is hands and you don't even see anything below his knee when he kicks.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
When I first met him he was in street clothes and I thought I could have kicked his ass with a blindfold on. . .oh how very wrong I was. He is way faster than everyone in our class, like more than twice as fast with is hands and you don't even see anything below his knee when he kicks.
My point entirely. If you're going to hold an entire airplane full of people hostage, you have to make them so afraid that they won't fight back. Obviously an old man ain't gonna cut it. That's what the blood, stabbing, and screaming is for.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
You do realize that a good teacher makes you fight other people to get to the next belt right? My instructor is pushing 82 and I guarantee he could beat anyone on this forum with both hands cut off.

Not saying I would be better..but "giving" his hands backto him..I would fight him.
What you need to do is stop trying to be a "wanna bee" up againt him..and try to focus on being better than him. I'm sure your teacher would want this also.

drkhunter

Diabloii.Net Member
You do realize that a good teacher makes you fight other people to get to the next belt right?

Yes makes you train against people with the same training. If you know your opponent's next move you should beat him easily. Fight someone who you aren't sure of their training and the situation changes.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
drkhunter said:
You do realize that a good teacher makes you fight other people to get to the next belt right?

Yes makes you train against people with the same training. If you know your opponent's next move you should beat him easily. Fight someone who you aren't sure of their training and the situation changes.

Well under normal standerds a teacher wont place "streetfighters" in his classroom so his student can fight them. No, I don't doubt his teacher is VERY capable of destroying a street fighter..and yes a veteren streetfighter could hold his own VERY well also.
But saying a person is "the best" is nonsense to me..noone is the best, but in your mind is good to feel or know that "you" are...you make for a harder opponent.
There are always those who excel above many..and those who try to be better than that person is..thats why mental strength, and alot of courage in your heart, believeing in yourself you are the best, makes a great fighter.
There are many in my head that I pretty much know I would lose to..but they will never know that..and neither will everything my heart has to offer.
I will never fear an opponent..but will always cautious to what he has to offer.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Steve_Kow said:
I could kick your ass cyberhawk.

;)

you'd be the 1st ;)

If I knew ya in person..I'd let ya borrow some padded equipment, and test yer skills if ya wanted. I've actually personally trained a few in my day...and who knows, maybe you'd teach me a thing or two. I'm a fast learner when it come to something I like, like combat.

drkhunter said:

Silly me, I thought that was the reasoning for cross genre tournaments. The way I have usually seen it happen goes something like this.

Boxers/new untrained fighters < Wrestlers/Mid-range untrained(Street fighters) < Standing fighting styles/Good untrained(usually the 35-40 year olds) < Grapplers < Mixed arts

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
if they ban martial arts masters from flying wih plane than they should ban people also. animals only :lol:

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Grapplers rape any martial arts. You can see it in any mixed tourney.

And in my experience (I am something of a street fighter and have trained with people in various kinds of martial arts), each art has its weaknesses. Some forms match up well. Plus, often people in martial arts are completely surprised if you knock them down and start eye gouging or something. And the fact people in martial arts tend to be tall and skinny, and lack the power to knock someone out/break bones.

CyberHawk said:
But saying a person is "the best" is nonsense to me..noone is the best, but in your mind is good to feel or know that "you" are...you make for a harder opponent.
CyberHawk said:
you'd be the 1st ;)
So... Bluff, bluster, or overconfidence? Your call.

But back on topic, err, off topic.... whatever... Don't black belts have to register anyhow so it shows up on their ID?

Garbad

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
So... Bluff, bluster, or overconfidence? Your call.

Garbad

I dont get the question....are you asking if these are "good" things? I ahve no idea..tho bluffing can work pretty good, but usually you kinda have to have a certain kind of apperance. You know the failry decent size/look in the eyes/etc.
Otherwise I dont know what your asking.

Anakha1

Banned
raffster said:
I wonder if it's just going to be a matter of time when airport security wouldn't allow martial artists to board airplanes.
While they're at that they should also ban military personnel. Many soldiers are better trained and far more lethal with only their hands than any black belt.