Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

If India, China, and Australia teamed up . . . could they take over the world?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Steve_Kow, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

If India, China, and Australia teamed up . . . could they take over the world?

I say no, because hiding out in Australia never works. ;)

Total population is around 2.3 billion

If they waged war, or tried to gain dominion over their neighbors, how far do you think they would get?

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

jw, which way would they go first o_0

id say they could. i mean, china n india could support those uber kangeroos with uber leet0rz food while they kicked some major ass.

but seriously, no.

3. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

They could definitely conquer France. And Spain would elect a new pro-SinoAustralioIndio government.

4. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

During high school I used to joke about that.
    If India and China banded together, they could take over the world.
    From a space overview, all you would see is a wave of black moving all across the continent with pitchforks!

People then asked how would they take over America because of the ocean? I said, we're so big in numbers we can make a human bridge and still have enough to invade!

Yup.

5. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I say yes, for the simple reason that 2 of them (I dont think Australia does... do they?) have nuclear weapons, so worst case, they probably wouldnt actually gain control, MAD would ensure that everyone dies....

-Matt

6. Echod16

Echod16 IncGamers Member

Sealab 2021 would ensure the survival of americans, but don't expect us not to use our 32-ICBM nuclear missle-carrying submarines on them Indochinese

7. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

Why Australia? I can understand India and China what with the huge populations and all. Or have they signed some treaty together while I haven't been looking?

Anyway, can you imagine an Australian dictator? Complusory BBQ's and lager?

Now thats an oppressive regime I could live in...

8. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

wtf? I mean, as an Aussie...WTF??????

How did we get into this little equation? Our population of 21 million makes no contribution to the 2.7 billion population of the other two. We have one of the most capable militaries in the world but I doubt we could offer anything to a Sino-Indian alliance. And no we don't have nukes (except the ones that everyone pretends don't exist out in the desert but they don't belong to us).

Sooo, again...WTF????

(I suppose if we really wanted to we might be able to train some kangaroos or wallabies as landmine hunters...)

EDIT: You mean football, beer, beach and a barbie on Saturday and Sunday isn't what everyone else in the world does too?

9. Stoutwood

Stoutwood IncGamers Member

Sheer human population hasn't won wars since Navies came into existence. China would need more than 4 second-hand Russian subs to stand against the massive U.S. Navy, and while India has a respectible Air Force, their Navy also can't compare. European countries and the United States would form an unstoppable juggernaut, and would completely annihilate any force "Pan-Asia" could drum up. Both countries need about 30 years of military development to catch up with Western nations.

And unless Australia was taken over, they would be on the side of the Western nations. I have no idea what they are doing lumped up with the other guys.

10. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Well, I can't speak for the original poster, but in a globally dominant alliance, I would think China and India need a friend fully integrated into the first world. And before I get flamed, I understand that China and India have segments that are as technologically advanced as anybody else on this little blue marble, but many in those populous countries are living in circumstances closer to the third world than the first. So toss in the tough Aussies, who have a very high standard of living, outstanding education level, strong military, and Crocodile Dundee, and you have the ingredients for megolomania.

And yes, the rest of the world does the same things on the weekend the Aussies do. We just don't do it as well.

11. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

IF China and India did ally, (not including Australia, i mean, wha?)
    then do you know who they would go against, it'd be like:

India & China Vs. Rest of the World. - aka, USA, Russia, Germany, Israel, Canada, etc.

thats a tought team to go against, even if you have 2.7 (or whatever) billion people. you have to move and feed them all, which isnt easy.

12. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Didn't Germany try that a couple of times? Although I'm not sure you could get the US, Russia, Canada and Germany to agree on anything at the same time right now.

13. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Well we the US have taken on 2 at once...and at that time there wasnt much difference in technology. We can do it again to a larger population(which means crap), that has lesser weapon tech.

Of course countries nowadays that have that do-or-die attitude that we kinda saw in WWII....well I bet nuclear would be used. And that pretty much ends this world as most of us know it. Well it would make a serious changing in todays world we could say for sure.

14. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

hah yeah,
    but im pretty sure the threat of 2 billion people and world domination would get them together - at least just for that.

its not like 1 country is gonna be like "yeah, ok, you guys do it, we dont like you"

its gonna be like "OMGZ!11 teh kill them!!"

15. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

yeah, but the US alone could not take both of them on.

and yes, if nuclear weapons would be used i think we'd all be dead. - assuming more than 1 country used them, more than once.

16. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

I'm going to have to say no. No long drawn post explaining why, just no.

17. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Come to think of it, crocodile dundee and steve irwin could probably take over the world on their own.

-Matt

18. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

Boomerangs > Nukes

19. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

and Kangaroos>attack dogs. Kangaroos are so sensational...

20. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

What about attack dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?