Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

If it continues...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Wolfedude, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

If it continues...

Got my copy of Sacred today and from what I have seen I will be giving away my Dii items in a to be announced game soon. After seeing this and reading the preview of Guildwars it is hard to believe that most folks will not be moving on. Diablo has been a great game & I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it for many years but all good things come to an end and finding a game that has the same movement keys as Dii, a world 100 times as big and graphics and spells that knock your socks off.....well, I will be moving on. It has been enjoyable and reading the forum has been a part of my routine for quite some time.
    Perhaps I will check in with ya'll from time to time. Otherwise, look me up on the Sacred Community Forums. As always, I remain, the Wolfedude.

2. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

So Sacred or Guildwars, which should I choose as my next addiction?

I can only have 1 addiction at a time.

3. Sip

Sip Banned

Can i get a little more info on this stuff please?

Are these new blizzard games?

Do you have to pay 10 dollars a month to play?

Can i get link(s) to websites about them.

Sounds pretty cool though.

Edit: I just googled Guild wars and....SWEET! Its like diablo 3! you dont have to pay. Its sick and i have to have it.

4. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

lol :lol: another ones has been hooked. It plays extremely well too, so it will be a keeper. The 3 founders are Mike O'Brien, Jeff Strain and Patrick Wyatt - why are those familiar??? hmmmm.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Sacred is also free online. It is amazing.

6. Sip

Sip Banned

We should really hook up a team or something and play together. I know how hard it was playing diablo for the first time and not knowing what to do (like putting 200 in strength and 150 in energy on your "5 in every spell" necromancer. :lol: ).

When does it come out? Any good websites I can go to? It would be pretty pimp to find a website as friendly as this one to join.

7. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe, I bet Rah will answer that one ;)

/Magnus... who is already at the GW forum, together with a whole bunch of guys and girls from here!

PS! I couldn't stop smiling when I saw a thread called "Misfits" in there, with very familiar faces from somewhere ;)

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

GW is still a long way off but it sounds pretty cool. i thouhgt abotu that sacred but havent made the jump yet as i know of a few ppl that got it, played it, sold it already. I dont know them personally it is jsut some stuff I read.

9. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

I've heard that sacred online has lots of bugs and exploits, and lots of potential. Which one wins out will depend on the support it is given. I think i will wait for a bit befor jumping in. Guild Wars sounds interesting. No monthly fees but their will be additional content that one has to buy if they want the content. Sounds like optional fees to me, if one wants the greatest latest pay, if not youre okay.

For me i think i can wait for WOW and pay.

10. SonOfRah

ooooh! ooooh! Pick me!! Pick me!! I *can* answer that!!

Guild Wars:
    Developed by Mike O'Brien, Jeff Strain & Patrick Wyatt; who are the founders of ArenaNet. ArenaNet is a subsidiary of NCsoft. They call the game a competitive online RPG (CORPG), but it is quite similar to a MMORPG without most of the treadmill. Its challenging, but not impossible. Half the fun is trying to come up with a strategy and then applying it. Very fun to play as well. A beta will be held before release, and a very limited alpha invite program is being run between ArenaNet and 4 fan sites. Scheduled to be released 2nd half this year and by all reports it is progressing as per schedule.

Offical sites:
    ArenaNet: www.arena.net
    Guild Wars: www.guildwars.com

A fair bit on info can be gained from those 2 sites. Or you can visit one of a few fansites that are around about the game for more info. Alpha testers are allowed to tell the public about the game etc, so by browsing you can find out more from the game.

http://guildwars.rpgstars.com is a fan site that I help manage. Several people from here also visit that site and its forums so you'll probably recognise a few faces.

11. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

Is Guild Wars only PvP or does it have questing also?

TM

12. SonOfRah

both. It has pretty much the most tactical gameplay I have seen in a game ever. Granted it is shaping up to provide excellent pvp support, but the pvm side of thing is amazingly fun.

13. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

sacred has come out. it has its problems, and alot of people ***** and complain how it doesnt have handy features like d2 (eg town portals). if you wanna find out more about it it has its official website. you can find the link to it from the sacred forums on this website (you just need to scroll up in the menu thingy).

hope this helps. (oh it also has a demo you can try out which is also linked at the sacred forum)